OT 19/3: Live Sports. ESPN+ Originals. The Exclusive Home of the Complete 30 for 30 Library. Exclusive Articles and Tools. Top Leagues and Tournaments.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Democracy 4 basically implemented my old idea I posted on here way back about making cars a key health issue for Cities: Skylines.

Democracy 3 was a bit shallow mechanically, so to see it represented in the sequel is pretty cool.

It's a long video, but he gets to it right away.

Basically the gameplay over cars is that overbuilding roads contributes to things like obesity, traffic congestion, pollution, etc. all the problems. However, you still need cars or everything falls apart. Scaling that is the interesting part.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
WarnerMedia cutting costs by 20%.

How you gonna lay anyone off at TNT when all they do already is show NCIS re-runs?

Kevin Reilly back on the unemployment line though. Check that guy's resume. Maybe he's jumping on every buyout, but he green lights some good projects when he's in charge. Former President of NBC, Fox, and TBS & TNT.

Netflix better hope that Amazon doesn't get him. Original programming is what's holding Prime Video back, and they don't need to worry about Nielsen ratings. They get direct viewer analytics.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I was thinking about this a little again when I was trying to crack how to make an EA Sports competitor.

So many brands have been absorbed into Bauer or CCM (Koho was CCM but sold to Hockey Monkey who made some equipment with the name for a bit IIRC), that using those same tech-savvy, hockey loving, European nations that can develop AAA-quality video games to develop equipment could give a similar advantage.

What we need is quality equipment for kids that doesn't break the bank. Plopping Koho in Czechia in that regard makes a lot of sense (19th in Europe for PPP). Koho was founded in Finland, but Jagr was always the face of it.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Welcome to the 4th Presidential Debate. We're just moments away from the candidates walking on stage, where they will also reveal their Halloween costumes.

This is hopefully the first in a new tradition of the candidates letting some steam off right before a divided election, and our election experts say that Halloween is basically Christmas for neo-boomers, which is a demographic both candidates are desperately trying to make for a last minute appeal to simply turn out at the polls.

As for what the candidates are expected to be wearing, we go to our panel of experts.

"My connections with the Biden camp suggest that they have multiple costumes on standby, but the one they are most prepared to go with is one of the entire solar system, to stress the former Vice President's belief in science."

"He hasn't made space exploration a priority during his campaign though."

"He's prepared to mention it briefly as a long-term goal tonight, obviously there are bigger fish to fry right now."

"Wouldn't the solar system remind people of a diagram of the Coronavirus?"

"This right here is why science education is important."

"I think Biden should dress as a nacho chip. Then he could make a few puns to the President about how this is 'nacho' election."

"That should also play well with the emerging Hispanic voting bloc. In my prep with the President's team, I did suggest that since Wisconsin is a critical battleground state this year, that he should dress as a Green Bay Packer."

"Wouldn't cheese play better, since there are many constituencies that aren't Packers fans? How would that play to Bears or Vikings fans?"

"We did anticipate that Joe Biden may dress as a food item as well, and we didn't want to give the impression that it was a couples costume. We really wanted to highlight the differences between the candidates."

"Cheese does pair well with everything."

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Mods remove if inappropriate but I felt like I should try to get this thought out anyway

Guys... get the hell out there and vote. Mail it in. Go vote early. Go vote on election day. Vote for Trump, vote for Biden, vote for Jorgensen/3rd party, vote for Spiderman for all I care. It doesn't matter. The candidates and big media machines always find some way to spin whatever election as the most important of our lives. Yeah okay.... whatevs bruh. They were SO important I didn't vote in 2012 or 2016 because I couldn't get behind the idea for voting for any of them. So I stuck to my local elections in the meantime thank you very much. But this time? With COVID? A looming recession? What's sure to be an unstable housing fallout?

Yeah this is pretty bigly. Make your voice heard however you need to and for whomever you want. And for the LOVE OF GOD please be safe out there when you do it.

/rant

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Tomorrow, the 24th, is the last day to request a mail ballot in Florida.

In order for the ballot to be counted, it needs to be in *before* 7 pm on the day of the election. There are some states that just need it to be in the mail at that point. That's not Florida. You can hand deliver it to the drop box at (what should be) every early voting station, or the county supervisor of elections office.

Votes are already being counted (and have been since the 12th), so we could have basically gg on election night itself. If you want Biden, the models show basically no path for Trump if Florida turns blue. If you want Trump, Florida is a must win.

Explore The Ways Trump Or Biden Could Win The Election

Give Florida to Biden or Trump to see how the odds change.

but vote the entire dang ballot.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Tomorrow, the 24th, is the last day to request a mail ballot in Florida.

In order for the ballot to be counted, it needs to be in *before* 7 pm on the day of the election. There are some states that just need it to be in the mail at that point. That's not Florida. You can hand deliver it to the drop box at (what should be) every early voting station, or the county supervisor of elections office.

Votes are already being counted (and have been since the 12th), so we could have basically gg on election night itself. If you want Biden, the models show basically no path for Trump if Florida turns blue. If you want Trump, Florida is a must win.

Explore The Ways Trump Or Biden Could Win The Election

Give Florida to Biden or Trump to see how the odds change.

but vote the entire dang ballot.

I was just goofing with that app not 5 minutes ago too. I was more than a little shy talking about how important Florida is to this election because I was concerned about how much we'd really be delving into politics. But it looks like you found the best way to do it.

See for yourselves how much your vote matters

Reactions: Felonious Python

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Voters aged 50+ make up 72% of Florida voters so far. FL is the second oldest state, but we're not that old. (Maine is the oldest)

The youngs: votINg DoesN'T dO aNYtHiNg

Then why do old people dominate? Why are wealthy donors constantly pumping money into campaigns?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Voters aged 50+ make up 72% of Florida voters so far. FL is the second oldest state, but we're not that old. (Maine is the oldest)

The youngs: votINg DoesN'T dO aNYtHiNg

Then why do old people dominate? Why are wealthy donors constantly pumping money into campaigns?

Young people don't vote or think it matters because ***AHEM!!!!!*** the 70 year old and up demographic dominates our politics and refuse to concede their positions or self interest. Few decisions if any are made with the younger generations in mind except for how we will pay for healthcare and retirement -but not our own. No immediate plans for our future are in the works at all except to keep on doing what we are doing. damn the consequences of the evaporation of the middle class and wealth disparity

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Young people don't vote or think it matters because ***AHEM!!!!!*** the 70 year old and up demographic dominates our politics and refuse to concede their positions or self interest. Few decisions if any are made with the younger generations in mind except for how we will pay for healthcare and retirement -but not our own. No immediate plans for our future are in the works at all except to keep on doing what we are doing. damn the consequences of the evaporation of the middle class and wealth disparity
Millennials and Zoomers couldn't close out a 7-game series.

MovE aSiDE OlDs, You wOn'T Even Be ARounD To seE the thE rEsults of Your POlICIeS

Make them move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->