GDT: [#18] Columbus Blue Jackets @ Dallas Stars, 8:30 PM EST (FS-SW+)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Heiskanen >> Hamhuis, Pateryn
Comeau > Roussell
Shore of 18-19 >>>>> Shore Last Season
Khudobin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lehtonen
Polak >= Pateryn

We don't have Shore for probably a while and are playing 2 AHL defenseman who don't look ready for this. Pateryn and Hamhuis are NHL players . Our third pairing is not.

We also don't have Klingberg for a while.

Heiskanen replaced Klingberg and Pateyn, Hamhuis got replaced with Hanley,Gleason. Honka doesn't look any better than last year.

Comeau > Roussell

seems like a wash to me . Roussel was more productive but also took dumber penalties.

The only thing truely better right now is goaltending.

Reactions: Kcb12345

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Things were going well until all of a sudden we had to skate our 13th best defender and all of a sudden the team is garbage.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
I was getting the impression Radulov lost trust in Heiskanen after he wasn't ready for that airmailed pass on the first Power Play. Hopefully he understands now that he's an offensive weapon.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
We don't have Shore for probably a while and are playing 2 AHL defenseman who don't look ready for this. Pateryn and Hamhuis are NHL players . Our third pairing is not.

We also don't have Klingberg for a while.

Heiskanen replaced Klingberg and Pateyn, Hamhuis got replaced with Hanley,Gleason. Honka doesn't look any better than last year.

Comeau > Roussell

seems like a wash to me . Roussel was more productive but also took dumber penalties.

The only thing truely better right now is goaltending.
How convenient that you cherry pick. The roster at the start of the season was much better than what Hitchcock had, And THEY STILL PLAYED LIKE GARBAGE, Injuries that recently happened (klingberg has missed 2 games, and who knows how long for shore if any) don't deteriorate the overall quality of the roster as it is. Temporarily sure it is worse, but it is not as if Hitch didn't have Injuries or a severely garbage Spezza to deal with either

serp

Jan 17, 2016
How convenient that you cherry pick. The roster at the start of the season was much better than what Hitchcock had, And THEY STILL PLAYED LIKE GARBAGE, Injuries that recently happened (klingberg has missed 2 games, and who knows how long for shore if any) don't deteriorate the overall quality of the roster as it is. Temporarily sure it is worse, but it is not as if Hitch didn't have Injuries or a severely garbage Spezza to deal with either

They actually started out pretty well.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
They actually started out pretty well.
no they didn't. they were getting outplayed by everyone, except Anahiem. If you count starting well as having anaheim early in the season sure, but they have literally been outplayed in 15 of 17 games (soon to be 16 of 18)

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
I wouldn’t mind the Stars losing if they didn’t look so bad doing it. Maybe they’ll score a quick cluster of goals...

I don't like that they look bad, but at the end of the day they are going to lose games they shouldn't just as much as they will win when they shouldn't.

2 points is 2 points in this league and you need everyone you can get.

Reactions: JesusNPucks

Starsfansfromqc

Sep 8, 2018
Jamie Benn need's to remember at least a little that he's there for scoring goal to.. Not just hitting Seth Jones :)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
no they didn't. they were getting outplayed by everyone, except Anahiem. If you count starting well as having anaheim early in the season sure, but they have literally been outplayed in 15 of 17 games (soon to be 16 of 18)

You did watch that Jets game ? In the Yotes game they also weren't outplayed. The Leafs game was pretty even IRC

Robert Kentwood

Sep 11, 2018
Jamie Benn need's to remember at least a little that he's there for scoring goal to.. Not just hitting Seth Jones :)
Eh, Jackets have been taking their shots at the Stars in both games (Dubious, Anderson, Jones, even Atkinson on a blatant interference on Heiskanen last game). I have no problem with him running their players to keep them in line.

For one of the bigger teams in the league, we are soft as shit overall.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
You did watch that Jets game ? In the Yotes game they also weren't outplayed. The Leafs game was pretty even IRC
Go re-watch the games. Also the Leafs walked all over us in both games.
The yotes you could say was about even, if not for a 1:30 section where the stars picked up 3 goals.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Go rewatch the games. Also the Leafs walked all over us in both games

The game in Toronto i agree . The one in Dallas had a ton of scoring chances on both side with the Leafs capitilizing more on theirs.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I'm not convinced Nichushkin could hit the glass with a shot if he tried.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->