GDT: #19| Nashville Predators @ New York Islanders | November 12th | 7:00pm | F/W 3-1

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
Still, he was being compared to Crosby by some idiots a couple of years ago. All I know is, if the roles were reversed and the Isles were struggling that bad, and JT only had 8 points, he'd be getting crucified.

BTW, change your avatar. Dodgeball might be the worst movie ever made.

:whaaa?:

Btw, I had this avatar last year when they made the playoffs, had to bring it back.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Poulin in net and Nelson on the top line are the right moves.

But if Cappy's message doesn't get through to Bailey and Grabner, it will be tough to win this one.

This is a huge game. I really really really want to see the guys respond with a great game - escpecially Bailey and Grabner, we need them on board. When those 2 are playing well, we are a good team. When they play like crap, we suck.

The season those 2 are having pretty well sums up the season the Isles are having. INCONSISTENT. If Cappy can get them going, we'll start winning again. If he can't, Snow has to go out and find somene who can.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Poulin in net and Nelson on the top line are the right moves.

But if Cappy's message doesn't get through to Bailey and Grabner, it will be tough to win this one.

This is a huge game. I really really really want to see the guys respond with a great game - escpecially Bailey and Grabner, we need them on board. When those 2 are playing well, we are a good team. When they play like crap, we suck.

The season those 2 are having pretty well sums up the season the Isles are having. INCONSISTENT. If Cappy can get them going, we'll start winning again. If he can't, Snow has to go out and find somene who can.

Maybe I'm just a Bailey apologist but I think he's still been playing well, even without scoring. I missed the Montreal game so maybe this wasn't the case, but prior I think he's still been pretty noticeable. Creating a good amount of chances. The problem is more to do with the lack of a pure goal-scorer on that line. Nielsen was burying them at a ridiculous clip to start the year, but he's kind of slowed in that regard.

I don't know if there is anyone who creates more offense on this team other than Tavares, TBH.

DeanCrandall

Jan 29, 2013
Clutterbuck returns tonight, we got this one in the bag, NOT

Preds 9
Isles 1

Figure if we keep guessing 9-1 final scores, with our defence and leagues worst PK unit, if anyone scores 9 it will be against us.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
Maybe I'm just a Bailey apologist but I think he's still been playing well, even without scoring. I missed the Montreal game so maybe this wasn't the case, but prior I think he's still been pretty noticeable. Creating a good amount of chances. The problem is more to do with the lack of a pure goal-scorer on that line. Nielsen was burying them at a ridiculous clip to start the year, but he's kind of slowed in that regard.

I don't know if there is anyone who creates more offense on this team other than Tavares, TBH.

Defensively he has played well, but I haven't seen him create that many chances in the offensive zone. He hasn't had a shot in 4 games, which is pretty terrible. He hasn't gotten a point in 8 games, 1 point in his last 11 games. I actually like Bailey a lot and wish he could be more consistent offensively because he's very important to the team, when he's putting up numbers the Isles play better.

If Nelson looks good on the top line I would make a change when Vanek comes back. Get the 2nd line back together.

Vanek-Tavares-Nelson
Bailey-Nielsen-Okposo
Grabner-Cizikas-Clutterbuck
Martin-Regin-McDonald

Last edited:

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Defensively he has played well, but I haven't seen him create that many chances in the offensive zone. He hasn't had a shot in 4 games, which is pretty terrible. He hasn't gotten a point in 8 games, 1 point in his last 11 games. I actually like Bailey a lot and wish he could be more consistent offensively because he's very important to the team, when he's putting up numbers the Isles play better.

That's actually my biggest gripe. He'll find himself with a scoring opportunity and look to pass the puck, even if there is no one around. I wish he'd just realize that he has a good shot. He seems to play his best hockey when he's in that 'shoot-first' mindset.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Actually we're coming off back to back 5-0 shutouts against the Devils and Jets.

Devils
and
Jets
:help:

Should make for an interesting game.

I hope we can make it three in a row for ya;)

I don't think you will have trouble scoring against us unfortunately

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

If Nelson looks good on the top line I would make a change when Vanek comes back. Get the 2nd line back together.

Vanek-Tavares-Nelson
Bailey-Nielsen-Okposo
Grabner-Cizikas-Clutterbuck
Martin-Regin-McDonald

Nelson is a garbage guy like Moulson in front of the net...Nelson has a high ceiling though and is bigger and stronger....Hes also better defensively

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
Nelson is a garbage guy like Moulson in front of the net...Nelson has a high ceiling though and is bigger and stronger....Hes also better defensively

Nelson knows how to cycle the puck and is good along the boards as well. I really like his puck control, he's a rookie so he will make mistakes though.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004

Bailey has not played badly, he has just not produced offense again. He is counted on to produce offense as a top 6 forward.

Hip Of Rick*

Snow Must Go!
Mar 17, 2007
Philadelphia
Glad to see Poulin in net. Disappointed that Boulton is a healthy scratch after playing 2 solid games. Dead weight like Bailey or Grabner, or Useless weight like Cmac should be scratched instead to send a message and to reward Boulton for his solid play.

ML19

Nov 21, 2011
Long Island
I would love me some:

HEAD COACH: anyone but Capuano

Vanek Tavares Nelson
Bailey Nielson Okposo
Grabs Strome Clutterbuck
Martin Cizikas Mcdonald

Hamonic Viz
Macdonald Hickey
Ness Martinek

these lines have playoff potential

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Grabner and Bailey is a result of bad coaching. Cappy totally broke up team chemistry and now he is blaming the players for poor play. I am sure part of it is on the player's side, but Cappy doesn't know what he's doing.

What's wrong with Cmac? He is about the only guy that plays consistent. You know exactly what you are gonna get from him every game.

tag0519

Jan 28, 2013
I would love me some:

HEAD COACH: anyone but Capuano

Vanek Tavares Nelson
Bailey Nielson Okposo
Grabs Strome Clutterbuck
Martin Cizikas Mcdonald

Hamonic Viz
Macdonald Hickey
Ness Martinek

these lines have playoff potential

I like Ness/Martinek - Ness can learn a lot from him

Barzaltrick

The New York Saints
Jan 18, 2011
I am feeling optimistic right now. The Islanders will only lose by 2 goals tonight.

I'm with you on that one. Since I'm feeling rather generous today...

Preds - 5

Isles - 3

Tavares and Amac with the hat tricks. Unfortunately for Andrew, his hat trick comes against Poulin. Both teams are desperate for a win, but I just don't see us winning until both the coaching situation and the defense is dealt with.

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island
anyone help me out with a stream of game? away in nasty cold Syracuse...need something to depress me even more than snow (I'm not talking about Garth either!)...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad