'19-'20 NHL Fights

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Any predictions on the first fight of the NHL season, or which players/teams will be more active than others?

Even though fighting is dying in today's game (and it seems that even the websites that cover that type of thing have gone to shit), I'm always curious to see whenever there's a tilt, especially so now that it has become a rarity. I liked dropyourgloves in particular because I could see very quickly if there were any bouts (plus other hits, skirmishes etc) instead of scrolling through boxscores or social media. If someone fought, it was almost immediately described/rated at the very least.

I doubt there's much interest in this stuff these days on here but something about a good scrap still piques my interest, although the days are numbered for sure.

What will see this season?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Scott Sabourin will lead the league in fights, probably with less than 10 but he will still lead.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Sabourin might.

The officials are pretty bold about getting in the middle of things these days. I think the first "fight" of the nhl season was Zadorov against Lucic, but it was more like roughing.

weinsink

Feb 8, 2018
Sabourin might.

The officials are pretty bold about getting in the middle of things these days. I think the first "fight" of the nhl season was Zadorov against Lucic, but it was more like roughing.
Zadorov is such a puss bag!

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
So sad. Goes long with everything else about the game. Kendall where are you?

In less than 5 years, there will be teams with zero fighting majors.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Looch and Macdermid had an okay tilt. One of the rare HW fights.

I dont think there will be a team that cracks 20 fights this year. I can see a couple teams get by with just 1 fight this year as well.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Lucic kind of looking like his old self early on this season. MacDermid is a tough SOB as well.

I expect Carolina and Toronto to be near the bottom in terms of fights, wouldn't shock me to see less than 5 from those teams.

Edit: Looking at last seasons totals maybe 5 is generous...I still think we're a year or so away from seeing a team go without a single fight though.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Lucic is still one of the top dogs, I think it's Lucic & Reaves at the top of the mountain right now, maybe Ross Johnston can be added there too if he's active.

I remember back when Laraque was with the Habs, they kept saying he'd wipe the floor with Lucic. I'm not so sure about that, I'm not saying Lucic would win, but i don't think it would be a cake walk some people do.

Lucic is so technical, and powerful. He can take a shot too.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Need to see Reaves and Johnston go. Big men, Ross really could be the top dog but his resume isn’t the best yet. Needs some big hitters to be added but just floors anyone he comes across.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Lucic is still one of the top dogs, I think it's Lucic & Reaves at the top of the mountain right now, maybe Ross Johnston can be added there too if he's active.

I remember back when Laraque was with the Habs, they kept saying he'd wipe the floor with Lucic. I'm not so sure about that, I'm not saying Lucic would win, but i don't think it would be a cake walk some people do.

Laraque was much more powerful than Lucic.

Laraque played at a weight of 30-40 pounds more than Lucic.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Laraque was much more powerful than Lucic.

Laraque played at a weight of 30-40 pounds more than Lucic.
He absolutely did, but he wasn't a big puncher to me. I felt he'd use his strength more than his actual "fighting ability" - He was good at tying guys up, pushing them off and throwing. Again, not saying Lucic would win, but I don't think Laraque would "kill him".

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Need to see Reaves and Johnston go. Big men, Ross really could be the top dog but his resume isn’t the best yet. Needs some big hitters to be added but just floors anyone he comes across.
Agreed. That fight needs to happen.

That's probably the most anticipated fight for me. Johnston is a horse.

McQuaid is another solid fighter but isn't quite in that league. He and Reaves had a good go with Reaves taking over at the end last year.

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia

Watch Colton Orr break his nose, Lucic p***yed away quick from that one lol. No mas no mas he cried. Orr was gonna kill him. The league went sissified or Lucic would still be a middleweight.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Watch Colton Orr break his nose, Lucic *****ed away quick from that one lol. No mas no mas he cried. Orr was gonna kill him. The league went sissified or Lucic would still be a middleweight.

You do realize that Orr was one of the hardest punching HW's out there.He slept Fedoruk, Carkner and dropped Scott etc. A Colton Orr punch to the beak would make anyone back up, especially when they have an issue with their nose already.

I don't really get what you're arguing.

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
You do realize that Orr was one of the hardest punching HW's out there.He slept Fedoruk, Carkner and dropped Scott etc. A Colton Orr punch to the beak would make anyone back up, especially when they have an issue with their nose already.

I don't really get what you're arguing.
Not arguing anything the league has gone pure sissy or Lucic wouldn't be that tough. He was a middleweight in a heavyweight body. He was pure terrified yet people on here are going on abour him, just thought I'd enlighten some.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Not arguing anything the league has gone pure sissy or Lucic wouldn't be that tough. He was a middleweight. He was pure terrified yet people on here are going on abour him, just thought I'd enlighten some.
Who was he terrified of? He's fought plenty of HW's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->