PHX
Position: D
Height: 6'2
Weight: 170
Shoots: R
Birthday: 6-12-98

Ranked #137 by Hockeyprospect.com
Ranked #209 by Future Considerations
Ranked #131 by NHL Central Scouting (NA Skaters)

“That’s a very interesting one, a right-handed shooting defenseman who hasn’t really done anything yet but has lots of upside,†said Thompson. “The big thing for Stewart is that he just got a scholarship to an NCAA school (Nebraska-Omaha). That gives whoever takes him in the draft, four more years to let him develop. He has the tools. I think he’s a candidate for the late part of the draft.â€

http://mytoba.ca/featured/nhl-draft-manitobas-big-eight/

Stewart, 6’2 178lbs, is from Portage la Prairie, Manitoba and was originally drafted by the Blades in the 6th round of the 2013 WHL Bantam Draft. Playing this season with the Portage Terriers in the MJHL, Stewart has five goals and 12 points in 28 games. He was with the Terriers last season when they captured the RBC Cup.

Stewart took part in the 2013 Western Canada Challenge Cup and won a bronze medal with Manitoba. Stewart was one two players from Manitoba to play for Canada West at the 2015 World Junior “A†Challenge. Stewart and Canada West captured the gold medal.

In the NHL Central Scouting Players to Watch for the 2016 Draft, Stewart received a “C†rating, and was the only player from the MJHL to appear on the list.

http://mjwarriors.ca/warriors-acquire-rights-to-stewart/

Last edited:

ScJeff

Jun 15, 2010
Good hard working guy. Love this pick for you guys. He has the talent. I am from Portage so maybe I am biased but I can see him really growing in NCAA.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
GMJC - "Welp, I'm heading back to the hotel, oh, here's the 6th and 7th round picks, have some fun with 'em"

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
GMJC - "Welp, I'm heading back to the hotel, oh, here's the 6th and 7th round picks, have some fun with 'em"

:laugh: I doubt that.

I'd guess he either tweaked his analytics categories to get new data points, or he went "all-in" on analytic results (no other factors).

D is D is D, we'll just have to wait and see....

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Good pick. Has a lot of skill just needs to fill out more. Let him play in college and bulk up. His base skills are solid.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00