Post-Game Talk: 19 games left

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The weirdest thing about this game is I thoguht Lucic actually played OK .... lol. Aside from missing the net by like 20 feet (or a "mile" as the announcers called it) that one time. Made some OK passes.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
For you younguns....
This is what we fellas used to watch the Leafs win all them cups on....

Channel 1

images
Even more of them gathered in the living room listening to it on the radio.

Reactions: BlackDogg

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
For you younguns....
This is what we fellas used to watch the Leafs win all them cups on....

Channel 1

images

Are you sure your memory isn't fuzzy and that TVs were even around? I mean it was a LONG time ago. Pretty sure I remember my great grandfather telling me about listening to their last Cup win on the ol' trusty transistor radio. Those were the days, he would say. Back then men wore an onion on their belt -- apparently it was the style at the time. Truly a different era.

Reactions: BlackDogg

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Sure not the solution, and I'm not sure if you are awar of this but Nuge +McD w/o Draisaitl sport negative numbers in EV play. That's really bad. There is no way in hell that should be the case.

McDrai are over a goal per game better per 60mins EV. Nuge +McD are around -.5GA differential per 60mins. That can't happen and its bad results when they play together. I could say a lot more on that, and I won't, and I'll leave the thread now.

Cheers to everybody, we don't need the aggravation of this club.
That’s not all on Nuge. McDavid has been as bad defefensively as anybody on the club for the last month, at least.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
The weirdest thing about this game is I thoguht Lucic actually played OK .... lol. Aside from missing the net by like 20 feet (or a "mile" as the announcers called it) that one time. Made some OK passes.

Lucic has looked "ok" lately because he's on the fourth line playing other fourth liners. LOL.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Lucic has looked "ok" lately because he's on the fourth line playing other fourth liners. LOL.

Don't get me wrong, if Ottawa was willing to take him for a bag of potato chips I'd leave him at the Ottawa airport tomorrow night and run.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Yes, and for 3.5 years he was locked away in his office with the all powerful "trade" button that gave him ultimate power without anyone else contributing an opinion. Took us that long to finally break the door down and get it back from him!

Except the Koskinen deal, we all agreed to that one talking through the door.
And they had been talking about acquiring Gagner for weeks too, while Chiarelli was still here.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I'm pretty sure there's a few OBC shills in here, like that Space dude who was posting in the GDT. Seemed a little sensitive about my post. :popcorn:

Anyways, whomever we end up drafting is not bloody likely to help until at least draft year +2. That means you have to rely on whatever sycophant they dig up from underneath a rock somewhere, to do the proper signings. With some albatross contracts, even with a very competent GM that is one ugly roster to try and fix. I am guessing they will try and fill 3C with McLeod, though he needs to sit in Bakersfield and develop. So you may as well pencil him in now.

As far as wingers... I mean, damn. Chiasson was a bit of a minor revelation until he was hurt, and subsequent to his return he has just not been the same. Are you really going to risk another longer term for him? I dunno. And I fully credit the player, not the despised former GM. He was playing for a contract and his veteran saavy kicked in. Yamamoto, Puljujarvi (who may well not be here before even the draft occurs..).. Currie is not an answer, nor Rattie, nor Malone... why is it they can't find any proper talent evaluators? Drafting and development / followup remain a bloody joke. Agreed that Larsson also has not looked the same. They're desperate enough that I could see them having to stand pat for the most part and not dip into FA (which frankly given the track record could well be a blessing in disguise), and once more rely on kids coming in. We know how that goes.. at least here.

It's an awful recurring groundhog day nightmare.

When you have a bunch of old buddies and friends running a pro franchise worth millions of dollars what you typically get is ineptitude, which I know you're aware of and agree with.

Too many years of picking bad people for important positions (usually old buddies, of course), terrible pro scouting, sub-par amateur scouting, and terrible trades/asset management has completely ruined this team, even with the best forward in the league and another top-25 (maybe even higher) forward in Drai. Unfortunately not much else. Not one great player we stole in a trade. Not one later-round draft pick that turned into a stud. Not one UFA signing that has been an impact player. What an absolute cluster-**** of an organization.

The entire management and head office should be run out of town. If Katz doesn't want to clean house, we should force his hand (peacefully, of course).

space321

May 11, 2011
Nice hit by Brad Malone though. Try to dive that f***ing bitch ass motherf***ers.

Malone was doing what Lucic should've been doing all season.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Don't get me wrong, if Ottawa was willing to take him for a bag of potato chips I'd leave him at the Ottawa airport tomorrow night and run.

Yeah didn't mean to make it sound like you're okay with him. lol. The fourth line actually hasn't been all that bad in general and they've chipped in a couple goals this week.

space321

May 11, 2011
Stirring the pot I guess? Seemed odd to me as well.

See this is why I can't stand Kassian. Like what is the point of it when you shit the bed for hte first 55 minutes of the game and are losing 6-1? It's just f***ing sad.

Stirring the pot would work a lot better if they could back up the trash talk antics with some wins.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I'm surprised there isn't a 30 page thread on the main board calling for a lifetime ban for Malone.
Who was the defenceman that tried to take Chiasson’s head off at the blue line but missed? After watching McDavid get two games for that hit, that defencemen is the one that deserves a lifetime ban.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
I didn't even know the Oilers played the Leafs today until The Score app told me. Didn't care either.

I've checked out so I only come here to shitpost now. Good luck fam

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
What was Nurse’s deal on Toronto’s first goal? They were killing a penalty and Nurse intentionally goes down on his knees in front of the net and gives the puck away for an empty net goal. Nobody around him and no reason to do it. I was shaking my head at that play for half an hour. One of the most inexplicable plays I’ve seen all year.
It's truly amazing how often he's made himself look silly on powerplay goals against. He really gives the impression that he has no idea what to do when pressured in his own end.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
He was one of the better forwards. Which is saying a lot.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I didn't even know the Oilers played the Leafs today until The Score app told me. Didn't care either.

I've checked out so I only come here to ****post now. Good luck fam

I know how you feel. I checked out for 2 months previous to last game. Now I'm mostly just back to witness the last moments of the train wreck. Can't help myself, I suppose.

Though I must admit I only watched the 1st period. I couldn't take the officiating anymore after that; I had seen enough. That aspect alone makes it hard for me to take this league seriously these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: space321

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
I know how you feel. I checked out for 2 months previous to last game. Now I'm mostly just back to witness the last moments of the train wreck. Can't help myself, I suppose.

Though I must admit I only watched the 1st period. I couldn't take the officiating anymore after that; I had seen enough. That aspect alone makes it hard to take this league seriously for me these days.

Ehh I'll have the game on in the background when I work the night shift but I'm not glued to it like I used to be. It's just kinda on while I do other stuff

Reactions: KarmaPolice

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Ehh I'll have the game on in the background when I work the night shift but I'm not glued to it like I used to be. It's just kinda on while I do other stuff

Pretty much the same. Losses just don't affect me the way they used to. Just not nearly as emotionally invested anymore. I'm still frustrated at the overall state of the franchise, but I'm not going to start to care a lot about the regular season until I see some big changes in management and the front office in general. The current bunch have thoroughly convinced me by now how utterly inept they are and inspire zero confidence in their abilities to improve the team in any lasting and meaningful way.

Reactions: space321

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Nurse got 2 points to cover up his complete dumpster fire of a game.

Yeah you know who played a worse game? That goalie named Koskinen who you believe is a #1 goalie :help::help:
2 of those goalies he allowed? He can't even protect or stop shots from bad angles? That's not a starting or a backup goalie

Reactions: Stoneman89

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
RNH with a typical garbage goal in junk time in a 6-1 game in which he was horrible. Cltutch, gutcheck play there and he pots it after everybody stopped playing on what obvious goalie interference. But somehow it counts lol. Guy does nothing all game and gets rewarded.

Anyway I called the Leafs scoring 6 tonight. Sounded about right.

You are unbelievably biased it is sometimes pathetic drivesaitl. Honestly, there is no reason to even call Nuge garbage. You're just seeking attention by calling out the player you hate the most in front of others. It seems like your angry that Nuge scored. Did he kick your dog?

Reactions: TB12 and slaman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->