[#19] ★ The Dallas Stars visit Mike Modano 2.0 ★ FS-SW ★ 6:00 CST ★

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
3 years ago we would never score on the empty net. Now we do it every second game. Craziness.

You have to be winning at the end of the game for the other team to pull their goalie. I'll take it as a sign that we are holding onto leads late, and then capitalizing on our chances with the open net.

Indianation65

Oct 14, 2014
Currently, North Tex
I always love the empty net goals...it does show the 6 men are scrambling to catch up, and I love being in the lead.

Addendum: Sure, we can all see parts of the game that need improving, and the team will improve. It's still nice to know the first place team still has room to grow!

Addendum II: I rarely understand these game-time titles.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
They manage to win games but when was the last time the team looked really great? I know one shouldn't complain.

We don't over-commit like we did last year. We don't run up the score like we may have in the past, but we don't give up goals in bunches anymore either.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
They haven't been outstanding, but they have been good enough every night.

Yep. And right now, that's all we need to do. No need to go all out every night and wear ourselves out a quarter of the way through the season.

They're getting the lead and holding onto it, something we haven't seen for quite a while. I don't really care how we get the wins, as long as we get them.

6 months from now, we're not going to look back and think "oh but these weren't good wins". We're just going to know we had a great cushion later on from our early play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad