1993 playoffs

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
This series loss still bothers me all the years later. Good luck with the idea, I cannot hit play or watch these though without wanting to shatter my monitor.

Me too! I was watching as the lone Wing fan in a house of Leaf fans! The OT goal in Game 7 still sucks!

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
And I've just realized by this that my first true locked in stone memory of the Wings is Osgood getting shelled by the Sharks in their first playoff series win ever. I mean, I knew what was going on with the team before this time but this Toronto series does not haunt me like it haunts many of you. To be fair, I would have been 9 at this point?

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
And I've just realized by this that my first true locked in stone memory of the Wings is Osgood getting shelled by the Sharks in their first playoff series win ever. I mean, I knew what was going on with the team before this time but this Toronto series does not haunt me like it haunts many of you. To be fair, I would have been 9 at this point?

Yeah that was bad too, losing to a major underdog that the Sharks were. They always seem to have our number in the playoffs for some reason.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
That was a great series to watch with friends in Windsor where hockey fans are split 40-40-20 (Leafs/Wings/Habs)

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017

My first memories of the Wings are Willie Huber, Reed Larson, Dale McCourt, Dennis Polonic and Vaclav Nedmansky.
I didn't become a Wings fan until about 85. And they really got interesting to me in 87, under Demers.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
That was a great series to watch with friends in Windsor where hockey fans are split 40-40-20 (Leafs/Wings/Habs)
It was pretty awesome, leafs/wings, growing up in southwestern Ontario that series was everything.

I'm not ready to talk about it, though.

Reactions: Oddbob

tabness

be a playa
Apr 4, 2014
So the NHL is filing copyright claims against some of the full games. I disputed under fair use for now but watch them while you can...

Here's Yzerman playing as a defenseman in game 2

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
So the NHL is filing copyright claims against some of the full games. I disputed under fair use for now but watch them while you can...

Here's Yzerman playing as a defenseman in game 2

Capitalism... wonder when they will start charging us for accessing our memories. Probably as soon as they figure out there's some sort of collective at work.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Leafs fan in peace, I was just an infant when this series took place but I've heard about it often these playoffs because it has some similarities to our current series with the Bruins, we were pummelled 5-1 and 7-3 in games 1 & 2 similar to how in this 93' series when we were pummelled 6-2 and 6-3 in games 1 & 2 by the Red Wings but went on to win the series in 7.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I can still picture Ozzy crying in the locker room. Second worst playoff exit I've seen - getting swept by that damn Devils team in 95 still haunts me. Stupid trapping muck it up low event hockey...

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia

I was 12 and it sucked, but yeah, the Sharks loss the following year was worse.

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
Capitalism... wonder when they will start charging us for accessing our memories. Probably as soon as they figure out there's some sort of collective at work.

If it's so bad you're always welcome to leave. One way ticket to China or Russia on me.

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
If it's so bad you're always welcome to leave. One way ticket to China or Russia on me.

Someone doesn't understand the makeup or scope of market economics. Your comment is about a half century too late.

This is a 'Detroit' Red Wings forum... responses like yours are in stark contrast to the attitudes that made Detroit great. Please lead us onward in our cultural decline!

tabness

be a playa
Apr 4, 2014
all the games are up (the NHL took down game 1 again and game 7 already)

I feel like the 1992-1993 team was really one of the best Detroit has put out, especially as they got it together later in the season. The playoffs were very disappointing but that's them breaks.

img

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
all the games are up (the NHL took down game 1 again and game 7 already)

I feel like the 1992-1993 team was really one of the best Detroit has put out, especially as they got it together later in the season. The playoffs were very disappointing but that's them breaks.

img
Lindstrom finishing with the worst grade on defense is such a crazy concept.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->