GDT: #19 | FLYERS (A) vs. Penguins (H) | Tue., Mar. 2 | 7:00 pm ET|NBCSN, SNE, SNO, SNW, ATTSN-PT, NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
If they want to keep Patrick on RW, then probably this:

G-Coots-TK
Farabee-Laughton-Jake
JVR-Hayes-Patrick
Oskar-Bunny-NAK

Oh, I dont like this by the way. Raffl doesn't deserve to be only HS.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If they want to keep Patrick on RW, then probably this:

G-Coots-TK
Farabee-Laughton-Jake
JVR-Hayes-Patrick
Oskar-Bunny-NAK

Oh, I dont like this by the way. Raffl doesn't deserve to be only HS.

Given the schedule, I can see them rotating guys in and out of the lineup the next couple months, depending on the opponent, to keep the team fresh for the playoffs. The COVID guys will probably play two straight weeks to get their legs back, but sitting Raffl, G, JVR and Voracek for a game here and there is probable.

Reactions: BernieParent

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
As I said yesterday, these lines are best possible in my eyes:

Oskar-Coots-TK (Coots is Coots, you can play whoever with him and they will be still good)
G-Patrick-Jake (they played together before and they played very well + everyone who plays with Giroux this year, was good because of Giroux is great and have positive impact on every teammate + Jake has had great chemistry with Giroux always)
JVR-Laughton-Farabee (they played together before as well and they were very, very good)
Raffl-Hayes-NAK (Hayes can be dog hog with them all time + be fair, Hayes doesn't deserve to be in TOP6 after last two games...)

For me: I don't want just break duo JVR-Farabee, the chemistry between them is great.

There is no chance they split up the 1st line right now.

Hayes has 16 points in 18 games. A couple of bad games aren't going to get him moved down, especially in favor of Patrick who isn't doing much of anything at Center.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
So the PP units yesterday were

Giroux, Farabee, JVR, Couturier
Ghost

Hayes, Patrick, Voracek
Provorov, Sanheim

TK, and maybe Gus, will presumably replace someone on PP2.

Reactions: Zod

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
So the PP units yesterday were

Giroux, Farabee, JVR, Couturier
Ghost

Hayes, Patrick, Voracek
Provorov, Sanheim

TK, and maybe Gus, will presumably replace someone on PP2.

AV probably does the following:

TK takes Farabee or Coots.
Patrick gets bumped.

If Gus goes on PP2 Sanheim is dropped.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
We do not need to be catering our lineup for Patrick.

With Couts out, he had the opportunity to step up and produce but didn't do it. With everyone healthy, he is not one of our top 9 players so no need to complicate things.

Giroux Couts TK-Get G away from Hayes and this should fix TK looking "off"
Lindblom Hayes Jake-heavy 2nd line that can cycle and produce
JVR Laughton Farabee-this line was great while Couts was out
Raffl Patrick NAK-great 4th line

To me, this would be the best mix/match to get our best results.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
We do not need to be catering our lineup for Patrick.

With Couts out, he had the opportunity to step up and produce but didn't do it. With everyone healthy, he is not one of our top 9 players so no need to complicate things.

Giroux Couts TK-Get G away from Hayes and this should fix TK looking "off"
Lindblom Hayes Jake-heavy 2nd line that can cycle and produce
JVR Laughton Farabee-this line was great while Couts was out
Raffl Patrick NAK-great 4th line

To me, this would be the best mix/match to get our best results.

Is Lindblom one of the top 9 forwards right now?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
If a player was ever to deserve a demotion as punishment, it's Hayes for being a stupid and/or selfish player.

Scoring is great but having a negative impact on the players around you is the exact opposite of what a good linemate does and it negates quite a bit of the scoring positives. It's all about net impact and when you f*** up over and over and over as consistently and frequently as he does, it means you're not as good as your point totals trick people into thinking you are.

Canfly

Nov 25, 2016
If a player was ever to deserve a demotion as punishment, it's Hayes for being a stupid and/or selfish player.

Scoring is great but having a negative impact on the players around you is the exact opposite of what a good linemate does and it negates quite a bit of the scoring positives. It's all about net impact and when you f*** up over and over and over as consistently and frequently as he does, it means you're not as good as your point totals trick people into thinking you are.
Or even a benching for one game.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Is Lindblom one of the top 9 forwards right now?
ok...maybe I should clarify....neither is Lindblom.

But with him at wing...his natural position...it makes sense since the next option in Raffl if replacing him. Not much of a difference at all right now.

If Patrick stays at RW then we need another C. So then Raffl has to slide over to an un-natural position to accommodate Patrick and Lindblom drops down.

So we put 2 players in their unnatural positions for no reason. Just put Patrick as the #4C for now and take the "production" pressure off of him. And when he starts playing well....or when an injury occurs, he moves up and Bunny comes in.

Seems quite simple.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
TK doesn't belong on the PP over Farabee or Coots.
TK needs to get right and TK on PP2 would not be good as it would put him and Jake on the opposite side from puck hog... not sure that breaks him out. So slide him back on PP1 for a game or two and hope he gets the bump.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Unless you believe Raffl is a better LWer than Oskar, then yes.
1568145463670.jpeg

A solid choice.

But I don't break up the Covid boy line. They looked good.

Reactions: flyersnorth

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013

Using xGF% alone may not paint the full picture, but it doesn't look like Hayes hampering Giroux or making him less effective

5v5

Hayes w/ Giroux xGF%: 57.73%
Hayes w/o Giroux xGF%: 46.63%
Giroux w/o Hayes xGF%: 46.50%

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

So we should move Voracek to the 4th line for taking stupid penalties. :sarcasm:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
As much as his play warrants it, Kevin "Face of the Franchise" Hayes is not going to be HSed. With that accepted, I don't think it would be a very bad idea to rest Patrick for a game, not so much punitive as giving him a breather to recalibrate and self-care. We don't know whether his migraines are completely gone or just manageable so caution may be a good idea. Even if he is migraine-free, just letting him watch a game could be wise.

Reactions: Striiker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad