GDT: #19| Nashville Predators @ New York Islanders | November 12th | 7:00pm | F/W 3-1

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
just get a win and tread water....as down as i am on the team, when we get vanek, vis and strait back, we will be much better

Mustang2750*

Shocking...first career start for Marek Mazanec = first career win.

Bet the house on Nashville. Every team uses their backups or prospect goalies vs us to make them look like Hasek.

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI

Bet the house on Nashville. Every team uses their backups or prospect goalies vs us to make them look like Hasek.

Isles gonna jump on them early. Goal in the first 3 mins...book it.

Uncle Lou

Jun 20, 2010
New York
Let's ****ing go boys, wake up! Liked Nelson on line 1 and I think he could have hat 2-3 goals if he hit the freaking net....hopefully this game gets us going and I agree with the person who said isles just need to weather the storm till vanek, viz and strait come back.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Great! NASH goalie making first career start. This should be fun. NASH got shutout and embarrassed by NJD last game so they should come out swinging

LAPPY13

Apr 12, 2002
Long Island
I just don't get how Islanders can dress Donovan and Ness over Martinek.

Martinek might be a limited NHL D-man but he is still better than Donovan(I cant hit the puck on my slap-shot) and Ness(I am small soft and weak)

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY

Who are we starting? Please please please let it be Poulin..

LAPPY13

Apr 12, 2002
Long Island
Islanders need to score 4 plus goals tonight to have a chance at the win. My gut says Isles will let in at least 3 goals tonight.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
It is poulin, staple tweeted it earlier...thought he looked decent last game, got hung out to dry a few times

while i agree that he didnt look "bad" and that nabby sucks, it is very hypocritical of people on this board that to say the d hung poulin out to dry....if it was nabby in net, i bet we would see comments such as, "nabby cant bail out the defense when he needs to" or "he cant make the big save"....i understand we all want nabbys role lessened, but gosh, lets stop acting like poulin has proven he is anything more than a less than average goaltender

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Does Nashville have any skaters playing in their first game? If so you need to call an Atlantic City book and put money on him scoring.

StumpNYI

Sep 10, 2010
I don't like our chances tonight. Tavares is dou for a multi point game.

5-4 Preds

I find it crazy that he is only 3 points behind Stamkos. He has not been himself. Very slow start this year, yet still among the league leaders. Stretching back to last season, he is long overdue for a big game. We could see him #1 here shortly especially considering what just happen to Stamkos.

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
I just don't get how Islanders can dress Donovan and Ness over Martinek.

Martinek might be a limited NHL D-man but he is still better than Donovan(I cant hit the puck on my slap-shot) and Ness(I am small soft and weak)

AND Carkner. This has been boggling my mind more than any other recent line-up decision.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I don't like our chances tonight. Tavares is dou for a multi point game.

5-4 Preds

He literally just had a multi-point game. Two assists against Montreal. Both primary and both on the PP.

I do agree though that he's due for a beast-mode night. I think Johnny is tired of the losing, and I'm hoping he comes out flying.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
He literally just had a multi-point game. Two assists against Montreal. Both primary and both on the PP.

I do agree though that he's due for a beast-mode night. I think Johnny is tired of the losing, and I'm hoping he comes out flying.

We have yet to see a sustained beast mode Johnny all year, he has to be due for a break out game. It's definitely crazy that he's a top-10 scorer in the NHL yet has been playing at a B+ level all year. Wearing the C and having to adjust to new linemates, he's had to adjust things. When he hits his stride and is firing on all cylinders, he could carry this team for a while. Let's hope it starts this game.

BaileyToOkposo

Feb 2, 2009
Long Island
while i agree that he didnt look "bad" and that nabby sucks, it is very hypocritical of people on this board that to say the d hung poulin out to dry....if it was nabby in net, i bet we would see comments such as, "nabby cant bail out the defense when he needs to" or "he cant make the big save"....i understand we all want nabbys role lessened, but gosh, lets stop acting like poulin has proven he is anything more than a less than average goaltender
Obviously he hasn't had time to prove himself but he has impressed me with the little chances he's gotten. Nabby just looks awful this year

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
We have yet to see a sustained beast mode Johnny all year, he has to be due for a break out game. It's definitely crazy that he's a top-10 scorer in the NHL yet has been playing at a B+ level all year. Wearing the C and having to adjust to new linemates, he's had to adjust things. When he hits his stride and is firing on all cylinders, he could carry this team for a while. Let's hope it starts this game.

I guess that's what separates the good players from the great players. Great players will find ways to put up high-end numbers even when they aren't playing high-end hockey(at least not by their standards). Makes you wonder how the hell Giroux has started this year off so cold. You'd assume he would still at least be hovering around PPG... maybe a little less. 8 points in 16 games seems almost impossible for a guy like that.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
I guess that's what separates the good players from the great players. Great players will find ways to put up high-end numbers even when they aren't playing high-end hockey(at least not by their standards). Makes you wonder how the hell Giroux has started this year off so cold. You'd assume he would still at least be hovering around PPG... maybe a little less. 8 points in 16 games seems almost impossible for a guy like that.

The Flyers only scored 26 goals in 16 games, obviously its not just him who is having a bad start to the year.

The Islanders have scored 51 goals in 18 games.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
The Flyers only scored 26 goals in 16 games, obviously its not just him who is having a bad start to the year.

The Islanders have scored 51 goals in 18 games.

Still, he was being compared to Crosby by some idiots a couple of years ago. All I know is, if the roles were reversed and the Isles were struggling that bad, and JT only had 8 points, he'd be getting crucified.

BTW, change your avatar. Dodgeball might be the worst movie ever made.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad