OT 19/3: Live Sports. ESPN+ Originals. The Exclusive Home of the Complete 30 for 30 Library. Exclusive Articles and Tools. Top Leagues and Tournaments.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
CK3 is good.
I find it a relief that Paradox seems to corrected course after the tepid response to Imperator: Rome and the excess DLC and expansions that ended up in EU4 and CK2. It'd be real easy for them to strip back the features added through expansions over the years to 'focus on the core experience' of a sequel, just to resell those additions down the road. It seems like they kept the killer and lost the filler.

Just saw this though:

eesh. Seems like a good buy by Microsoft, but I guess that takes ZeniMax out of the NHL: Pucks in Deep publisher race. There's like 5 companies that own everything.

The franchises in the thumbnail also become Xbox console exclusives. I picked the right time to pick up PC gaming I guess. They get ports from both systems.

Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and Doom to Microsoft are huge wins for them.

Now, since Microsoft has some money, maybe they can ease off Bethesda and let them get back to how they were operating before ZeniMax was trying to make itself look better for investors.

Last edited:
Reactions: Major4Boarding

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Among Us is a lot of fun.
I love that it was released like two years ago and just found its audience.

Games for the meat space like Among Us are Werewolf, Mafia, and Secret...umm...Dictator... (pick the worst one)

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
How do you figure out how tall you are when you live alone?

edit: here's the play in politics to watch for. RBG's actual burial won't be until next week. Trump says he's announcing his Supreme Court pick on Saturday.

You can guess how this is going to play out.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
There are rumors now of Microsoft buying out Sega (and Atlus). That would presumably make the Xbox a competitor in Japan finally. Eastside Hockey Manager and the Total War series would also be going to Microsoft.

You know who actually needs a buyout? Konami.

Ideally the IPs would go to Capcom, but Konami doesn't want to make games anymore, instead focusing on using their brands to promote Pachinko (which is probably struggling with a pandemic going on).

When was the last big Konami video game? MGSV. 2015. Then the embarrassment of MGS:Survive in 2018. Sony was rumored to have been interested in buying at least Metal Gear, with possibly Silent Hill and Zone of the Enders to give to Hideo Kojima, since they're in tight with each other, but it hasn't happened yet.

Otherwise, they have Pro Evolution Soccer, Castlevania, Contra, Frogger, Gradius, DDR (probably also struggling), and from the old Hudson library, Bomberman.

Getting Castlevania and bringing Igarashi on board, or Metal Gear and bringing Kojima on board would make many, many fans worldwide very happy.

I saw a headline today that Konami was maybe probably going to do a MGS1 remake, and remaster 2-4. Given the timing, I'd think that's to make themselves more expensive.

All the names for their consoles are going to be a disaster for Microsoft though. Kid says he wants new system. PC 2 doesn't have release date yet, so grandma goes to the store and is presented with options for the Xbox One, Xbox One X, Xbox One S, Xbox Series X, and Xbox Series S. [these are all real]

Grandma's going to buy a PS5.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Do High Schoolers get taught to watch out for the '19-year-old entrepreneur/motivational speaker/financial guru who turned $10 into $600,000,000 in 4 months using only one simple trick Jerome Powell doesn't want you to know' that are all over social media now?

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Epic Game Store put up Rocket League as free-to-play (100% get that. Especially if you have a controller), and Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 as the weekly giveaway.

edit:
Prediction. If Microsoft is gobbling up every game company they can, they'll get Sega before they get Konami.

Konami is primarily interested in pachinko machines now, and Sega has like 30 of the top 40 grossing pachinko licenses according to Wikipedia.

What they could do is flip the pachinko licenses to Konami, as I don't think Microsoft would be overly interested in getting involved with the actual business.

The deal goes down like this.
Microsoft gets: Konami IPs
Konami gets: exclusive pachinko licenses for all Microsoft owned assets (old Konami, Sega, Word & everything else)

Microsoft's western IP's, Halo, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, etc. don't have much traction in Japan, but they'd get those too.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Someone should tell the neo-boomers to vote because Halloween is getting canceled this year as a result of the COVID-19 response.

Millennials love Halloween. It's like telling a regular boomer they can't have Christmas.

Last edited:

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
So I have just noticed that the CCM Lightning "Storm" jersey I have may be valuable. Can anyone direct me to information on how to figure out what I have and what it's worth?

Dunno if OT is the right place for this, sorry.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
So I have just noticed that the CCM Lightning "Storm" jersey I have may be valuable. Can anyone direct me to information on how to figure out what I have and what it's worth?

Dunno if OT is the right place for this, sorry.
Looking at the 'sold' listings on eBay will probably do the trick. (left column - show only - sold)
lightning storm jersey | eBay

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
yeah i checked there first which clued me in it might be worth something, but i haven't seen my exact version.
also checked hockey jerseys, I guess I will have to proactively post. thanks!

Phu! What are you doing here in these parts?! Are you like me, fondling over the posts about how much these Tampa fans love former Sharks Yanni Gourde and Barclay Goodrow! Both undrafted but we believed in them to give them a chance and now they've helped Tampa win it all! Very proud, just proud man.

Reactions: Phu and Hoek

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->