GDT: #18: Philadelphia Flyers@Pittsburgh Penguins | 8:00 PM ET | CEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
Apparently Vladislav Tretiak will be at the game today to scout for Team Russia. Will this push Malkin to break out of his semi-slump?

TheBeardofJustice

May 8, 2013
New Jersey
It is amazing to me how much of an impact Neal has on the game. Even though we lost the St. Louis game(granted, we lost by 1 goal) the amount of creative offense was insane. He really is a shooter. He knows where to post up and where to be, and best of all Malkin knows how he plays. Just think, that was Nealer shaking off the rust. If we could just get rid of Dupuis and replace him with a player like Neal, I think most of our line-up specific issues would be gone. I can tell you one thing, a guy like Neal is not replaceable on this team. The beginning of this season shows us that. I hope he snipes a few top cheese tonight.
LGJN

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Things I'm hoping not to see:

-Pens having a meltdown because they dominate the first 15 minutes, but can't score.

-Pens going into tantrum mode if the Flyers (or should I say when) get chippy.

-Pascal Dupuis playing with a sand wedge instead of a hockey stick.

-Adams/Glass as the "checking line" versus Giroux's line.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Apparently Vladislav Tretiak will be at the game today to scout for Team Russia. Will this push Malkin to break out of his semi-slump?

Neal should help Geno, but one thing i noticed with Geno this year is he never goes to the net, even though Sid has had trouble finishing lately, hes been going to those dirty areas and getting great scoring chances, Geno got that concussion last year by going to the net, i wonder if that has something to do with it.

LaughAtMyPain

'91 '92 '09 '16 '17
Oct 26, 2013
I remember when Geno was in a slump prior to the Pens playing Ottawa on 12/23/09, and he finished that game with a hat trick while Tretiak was in the building. At this point, I'm hoping for any positive thing.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex

Now that Neal is back I expect that Geno will be performing better again.

Regardless, a Russian scout being there isn't going to have much impact on Geno. He's a lock to the make the team.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
He's been a nice surprise and looked good with Geno, but his last name isn't D'Agostini and he wasn't one of Shero's biggest FA signings this offseason, so he probably will be kept up for a while, maybe given 5 minutes on a 4th line in a few games, and then be sent down.
:laugh::laugh:
Thanks.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC

Regardless, a Russian scout being there isn't going to have much impact on Geno. He's a lock to the make the team.

Not just a Russian scout...arguably the greatest Russian hockey player of all time...and the man largely calling the shots for Team Russia at the Olympics.

With only one Russian in this game, he's here to see Geno and Geno alone.

Heliarclee

Nov 12, 2013
I hope they show heart from beginning to end. If we can score early I think that will greatly help confidence and we can run away with this one. If we cant score in the first 10-15 mins we may be in for a long night of our guys losing their minds getting caught up in all the after whistle stuff.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Yeah not feeling the new uniforms.

They look like they raided the clearence bon at an Abercrombie and Fitch campaign gone wrong.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
This is the night Crosby comes out of his funk. Losing streak, nationally televised game, playing against the Flyers. 4 points for the Captain is my prediction.

Hopefully Letang and Maatta will look good together.

They aren't doing anthing good in those uniforms. They look like the village people.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

He's the president of the Ice Hockey Federation of Russia. He's also considered to be one of the best goalies of all time ... if not the best, despite not playing in the NHL. Also runs a goalie 'school' in Canada, Brodeur trained there when he had it in Montreal. Guy's a legend.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Man, watching Cookie play the Leafs tonight. We could use him on the 3rd line.

#1GuinFan

Apr 4, 2003
canada
Visit site
Have the Flyers been that bad this season that a player who not only doesn't play for them, but also plays in the Western Conference, is currently leading them in scoring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->