Prospect Info: #191, Otto Kivenmaki

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
It’s not often I can’t even watch a replay, but that was terrifying. Just hope the dude makes a recovery.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Chin straps on hockey helmets are about as useful as my nipples.

Truth.

And even if they were secured with more than a flimsy plastic piece, most players wear their strap too loose for comfort reasons.

As an example, I don't expect Joe's strap here to do much if push came to shove. Also, damn he looks odd without the beard here.

BNG-L-SHARKS-1004-29-e1538682292389.jpg

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Truth.

And even if they were secured with more than a flimsy plastic piece, most players wear their strap too loose for comfort reasons.

As an example, I don't expect Joe's strap here to do much if push came to shove. Also, damn he looks odd without the beard here.

BNG-L-SHARKS-1004-29-e1538682292389.jpg
Lol true on all accounts

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Oh man not nice to see for sure! Hope he turns out ok! I do think this was an intended clean hit though, as he was aiming for the shoulder based on where Otto's shoulder was when he went in for the hit.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Oh man not nice to see for sure! Hope he turns out ok! I do think this was an intended clean hit though, as he was aiming for the shoulder based on where Otto's shoulder was when he went in for the hit.
Probly manslaughter as opposed to murder. He took his head off either way.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Probly manslaughter as opposed to murder. He took his head off either way.

At that speed though, once you have glanced through the shoulder, you can't magically stop the force on a dime. They don't have car brakes. Not saying for sure it was clean, but I do think he intended it to be clean, which to me means a lot when judging hits like this. Accidents happen and even the cleanest hits can cause massive injuries and issues!

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017
Oilers fan here, admittedly don’t know much about this player, but I, as well as the rest of the hockey world saw that nasty hit he took and I hope all the best for the kid’s health first and foremost. Here’s to a full recovery and hopefully he still gets a chance to make it to the NHL after all is said and done. Nobody wants to see anything like that happen to any player, ever. Cheers wings fan

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Oilers fan here, admittedly don’t know much about this player, but I, as well as the rest of the hockey world saw that nasty hit he took and I hope all the best for the kid’s health first and foremost. Here’s to a full recovery and hopefully he still gets a chance to make it to the NHL after all is said and done. Nobody wants to see anything like that happen to any player, ever. Cheers wings fan

According to the mom through translation he is doing well considering the circumstances and was even laughing, but has no memory right now. Not sure if that meant from the hit, or no memory at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->