1909 Taverne Moderne Montreal Canadiens official new restaurant

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
With 3 big restaurants already in the bell centre (cage, 9-4-10 , mise au jeu) its becoming a bit much

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
For a split second I read Tavares but quickly crashed to earth when I spent 2 seconds to read the thread title.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Do any of the restaurant workers know how to play centre?

crosby-and-mackinnon.jpg

These guys I heard are not too bad.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Don't forget st hubert, Maddison's , Baton Rouge, decca 77, Beer market, queue cheval, know I'm forgetting some !

I don't consider any of these places to be sports restaurants.
I mean...La Queue de Cheval?..If you're going to consider a restaurant a sports one because they have a couple TVs and display the games...More than half the restaurants in the city could probably qualify.

Station des Sports, Champs, Cages aux sports..Places that would be pretty empty if not for a sporting event. Beer Markt and Queue de Cheval, Maddison's, St-Hubert...those places get busy without any sports.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Oh! Jean Bédard of La Cage must be ecstatic...

Does Geoff want to use the lower levels of the Bell Centre for office space, so he's trying to kill Bédard's restaurant?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
"Taverne Moderne" serving Molson (and dependencies) beer = Not a Taverne Moderne.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Station des Sports, Champs, Cages aux sports..Places that would be pretty empty if not for a sporting event. Beer Markt and Queue de Cheval, Maddison's, St-Hubert...those places get busy without any sports.

And there's no reason why, IN MONTREAL, there should be anyone in these places.

Seriously, BeerMarkt, Madison's... That's two of the Unholy Trio of ultimate wannabe/disgusting joints.

(The third being Le Shaker, of course).

Overtime Period

OvertimePeriod
Jun 20, 2008
Montreal
I don't consider any of these places to be sports restaurants.
I mean...La Queue de Cheval?..If you're going to consider a restaurant a sports one because they have a couple TVs and display the games...More than half the restaurants in the city could probably qualify.

I'm just thinking of places people will go before a hockey game since i work in the field

NewBlood

Sep 8, 2005
You guys speak as if Downtown Montreal was a small village that can't handle one more restaurant.

The downtown core is growing, more and more people are starting to live there, new office buildings are being built. Molson might not be that good at building a winning hockey team but he's a great businessman. If they're opening that restaurant, it's because they know there's enough demand. Moreover, if you read the article, the food offer seems fancier than what you could get at La Cage or other sports bars. Different segmentation.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Oh! Jean Bédard of La Cage must be ecstatic...

Does Geoff want to use the lower levels of the Bell Centre for office space, so he's trying to kill Bédard's restaurant?

I don't think they're direct competition.

I mean, sure, they'll both be showing the Habs games, but la Cage is more of a super casual sports bar, whereas La Taverne Moderne seems like it'll be a little more upscale.

I'll probably try it once it's been open for a few months.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Sounds like a great venture and will be a hit with the fans

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
That's good news because la cage is pure garbage and mise au jeu is not the the type of place to watch games. Not a lot good upscale places to watch sports in this city so it's a great idea.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
What do you think the menu will look like?

The Big Tree trio
Kids meal - Le Desharnais
Hot Dog Subban
Chicken ala Roy
Saku Sake

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Can't wait to go. Sounds like they spared no expense and are making a world class tavern and not a cheesy tourist trap.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Will they be serving real beer or Molson products?

The menu will feature locally-sourced international cuisine, with 40 taps offering international, domestic, and locally crafted beers, an extensive wine list, and an innovative cocktail menu, creating a casual dining experience for fans of every sport.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->