Kakko athanasiou hirose

Svechnikov nielsen zadina

Abdelkader helm glendening

Ehn

Green daley

dekeyser ericsson

Hronek kronwall

Insert cheap d option

Hate the d and hope I’m dead wrong but I have an awful gut feeling kronwall will come back and they’ll use a stupid excuse like we had a lot of injuries this season and our 6 d barely played together

We get Kakko I really think mantha becomes expendable and could be dealt for a top d prospect, we have zadina as well that can score and guys like veleno coming and if svechnikov hopefully wakes up and scores like we hope he can , we’ll have to likely trade someone

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
We get kakko .....

Bertuzzi Larkin mantha

Kakko athanasiou hirose

Svechnikov nielsen zadina

Abdelkader helm glendening

Ehn

Green daley

dekeyser ericsson

Hronek kronwall

Insert cheap d option

Hate the d and hope I’m dead wrong but I have an awful gut feeling kronwall will come back and they’ll use a stupid excuse like we had a lot of injuries this season and our 6 d barely played together

We get Kakko I really think mantha becomes expendable and could be dealt for a top d prospect, we have zadina as well that can score and guys like veleno coming and if svechnikov hopefully wakes up and scores like we hope he can , we’ll have to likely trade someone
Something has to happen imo. The forwards in the next couple years in no particular order...

Bert-Larkin-Mantha
2019 Draft pick-AA-Zadina
Ras-Neilsen-Hirose-Svech
Abby-Glenny-Helm-Ehn-JDLR-Kuffner

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Something has to happen imo. The forwards in the next couple years in no particular order...

Bert-Larkin-Mantha
2019 Draft pick-AA-Zadina
Ras-Neilsen-Hirose-Svech
Abby-Glenny-Helm-Ehn-JDLR-Kuffner

You forgot veleno and possibly berggren, other guys like Pearson and who knows who else emerges that might compete for a spot

Agreed , especially if we land a kakko someone will get moved in the next few months to 1-2 yrs , possibly for a d help which should be our number 1 target

Of the players you mentioned I have no doubt in my mind Rasmussen and kuffner will be in Grand Rapids to start the year and delarose will probably be traded or waived , in a perfect world nielsen,helm,glendening would be dealt and as much as we want abdelkader Holland made it impossible and I’d consider buying him out after this next season coming or the one after, or just eat half of his salary and see if someone bites

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
We have $17-20M in cap space with 23+ players for the roster, the organization has never had an issue with spending actual money, management says they'd like to expedite the rebuild process, we've got numerous assets to offer, we've got the ability to take on cap dumps or the ability to retain salary in order to grease the wheels of a trade, there are numerous talents both on the UFA market and rumored to be on the trade block...yet the majority of folks think we're just going to keep spinning our wheels?

I've been saying this all year but I really don't think people realize how quickly gaps close or how fast a rebuild can happen with a big move or two. There is zero reason to prepare to play it safe with so many options currently at our disposal nor do I think management intends to do so if they can help it.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Athanasiou-Larkin-Bertuzzi
Mantha-Nielsen-Hughes/Kakko/UFA
Zadina-Glendening-Hirose
Abdelkader-Rasmussen-Helm
Svechnikov, DeLa Rose

DeKeyser-Green
UFA/Kronwall-Hronek
Ericsson-Daley
Bowey

Howard
Bernier

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Zadina-Glendening-Hirose
Svechnikov, DeLa Rose

DeKeyser-Green
UFA/Kronwall-Hronek
Ericsson-Daley
Bowey

Howard
Bernier

GRG would look like this.
Puempel-Megan-Terry/Camper
Kuffner-Veleno-Ehn
Pope-Turgeon-Loggins
Elson-Pearson-Ford
Smith

Cholowski-McIlrath/Witkowski
Lashoff-Saarijärvi
Hicketts-Lindström

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

Poor Columbus. Don't think a "go all in" game plan has ever failed at a level this monumental. Letting 3 high skill players get to UFA, all of which probably have no interest in staying, and returning absolutely nothing has to be a fire-worthy offense from a GM. They went from looking like a rather exciting blossoming team with talent to a potential lottery contender next year if they don't replace the talent they are losing.

For the Wings, there's actually not a single player that I am hellbent on signing from that list. I understand the need for a defenseman and how good Karlsson is, but the cost of acquisition (figure he will be the highest paid defenseman in hockey around $10m(?)) of a player who will sign for 7 years, isn't something I'm super motivated by. I could live with it, but personally it's not my cup of tea to be locking up players to big contracts moving into their 30s. Not after what we are currently going through.

The discussion changes depending on the draft and any other moves that Kenny and Co. decide to make.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Poor Columbus. Don't think a "go all in" game plan has ever failed at a level this monumental. Letting 3 high skill players get to UFA, all of which probably have no interest in staying, and returning absolutely nothing has to be a fire-worthy offense from a GM. They went from looking like a rather exciting blossoming team with talent to a potential lottery contender next year if they don't replace the talent they are losing.

IMO, whatever path Columbus chose at that deadline was going to be throwing a boomerang made of razor blades in a dark room.

Ranging from safe/low reward to risky with a potential high reward:

-Had he stood pat, he would've taken heat if Bob and Panarin left and they got nothing
-If they dealt Panarin and Bobrovsky, JK would've likely taken heat if the team fell out of the PO's or had an early exit
-And, as he did, if he went all in, he'd take heat for giving up assets and any potential less than great result

He took the one with the highest potential reward and will obviously deal with the risk.

As for them getting nothing. I'm assuming there will be a market to obtain the signing rights to Panarin and Bobrovsky before the hit the open market. That said, it won't return anything close to what they dished out for Duchene...

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
IMO, whatever path Columbus chose at that deadline was going to be throwing a boomerang made of razor blades in a dark room.

Ranging from safe/low reward to risky with a potential high reward:

-Had he stood pat, he would've taken heat if Bob and Panarin left and they got nothing
-If they dealt Panarin and Bobrovsky, JK would've likely taken heat if the team fell out of the PO's or had an early exit
-And, as he did, if he went all in, he'd take heat for giving up assets and any potential less than great result

He took the one with the highest potential reward and will obviously deal with the risk.

As for them getting nothing. I'm assuming there will be a market to obtain the signing rights to Panarin and Bobrovsky before the hit the open market. That said, it won't return anything close to what they dished out for Duchene...

That is true, but it's like getting a moped to replace a Mercedes. Minor assets, like a struggling prospect or lesser draft capital, will be a tough sell for the fans. Maybe they can convince Duchene to stay and pray that something works out.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

For the Wings, there's actually not a single player that I am hellbent on signing from that list. I understand the need for a defenseman and how good Karlsson is, but the cost of acquisition (figure he will be the highest paid defenseman in hockey around $10m(?)) of a player who will sign for 7 years, isn't something I'm super motivated by. I could live with it, but personally it's not my cup of tea to be locking up players to big contracts moving into their 30s. Not after what we are currently going through.

The discussion changes depending on the draft and any other moves that Kenny and Co. decide to make.

I mean, that's the downside of making risky moves. They are pretty much always more likely to blow up in your face than succeed. With a little bit more luck, they'd be playing well and Jarmo would be looked at like a smart dude.

Risky moves are fun, but they generally do tend to fail. And I guess Columbus thought now was the time to hit the iron. So instead of their window slowly closing, JK just slammed it shut with authority.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
That is true, but it's like getting a moped to replace a Mercedes. Minor assets, like a struggling prospect or lesser draft capital, will be a tough sell for the fans. Maybe they can convince Duchene to stay and pray that something works out.

I mean, even getting HUGE young assets would be a tough sell for the fans when you're dealing Panarin and Bob.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I mean, that's the downside of making risky moves. They are pretty much always more likely to blow up in your face than succeed. With a little bit more luck, they'd be playing well and Jarmo would be looked at like a smart dude.

Risky moves are fun, but they generally do tend to fail. And I guess Columbus thought now was the time to hit the iron. So instead of their window slowly closing, JK just slammed it shut with authority.

One thing that remains to be seen is how much they could have returned for Panarin or Bob on the trade market. If he left quality on the table, I think it's a lot harder to swallow. But if he wasn't getting market value, then I can't really fault him.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Zadina-Glendening-Hirose
Svechnikov, DeLa Rose

DeKeyser-Green
UFA/Kronwall-Hronek
Ericsson-Daley
Bowey

Howard
Bernier
Guessing you didn't watch the game last night. DDK and Bowey got the most ice time. Bowey is the new Jensen, lol.

AA got the most ice time for forwards and the way he's playing lately, he can carry a line. I would not pair him with Larkin.

I also think DLR is done, hockey ain't worth dying for.

Puempel/Kuffner/Ehn are more NHL ready than Zadina, give him at least another year in the AHL.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
One thing that remains to be seen is how much they could have returned for Panarin or Bob on the trade market. If he left quality on the table, I think it's a lot harder to swallow. But if he wasn't getting market value, then I can't really fault him.

I'm guessing the offers on the table weren't great and that's what pushed Columbus in the direction they took. Goalies almost never bring a great return, and Duchene's cost wasn't particularly high unless they re-sign him. So, I'm sorta doubting the offers for Panarin were huge unless he would sign there, which I doubt would happen. Columbus still has a lot of good young players, they'll have a bunch of cap space this summer. They could walk out of this looking alright.

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
Zadina-Glendening-Hirose
Svechnikov, DeLa Rose

DeKeyser-Green
UFA/Kronwall-Hronek
Ericsson-Daley
Bowey

Howard
Bernier
My dream (big dream lol) for next season with everyone capable of playing in the NHL

Veleno - Larkin - Bertuzzi
Hirose - Athanasiou - Zadina
Mantha - Nielsen - 2019 1st
Ehn - Glendening - Helm
Rasmussen (I'm sure he will be in the lineup)
Abdelkader (I wish)
De La Rose (really want him to be in the lineup)
Svech (later in the season)

Dekeyser - Green
UFA - Hronek
Cholowski - Ericcson
Daley
Bowey

Howard
Bernier

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Veleno and Zadina should be in GR next year . Svechnikov-Veleno-Zadina line should be awesome in GR
Red wings : Mantha-Larkin-Rasmussen
Hirose-AA-Bert
Helm-Nielson-Puempel
Ehn-Gleny-Rose
I like to be more conservative and have better pics at 2020. 2020 going to be one of the best

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Veleno and Zadina should be in GR next year . Svechnikov-Veleno-Zadina line should be awesome in GR
Red wings : Mantha-Larkin-Rasmussen
Hirose-AA-Bert
Helm-Nielson-Puempel
Ehn-Gleny-Rose
I like to be more conservative and have better pics at 2020. 2020 going to be one of the best

I think Svech will be out of waiver options. He might just have to be in Detroit, because he won't make it through waivers.

Reactions: TCNorthstars

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I think Svech will be out of waiver options. He might just have to be in Detroit, because he won't make it through waivers.
He will not be exempt next season, so he'll be on the roster even if it means sitting in the press box.

They can send Ehn, Kuffner, and Raz down. I'm sure they'll keep Hirose in the lineup.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
He will not be exempt next season, so he'll be on the roster even if it means sitting in the press box.

They can send Ehn, Kuffner, and Raz down. I'm sure they'll keep Hirose in the lineup.

Hirose is making a good case for a roster spot next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rasmussen start the year in GR, along with Veleno. I think Zadina will be given a chance to win a spot in camp.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

his seat might have been getting hot so he made some risky moves to save it. of course now it's probably even hotter but i guess he felt he was in a position where he couldn't afford to stand pat/sell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad