Prospect Info: 191.overall, F Kirill Tyutyayev

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Looks like another Veleno in terms of high IQ and good playmaking ability

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Johnny Gaudreau weighs in at 165 according to Hockey db so I am hopeful although I prefer someone putting on some serious strength like St Loius at 176 (also hockey db). Nikita Gusev is listed as 163. Patrick Kane is only an inch taller and is at 177.

Seems like he has the hockey IQ and a tool box. With those numbers he is putting up it seems like it will all depend on his speed mental game and strength. Wishing him luck that he puts on 20-30 lbs and gets a chance. It's an easy roster to crack for a few years.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
This guy is more Larionov than Datsyuk. (Not that he's going to rise to either level). Doesn't seem super fancy. But has remarkable patience and confidence with the puck.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
This guy is more Larionov than Datsyuk. (Not that he's going to rise to either level). Doesn't seem super fancy. But has remarkable patience and confidence with the puck.
More like Gusev light

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
The VHL Regular Season ended today... Tyutyayev finishes with 3 Goals 17 Assists +7 in 27 Games with Gornyak Uchaly.

The playoffs start on Saturday

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Kirill will play in the AHL next season. Kind of strange when you think about it, moving from Belarus to the AHL. Would have rather see him play in the KHL for a couple of years because this is quite a difficult move.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Kirill will play in the AHL next season. Kind of strange when you think about it, moving from Belarus to the AHL. Would have rather see him play in the KHL for a couple of years because this is quite a difficult move.
He is old enough to handle physical game. Can he handled it? I hope so, if not then he should go to Europe. This is his chance

Reactions: Konnan511

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
I think Tyutyayev will be the surprise of the Grand Rapids team. I think he will have great success there and pass some prospects that are ahead of him. He seems to be silently sneaky talented and just keeps performing. I don't think his size is going to be an issue but we will see. I'm really excited to see what he can do in the AHL. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Johnny Gaudreau weighs in at 165 according to Hockey db so I am hopeful although I prefer someone putting on some serious strength like St Loius at 176 (also hockey db). Nikita Gusev is listed as 163. Patrick Kane is only an inch taller and is at 177.

Seems like he has the hockey IQ and a tool box. With those numbers he is putting up it seems like it will all depend on his speed mental game and strength. Wishing him luck that he puts on 20-30 lbs and gets a chance. It's an easy roster to crack for a few years.
VHL has him listed as 77kg 178cm which is 5'10" 170lbs, though height/weight in hockey is notoriously inaccurate
Supreme Hockey League - Players : Tyutyayev Kirill (vhlru.ru)

At the same time, they usually update height/weight at the beginning of the season so he may be even bigger now. A few more pounds and size isn't a major concern. Short and stout works in the new NHL, you just can't be a lightweight like Hirose.

Intriguing prospect in any case. I like that he's taken the initiative to come to the US on an AHL contract at that. Says a lot about his motivation.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I think Tyutyayev will be the surprise of the Grand Rapids team. I think he will have great success there and pass some prospects that are ahead of him. He seems to be silently sneaky talented and just keeps performing. I don't think his size is going to be an issue but we will see. I'm really excited to see what he can do in the AHL. Keeping my fingers crossed.

He's going to need to get on the powerplay to really show his stuff. If Hirose doesn't return, that likelihood increases, perhaps.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
He's going to need to get on the powerplay to really show his stuff. If Hirose doesn't return, that likelihood increases, perhaps.
They are very similar players. I'd let Hirose play with Wings and then go from there

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
Tyutyayev seems more skilled and creative than Hirose to me. Hirose seems to play a more tight to the vest game, BUT, I haven't really seen a lot of Tyutyayev yet so we will see.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Tyutyayev seems more skilled and creative than Hirose to me. Hirose seems to play a more tight to the vest game, BUT, I haven't really seen a lot of Tyutyayev yet so we will see.

They are very similar players. I'd let Hirose play with Wings and then go from there

Hirose has sublime set up skills. Datsyuk-esque. Sometimes I'm floored by the things Hirose can do.
But he doesn't have any physical power in his game.
Small as Datsyuk was, he had burst. And that burst - the ability to speed up and slow down, dart left and right - is the difference between an NHLer and an AHLer.
On top of that, Datsyuk worked like a dog to find ways to survive and thrive against bigger, stronger players.
If Hirose goes to the KHL, I bet he puts up godly numbers.

Tyutyayev? Good to see he's grown. He was selected at 5'9 146, right?
Does he have the speed and skill to attack the net at 5 on 5? Or will he be bolted to the perimeter?

Last edited:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Hirose has sublime set up skills. Datsyuk-esque. Sometimes I'm floored by the things Hirose can do.
Small as Datsyuk was, he had burst. And that burst - the ability to speed up and slow down, dart left and right - is the difference between an NHLer and an AHLer.
On top of that, Datsyuk worked like a dog to find ways to survive and thrive against bigger, stronger players.

Does he have the speed and skill to attack the net at 5 on 5? Or will he be bolted to the perimeter?

He has speed and skills , but just like Hirose he doesn't play physical game. Tyutyaev whoud be good if play together with Smith. He likes to set from behind the net. I don't see NHL potential

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

You mean Pavel the Enforcer? 5-11 194 isn't that small, and he leverages really well.

Obligatory:
Pavel Datsyuk Vs Corey Perry 10/08/10 - YouTube

Reactions: winger7020

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
He has speed and skills , but just like Hirose he doesn't play physical game. Tyutyaev whoud be good if play together with Smith. He likes to set from behind the net. I don't see NHL potential

I don't think he has much speed.
But I need to see him skate against AHLers.
Looking forward to whatever kind of prospect camps happen this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad