Prospect Info: 190th - Brett Stapley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Bad pick even for a 7th rounder. 9 points upgrade as a 19-year old in tihe BCHL. The only thing I see is that they love North Dakota development program and bet he will improve there. ONLY reason why. But there were better options even at that rank.

G Man 77

Jan 18, 2003
Visit site
They did rather well with the 7th rounder last year.. like with the rest of the picks, we will see how that works out.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
C Brett Stapley (Vernon, BCHL): A two-way center with soft hands and can play in the trenches. Stapley recently committed to the University of Denver.

From the Draft Analyst 2017

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Habs ended up getting back the 7th round pick they sent to Philly last year to select Primeau. It's the third year in a row Habs traded the following year's 7th for a 7th in the current year.

2016 - They traded their 2017 7th to Winnipeg to draft Arvid Henrikson.
2017 - They traded their 2018 7th to Philly to draft Cayden Primeau.
2018 - They traded their 2019 7th to Philly to draft Brett Stapley.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He's going to one of the top programs in the NCAA, but they just lost their coach, former Hab Jim Montgomery to the NHL and of course losing the best player in the NCAA in Borgstrom is going to sting very badly so could be a bit of a down year for Denver. They are going to be a very young club with what looks like only 7 upper classman.

In addition to being a young team, they are going to have a very young coach, David Carle who had to stop playing due to a heart condition, his brother is Matt Carle.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Stapley taken out of the BCHL just after they get rid of their BCHL scout.

I'm not going to make a stink over a 7th round pick. I also asked myself "who?" when Habs selected Addison, Evans, and Primeau in the 7th round in previous drafts. Now, they're among my favorite prospects in the organization. I can't wait to see how he'll do in the NCAA next year.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
That clip was some fast hands.. but how come he didn't rip the BCHL up with skills like that?

That's the thing. An overager with only 9 points more to boot in what should have been his post-draft year. His ability to finish has to be questioned. Personnally, I would always prefer to go with an unproven kid at that round. Preferably a goalie or d-man, both have a greater chance at developing late. That's what Primeau was all about. I believe the homeruns could be hit with those type of picks. Anyway, we will see. He does show good hands and speed.

Reactions: WeThreeKings
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->