Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
Back in the day, the analysts talked about how it was common practice to play with illegal sticks until late in the game. At that point the players would switch to the legal ones to avoid penalties. Demers was well aware of this and took advantage of it when he saw McSorely hadn't switched.

Was this true? No idea, but that was the story back then with all the talking heads. Never heard the story about Carbo before...

I remember the this too.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Winning ten games in OT in one playoff year is not a fluke. Winning one of those games on a lucky bounce, etc, sure. But to play in 11 OT games in one playoff year, and win the last 10 of them isn't luck. Fate, maybe. Clutch performances by the whole roster is the reason they won those games and the cup. Simple as that.

As for the stick, McSorley screwed up. Demers took a calculated risk. It paid off in getting them the power play. Kings could have killed the penalty off and won the game though, so to suggest the penalty gave Montreal the tying goal is foolish. Putting something on the ice to mess up skates? Really? How would it mess up only the Kings' skates, and what would it be? Asinine conspiracy theory.

3low5*

It sounds like your dad buys in to the whole argument that the Leafs were robbed & had they not been they would have creamed the Habs.

The biggest argument to this is when they drone on about about the Leafs getting robbed in 1993 with the missed call by Fraser on Gretzky when he high sticked Gilmour. Yep, the fact that the Leafs played 21 games in 3 series had nothing to do with it. The fact that the Leafs had a 3-2 series lead against LA & played a lazy game (I remember, I was yelling at the TV for the Leafs to get their butts in gear) in game 6 had nothing to with with it either. But yeah, these are non-factors. It`s obvious the NHL is out to screw T.O. It`s probably written somewhere in the dirty book of secrets.

I have actually read similar from habs fans on here. How the NHL will screw us because they don't want a Canadian team winning the cup. Some people are just cray cray and all fanbases have a few of them! :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad