Prospect Info: 186th overall: Vancouver selects Artyom Manukyan (RW, Avangard Omsk)

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Would've rather drafted Nando Eggenberger just for the name

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com
personally dont see him making it to the league but
one thing ive noticed was that he plays bigger than his size that plays t he body a lot and isnt shy away from the traffic
a bit of ? offensive capabilities but sees some understanding of the game (u see him directing traffic a lot)
skating north-south wise is fast enough but inefficient
u can see a bit of Palmu in a sense very tenacious effort game

Last edited:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Would be great to have an updated height/weight on him but I still can't find anything.

He can't possibly still be 139 lbs., can he?

pomorick

Aug 8, 2015
Theo Fleury was way too small for the NHL too and he played when the rules allowed much rougher play. Rather pick up a super skilled small guy than an over sized
plug with a sixth round pick any day.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I’m intrigued by this guys but come on, Fleury had like 50 lbs on him.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Theo Fleury was way too small for the NHL too and he played when the rules allowed much rougher play. Rather pick up a super skilled small guy than an over sized
plug with a sixth round pick any day.
Fleury was a complete psychopath on the ice, though. Even when he broke in you knew he was driven by demons. He himself was as much a goon and a rat as any knuckledragger, and his talent level was undeniable. Fleury was a lot of things, but just another little guy with a hope and a dream he was not.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
"The President of the Union of Armenians of Russia, Ara Abramyan, awarded “Omsk Hawk” hockey club’s 19-year-old striker Artyom Manukyan.
Presentation of the jubilee medal of the UAR and the acknowledgment of the President of the UAR “For Fidelity to Sport Traditions, Devotion to the Motherland and National Roots” took place on July 9 within the framework of the solemn dinner organized on the behalf of the UAR President for the participants of the extended session of the Board of the UAR and the Board of the Assembly of the Peoples of Russia.
"

sdfs.jpg

The President of the Union of Armenians of Russia, Ara Abramyan, awarded "Omsk Hawk" hockey club’s 19-year-old striker Artyom Manukyan. | Armcongress

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Would be great to have an updated height/weight on him but I still can't find anything.

He can't possibly still be 139 lbs., can he?
That's what he's still listed at on the KHL and Avangard sites.

Edit: Just realized he has been listed at 139 lb since 2016. Hard to believe he hasn't gained a pound in two years.

He looks pretty damn small in this video. He gets the player of the game hat right at the end.

He's on the second line with Versteeg again today and has one assist after one period. Really good start to the season for him.

Last edited:

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
A long shot, but I still think this guy will play for the Canucks one day. I want a picture of him beside Tryamkin.

A very intriguing player. Everything I can find says he is as driven as they get..=

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
A long shot, but I still think this guy will play for the Canucks one day. I want a picture of him beside Tryamkin.

A very intriguing player. Everything I can find says he is as driven as they get..=
Yup, all the talent and size in the world is useless without drive.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Mats Naslund's 5'6" 160 lbs might be within range, fingers crossed ;)

Mats Naslund! He was my first "favourite" hockey player! Back in the good ole days when you got to see maybe 20 Canuck games per year on TV, and Saturday nights were almost always either the Habs or the Leafs. Don't like to admit it now, but in the 80s the Habs were my Prince of Wales Conference team, right up until Mario was drafted by the Penguins. Embarrassing, looking back on some of the decisions we make when young.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->