GDT: [#18] Dallas Stars at Winnipeg Jets, 1:00PM CST (FS-SW, TSN3)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Lol there we go

Not the first time Seguin has been burned in OT and won't be the last. Should've thrown Gurianov out there at least put someone with speed

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Let's see if Benn and Seguin wake up against Calgary like they usually do. If not, its panic time with those two.

For now just take the point and move on

Reactions: Blindsummit

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Seguin has become a 3rd line grinder with a pretty good one timer. He's not fast anymore and he isn't a game breaker out there. He was invisible all game and then sucks in OT.

Reactions: Blindsummit

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Seriously out depth players are doing their job but our supposed toplayers are invisible.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
I think they’ll both rebound tbh. I’m not worried. I’ve said it before though both contracts is really just too much to hang on waiting around for it to happen. Seguin still has plenty of value if they wanted to go that route.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
if they do want to go that route they need to do it quick. im not sure how quickly his value can fall but he just doesnt look like the same explosive skater he was just a few years ago. We could very well be looking at these two combining for 100-120 points for 20 million a year for the next few years and probably dropping off a cliff after that.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I think they’ll both rebound tbh. I’m not worried. I’ve said it before though both contracts is really just too much to hang on waiting around for it to happen. Seguin still has plenty of value if they wanted to go that route.
But rebound to what? Point a game? In today’s game, that’s not especially impressive considering their massive contracts.

Reactions: gentleman scholar

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Last season, Monty played good cop to Lites/Gaglardi being the bad cops. Looks like Monty’s frustration is showing. Notice he says this in front of Canadian media where he knows it will get more attention.

Last season Benn and especially Seguin also played much better . This season the team has clawed back to .500 despite Benn and Seguin barely contributing to it.

There is no reason why Benn or Seguin can't make plays like Faksa did for the 2nd goal. Zero. That was all effort ( and a bad opposing player ) .

Reactions: Smelling Salt

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
How many times has giving a player in their mid-late 20’s a huge contract worked out? Seguin, Benn, Karlsson, Couture, Toews, Kopitar, Doughty, Bobrovski all look like massive fails with plenty of years. Teams are to afraid to let their stars walk so they sign them to crippling contracts.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
How many times has giving a player in their mid-late 20’s a huge contract worked out? Seguin, Benn, Karlsson, Couture, Toews, Kopitar, Doughty, Bobrovski all look like massive fails with plenty of years. Teams are to afraid to let their stars walk so they sign them to crippling contracts.
Agreed. Patrick Kane is probably the best and brightest example of it working out well. Definitely Ovechkin, too, but his contract was a super-long one before rule changes.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It's not even the speed thats the problem imho. Pavelski isn't fast either but you can see the effort is allways there. Its also one thing you can never blame Radulov for. He will allways try even if he doesn't play well and take shitton of penalties. He will play hard no matter what. With Benn and Seguin its inconsistent at best.

Seguin isn't even getting in the scoring areas all that much this year .

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

If they let them walk, someone else will just sign them to these contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->