Speculation: 19/20 roster

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I too think kroner is back . Just dint seem him walking away bring so close to 1000 games

ericsson and daley will be on the roster opening night as well

Defence
Dekeyser-green
Daley-hronek
Ericsson-kronwall
Bowey

Forwards
Bert-larkin-mantha
Helm-AA-zadina
Hirose-nielsen-abby
Svechnikov-glenny-DLR
Ehn

I think this is very realistic

I don’t think Bowey can be the 7th defenseman at this point. He is one of the two guys I’m actually comfortable with right now

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I too think kroner is back . Just dint seem him walking away bring so close to 1000 games

Defence
Dekeyser-green
Daley-hronek
Ericsson-kronwall
Bowey

Forwards
Bert-larkin-mantha
Helm-AA-zadina
Hirose-nielsen-abby
Svechnikov-glenny-DLR
Ehn

It's not what we want, but it's probably what we're going to get, except Hirose will probably start the season with AA instead of Zadina. There's obvious chemistry, and the new kid always gets stuck with Nielsen first.

Sitting highly paid vets make Holland look bad, so Blash will probably be forced to play Big E and Abby, both of which should be sitting in the press box or GR. Ideally he rotates 2 of Kronwall, Big E, and Daley, so Bowey gets playing time and the team doesn't have 3 slow vets playing at the same time.

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink

Defence
Dekeyser-green
Daley-hronek
Ericsson-kronwall
Bowey

Forwards
Bert-larkin-mantha
Helm-AA-zadina
Hirose-nielsen-abby
Svechnikov-glenny-DLR
Ehn

pretty realistic i would say.

knitpicking things like hirose would probably skate with the second line and bowey would probably play on the 3rd pairing with kronwall. either way going to be another long year of losing and then rattling of 8 in a row the last few weeks of the season to destroy our draft position

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
Apparently Adam Fox from Harvard is being shopped around by Carolina because he is unwilling to sign with them. He is NHL ready and RHD with high offensive skill.. you think we should make a run at him to be part of our futures nucleus? We do have a ton of picks.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Apparently Adam Fox from Harvard is being shopped around by Carolina because he is unwilling to sign with them. He is NHL ready and RHD with high offensive skill.. you think we should make a run at him to be part of our futures nucleus? We do have a ton of picks.

Well he is doing so to sign with the Rangers if you believe most of what is circulating on him. So Carolina is probably stuck with him and I seriously doubt we are a good enough reason to pass up on a Harvard degree and signing with his hometown team... We can try, but I don't think Fox is really available to anybody but the New York Rangers.

I am a huge Adam Fox fan. He is a fantastic hockey player, though his skating might be an issue at the highest level he is one of the smartest offensive D-man I have watched. I mean we can call, I just have serious doubts.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

No. Not unless he comes cheaply. If he's doing that in Carolina... we're not in much better a position than them. What would make him willing to sign with us?

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
No. Not unless he comes cheaply. If he's doing that in Carolina... we're not in much better a position than them. What would make him willing to sign with us?
well the fact one of the top college free agents in Hirose chose us over teams like Toronto shows me he liked the direction or selling points such as playing in a new arena with the biggest dressing room in the league must work.. never know

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
I would try with Fox hopefully can get a deal done that allows us to negotiate before it goes through. If he’s willing to sign im happy to give up a 2nd or 3rd for him

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
well the fact one of the top college free agents in Hirose chose us over teams like Toronto shows me he liked the direction or selling points such as playing in a new arena with the biggest dressing room in the league must work.. never know

I guess as a broader thing... I kind of want to not be chasing after the college FAs like this... particularly if we are giving assets to sign them. For many of them, being a middle of the roster guy is a huge success. And we have a lot of middle of the roster guys.

And Hirose was from Michigan State and was offered Detroit PT right away. That's a plus in that case, but Adam Fox won't likely have the same desire to sign to stay closer to home.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI

If Carolina is willing to take picks, this is the perfect opportunity to quick start the retool.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
1st bolded: Way to be an optimist. No pick is good unless it's top 5? Okay. Sounds like a fun mindset to have.
2nd bolded: Nobody will want them yet Holland needs an excuse too keep them?
I’m keeping it real , nobody we pick 5-8 will be nearly as good as 1-3

Holland needs an excuse to keep them? Wtf you talking about , those guys are already under contract you think he’s gonna buy out everyone, who the f***s gonna want ericsson at 4 mill at this point?daleys always hurt

try and look shit from the other side, we’re stuck with these losers for another year

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
If Carolina is willing to take picks, this is the perfect opportunity to quick start the retool.
Apparently he wants to go to rangers , I’d give up the 3rd round pick which is basically a 2nd and that’s it , don’t even think we have a shot at him anyways as cool as it would be to get him

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I’m keeping it real , nobody we pick 5-8 will be nearly as good as 1-3

Holland needs an excuse to keep them? Wtf you talking about , those guys are already under contract you think he’s gonna buy out everyone, who the ****s gonna want ericsson at 4 mill at this point?daleys always hurt

try and look **** from the other side, we’re stuck with these losers for another year
and maybe it not so awful like you think it is . We got first line and AA. We got deep team : Helm, Gleny, Ehn +. Lets kids stay in GR Zadina , Veleno , let them develop nicely , no rush . Hronek is going to be great , still developing .

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
and maybe it not so awful like you think it is . We got first line and AA. We got deep team : Helm, Gleny, Ehn +. Lets kids stay in GR Zadina , Veleno , let them develop nicely , no rush . Hronek is going to be great , still developing .
110% veleno is not coming up , zadina might depending how he ends the season and how his pre season goes

And sorry to say we are as bad as I think , this win streak is nothing but a mirage , we will still have a bunch of overpaid under performing guys in the lineup next year in helm,,abdelkader,Daley,ericsson,kronwall as well as guys like ehn,delarose,glendening

We have a lot of mediocre talent right now , we have 6-7 4th line guys in the 3rd and 4th lines and 3 35+ plus men and green who’s not far behind

Lots of pain coming

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

Defence
Dekeyser-green
Daley-hronek
Ericsson-kronwall
Bowey

Forwards
Bert-larkin-mantha
Helm-AA-zadina
Hirose-nielsen-abby
Svechnikov-glenny-DLR
Ehn

I'd be shocked if the D looks like that in game 1 next year.

Hronek has established himself, but you can't forget Cholo just because he hit something of a wall. He was our best D in preseason last year and for 20-30 a massive, massive bright spot. If he puts in work again this offseason and comes back stronger, he'll be on the roster.
I would not be all that surprised to see Daley or Ericsson traded, at least if they decide on bringing back Kronwall (not at all certain).

Up front I still expect Rasmussen to stay in the NHL unless he simply has a very poor training camp. I don't see De La Rose or Ehn as locks to be on the roster and definitely not locks for the lineups.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

Hronek has established himself, but you can't forget Cholo just because he hit something of a wall. He was our best D in preseason last year and for 20-30 a massive, massive bright spot. If he puts in work again this offseason and comes back stronger, he'll be on the roster.
I would not be all that surprised to see Daley or Ericsson traded, at least if they decide on bringing back Kronwall (not at all certain).

Up front I still expect Rasmussen to stay in the NHL unless he simply has a very poor training camp. I don't see De La Rose or Ehn as locks to be on the roster and definitely not locks for the lineups.

Man nobody is gonna want Dakey or Ericsson. Maybe at the deadline for playoff depth when their salaries are paid and cap space is prevalent we can add a 3rd rd pick. But in August, no chance.

I am not trying to be arguementative but just realistic.

They will be back and in the lineup untill just like this year guys start to get hurt, then you will see Cholo up here.

Reactions: Hockeyfannnn91

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019

Cholowski is 20 that will be the excuse let him start there and continue to learn , who the hell is gonna take ericsson and Daley?daleys always hurt

Rasmussen and been playing on the 4th line 5 minutes a night there’s zero chance they won’t send him down and say we want him to play a ton of minutes and play in every situations and improve so when we call him up he’s a big player for us

Ehn And delarose are 12-14 guys , I can see at least one being back

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Man nobody is gonna want Dakey or Ericsson. Maybe at the deadline for playoff depth when their salaries are paid and cap space is prevalent we can add a 3rd rd pick. But in August, no chance.

They will be back and in the lineup untill just like this year guys start to get hurt, then you will see Cholo up here.
Everyone thinks everyone else will want our garbage , two 35 yr olds with injuries problems and overpaid

obey86

Jun 9, 2009

I think the Wings buyout Daley if they can't find any takers for a trade. They have way more than enough cap space over the next two offseasons to easily absorb a 1.7M cap hit next year and a 0.7M cap hit the following year for a player not on the roster. Honestly, even buying out Ericsson would look doable -- 1.4M cap hits the next two years, not as bad as I thought it would be.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

The problem is that Ericsson has a 19 team no-trade list, and Daley a 15 team no-trade list. So that limits options unless they waive, but to say they can't be traded is pretty unrealistic. Even without retention, 3 and 4 million respectively is not a lot of money in today's NHL. Veteran depth on D is always interesting for plenty of teams.

Cholowski is 20 that will be the excuse let him start there and continue to learn , who the hell is gonna take ericsson and Daley?daleys always hurt

Rasmussen and been playing on the 4th line 5 minutes a night there’s zero chance they won’t send him down and say we want him to play a ton of minutes and play in every situations and improve so when we call him up he’s a big player for us

Ehn And delarose are 12-14 guys , I can see at least one being back
Cholo is 21 and was way too good in last year's preseason to keep down. He did hit a wall but he will get every chance to make the roster again.
Ras could go down but probably only if he has a really weak camp.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
The problem is that Ericsson has a 19 team no-trade list, and Daley a 15 team no-trade list. So that limits options unless they waive, but to say they can't be traded is pretty unrealistic. Even without retention, 3 and 4 million respectively is not a lot of money in today's NHL. Veteran depth on D is always interesting for plenty of teams.

Cholo is 21 and was way too good in last year's preseason to keep down. He did hit a wall but he will get every chance to make the roster again.
Last years preseason isn’t today , today he’s in Grand Rapids this has been the way wings been doing things forever , sure we’re speeding up guys but even AA took forever to get here so it wouldn’t be a total shock to see cholowski start down

Ras has barely played all season unless he’s guaranteed a ton of minutes he’s going down and playing a ton and I’d bet my money on that happening

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

I'd like to see that Rasmussen-Veleno-Zadina together for 1 year in AHL. They could dominate there first and then be brought up for 2020-21 season. Of course 1 of them could be up, when there's NHL injuries.

I still think that Holland will sign Nyquist back and then we have:

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Nyquist - Nielsen - (one of Helm/Glendening/Abdelkader)
Hirose - Athanasiou - Svechnikov
Helm/Glendening/Abdelkader - Ehn/DelaRose
14. Witkowski

DeKeyser - Green
Cholowski - Hronek
BigE/Daley - Bowey

Jimmy/Bernier

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

I think Daley and Ericsson are movable that people expect, especially if the Wings are motivated to move them out of that roster space. Push comes to shove the Wings could eat some salary and move them to contending teams that want some vet depth on their blueline without breaking the bank to get it.

By the same token, if the Wings need roster space, it wouldn't be hard to justify putting a couple of kids in GR for a few months, either.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I think Daley and Ericsson are movable that people expect, especially if the Wings are motivated to move them out of that roster space. Push comes to shove the Wings could eat some salary and move them to contending teams that want some vet depth on their blueline without breaking the bank to get it.

By the same token, if the Wings need roster space, it wouldn't be hard to justify putting a couple of kids in GR for a few months, either.

ItS not hollands mantra to start the season with young inexperienced rookies all starting over established signed veterans, especially those drafted or developed here in Detroit.

I do believe Cholo will play more games next year then he did this, but its gonna take some injuries before those games start.

Daley and Ericsson have little value beyond mid rd picks for playoff depth with little to no salary remaining. They simply arent that good anymore and gave injuries injuries to boot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad