GDT: [#18] Dallas Stars at Winnipeg Jets, 1:00PM CST (FS-SW, TSN3)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Benn and Seguin right now make the same type of plays that for example got Gurianov send down earlier in the year ( and he doesn't make them anymore ) . Only you can't send those two down .

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
If they let them walk, someone else will just sign them to these contracts.

Which is fine in my eyes. Teams can have their stars walk and still do well (see New York Islanders). Depth seems to matter more and more, 10+ million can buy a lot of depth. I’m glad we signed both Seguin and Benn because it was worth the risk to contend now, but I thought they’d age a lot more gracefully.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Asked if he's frustrated in the one goal so far, Benn said: "No, not really, actually."

"You get pretty much at least one Grade-A scoring chance per game, and you either put it in the back of the net or you don't," Benn said.

My god Benn is lame. Just zero f***s given, zero intensity and zero pride.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
By the way despite scoring less i think Benn has actually been better than Seguin pretty much all of this year. Seguin right now is a massive problem. He's paid to be the 30+ goalscorer he's allways been here and he just does not look like it at all.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
By the way despite scoring less i think Benn has actually been better than Seguin pretty much all of this year. Seguin right now is a massive problem. He's paid to be the 30+ goalscorer he's allways been here and he just does not look like it at all.

Benn's skating has looked better, but he's still finding ways to be lazy. He's getting some scoring chances, but he's not generating them. A 9.5M player should be generating at least one scoring chance a game.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Benn's skating has looked better, but he's still finding ways to be lazy. He's getting some scoring chances, but he's not generating them. A 9.5M player should be generating at least one scoring chance a game.

Yeah but we've sort of come to expect this from Benn now. With Seguin ? No . Not like this.

Reactions: The Tourist

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008

I agree. I noticed Benn several times yesterday and thought he and Dickinson actually looked pretty good together at times. Seguin was just completely invisible the entire game until his mistake in OT. I think I read Benn had the 3rd least amount of ice time for forwards against the Jets and I still noticed more good from him than Seguin.

Seguin is expected to be the best forward on the team and should be a 30+ goal, 70-80 point center in his prime. Instead he looks like he has dead legs and zero creativity in the offensive zone. Other NHL players have called Crosby a superstar grinder (as a compliment) and I feel like Seguin is an extremely poor version of a "superstar" grinder.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Holy overreaction batman.

Seguin hasn't been good, in fact he's bee pretty damn bad, and yet he still has the most points on the team.
The fact that everybody is struggling save 2 players, Hintz and Heiskanen, says a lot about the team.
Seguin has always been a streaky scorer.
Last year through 18games he had literally 2 more goals than he does now, yes he had 6 more points total, but Benn had 8more than currently(6 of which were goals), Klingberg 9more(1 less game too),
Shore and Spezza both had 11p (would be tied for the team lead currently with Seguin and Hintz)

They had 6 players with 10 or more points 18game into last season.
They have 3 this season.

Last year 11 players had 2 or more goals (Benn led all with 7)
This year 9 players with 2 or more (Hintz leads with 9)

Last year 18games into the season they scored 51goals
this year only 43.

Seguin had all of 2 more goals at this time last year, still finished with 80points and 33goals.

Monty's system is the only explanation for the complete drop off of literally every player.
The only ones who aren't struggling are the two who are fast enough to create and score rush chances, which is how Hintz has most of his points.
This System doesn't generate goals in the offensive zone, it is literally off the rush or a turnover, with the exception of the 3rd period in Minnesota, where some lucky bounces attributed to goals, that has been the case in basically every game. People seem to forget how terrible the team was last year too literally held together nightly by vezina quality goaltending.
He'll still be around 30g and 70p come season end

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad