Post-Game Talk: #18 | FLYERS (A) vs. Sabres (H) | Sun., Feb. 28, 2021 | Flyers win 3-0 (make team history)

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Hmm, are in game statisticians actually counting tips as shots across the board now? That would be news to me because I don't know when it changed, if so.

I have been living in ignorance. :amazed:

They're counting them if they notice them. As you said, this is much more likely when it's on net.

JVR is officially credited with 13 tips at All Situations this year. 6 of them were Goals and 70% of them were On Net. That's obviously not complete.

Bigb47

Dec 5, 2016
He's in better shape this year, and he's going to the blue paint, instead of parking himself 5' away, using his size to establish position.
I think AV got his message to JVR, that he was out of shape in the bubble and he had little future here if it happened again.

At this point, JVR will be protected over Voracek in the ED, Farabee is a better player than Voracek right now with a lot more upside.
So Voracek has to beat out TK just to stay in the top six.
It's no so much that Voracek has slipped, but JVR and Farabee have pushed ahead.
I'm sorry but I dont agree that farabee is better then Jake right now. Its a small sample size and while I think farabee will keep evolving into a great player he doesn't control the puck or pass as good as voracek....yet at least

Reactions: Beef Invictus

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
And of course a puck crying in terror after Thor! neutralized it. Did I tell you that is the greatest play in hockey history? :sarcasm:

Rb319ad7333148d5e600e31cc6323b10c
That name makes me cringe so much.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'm sorry but I dont agree that farabee is better then Jake right now. Its a small sample size and while I think farabee will keep evolving into a great player he doesn't control the puck or pass as good as voracek....yet at least

Why does Voracek get credit for the same type of play Hayes gets dissed? That is, using your body to gain zone entry then holding the puck, waiting for something to open up? Both have similar styles, Voracek the better playmaker, Hayes the better shooter.

I don't think Farabee is a small sample fluke, his shot is really good, much better than last year, some may be experience, some may be filling out his body. His added strength now allows him to be effective in dirty areas. He's also a high IQ player who is picking up the nuances of the game.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Why does Voracek get credit for the same type of play Hayes gets dissed? That is, using your body to gain zone entry then holding the puck, waiting for something to open up? Both have similar styles, Voracek the better playmaker, Hayes the better shooter.

I don't think Farabee is a small sample fluke, his shot is really good, much better than last year, some may be experience, some may be filling out his body. His added strength now allows him to be effective in dirty areas. He's also a high IQ player who is picking up the nuances of the game.
Farabee is much stronger this season. It makes a huge difference in his game. He always thought the game at an extremely high level. Now his body is much better able to win battles and fend off challenges.

The JVR-Couturier-Farabee line has incredible chemistry, because they all think the game at elite levels. And, of course, JVR got himself into good shape.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

Bigb47

Dec 5, 2016

I mean small sample size as in he’s leaps and bounds better this year then last which has only been 15 games so far. I agree with everything your saying about him and also believe he will turn into a a possible top 10 point producer at his ceiling. I’m just saying voracek has 2 PPG or more seasons and consistently puts about 60 points a year up, I’m just not ready to give farabee that until he can put up a similar season is all. Which might be hard this year but I think next season is gonna be a huge tell for farabee. 82 games and playoffs (hopefully)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I mean small sample size as in he’s leaps and bounds better this year then last which has only been 15 games so far. I agree with everything your saying about him and also believe he will turn into a a possible top 10 point producer at his ceiling. I’m just saying voracek has 2 PPG or more seasons and consistently puts about 60 points a year up, I’m just not ready to give farabee that until he can put up a similar season is all. Which might be hard this year but I think next season is gonna be a huge tell for farabee. 82 games and playoffs (hopefully)

I think it's time to accept that Voracek has slipped a notch, he's not the player he was in his 20s.
Think the difference with JVR is JVR has embraced a more physical style, which he needs to be effective in his 30s, while he's skating better, he's not going to set any records.
Voracek seems to do so at times, then revert back to "finesse" Jakob, but he's not the skater he was a few years ago. Still above average, but 30+ legs lack the burst that he used to show.

Bigb47

Dec 5, 2016
I think it's time to accept that Voracek has slipped a notch, he's not the player he was in his 20s.
Think the difference with JVR is JVR has embraced a more physical style, which he needs to be effective in his 30s, while he's skating better, he's not going to set any records.
Voracek seems to do so at times, then revert back to "finesse" Jakob, but he's not the skater he was a few years ago. Still above average, but 30+ legs lack the burst that he used to show.
Well when you put it that way, kinda pisses on my parade. I think I took a “defensive “ stand on it because it kinda felt like just like that voracek and what he’s done in his career was marginalized. I know it wasn’t but I took and read it that way haha

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
So I had to watch a stream with their commentator, that old man sounds like he is always telling the world's most boring story lol

Reactions: BernieParent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad