Player Discussion #19 David Jones

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
So when you browse HF on mobile view you can't see the authors of threads until you go back on the PC. I just knew who made this thread though, lol.

We should hold onto him until the trade deadline. If he continues this pace he should be around 20 goals by then, I think most teams would give a decent return for him.

That is, of course, unless the Flames have worked their way back into the playoff race. In that case, Jones is actually a guy I would want to keep. A, because he can score, but also B, because we still have pretty dreadful depth on RW and he's a pretty good option, and a known quantity.

Agree with this post completely, if Calgary is in contention you keep a player like David Jones who could be a great asset for a playoff run. I think 19 is one of the more consistent players on this team and someone that brings size, mobility and good hockey IQ to the line-up. There's no reason to trade that away if they're in a playoff spot.

If they're completely out of it however, I wouldn't mind seeing what management could potentially get for him. Between Jones and Hudler the Flames might be able to grab a few picks/prospects at the deadline if things don't go the way they want to between now and February.

Lots of hockey left to play, until they're mathematically eliminated I'm cheering for this team to win every single game and keep as much of the talent inside the organization as possible.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Agree with this post completely, if Calgary is in contention you keep a player like David Jones who could be a great asset for a playoff run. I think 19 is one of the more consistent players on this team and someone that brings size, mobility and good hockey IQ to the line-up. There's no reason to trade that away if they're in a playoff spot.

If they're completely out of it however, I wouldn't mind seeing what management could potentially get for him. Between Jones and Hudler the Flames might be able to grab a few picks/prospects at the deadline if things don't go the way they want to between now and February.

Lots of hockey left to play, until they're mathematically eliminated I'm cheering for this team to win every single game and keep as much of the talent inside the organization as possible.

You have to pick 1 of Jones, Hudler and Russell. Not sure who I'd pick.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
You have to pick 1 of Jones, Hudler and Russell. Not sure who I'd pick.

None, unless they take a major discount. The way they're playing this year, they're all replaceable; it is these types of contracts you really have to just avoid moving forward.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
None, unless they take a major discount. The way they're playing this year, they're all replaceable; it is these types of contracts you really have to just avoid moving forward.

Agreed. Doesn't make sense to re-sign any of these guys.

And like Glencross last year, I expect at least two of them to be moved regardless of where the Flames sit in the standings.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hudler is going to be one of the top free agents on the market, he's not that easily replaceable.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
My phone just told me Davy Jones is good to go for tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad