18- and 19-year old CHL players to AHL?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Would be interesting option (and provide even more bodies to replace those on Taxi Squads).

I guess a lot depends on whether the three leagues have a season. And a "force majuere" tweak to NHL-CHL transfer agreement?

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011

Would be interesting option (and provide even more bodies to replace those on Taxi Squads).

I guess a lot depends on whether the three leagues have a season. And a "force majuere" tweak to NHL-CHL transfer agreement?

Nick Robertson (OHL) and Leafs is another case to keep an eye on. Nick played in the playoff qualifiers last season and could see benefit in the AHL this year if possible.

Reactions: KasparsHipCheck

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Sharks 2020 first round draft pick is in training (with some others) in Arizona (but separate from Sharks).

KasparsHipCheck

Feb 9, 2013
upstate ny
I like this idea not just now with covid to consider in logistics for teams. But overall. European and I think younger college players like Sonny Milano were able to play AHL, instead of CHL. I think there a good bunch of CHL players who have outgrown that level of play, yet have to sit there another year, since they're not NHL ready. I remember back in the 90's seeing the Devils have quite a few young kids--Steve Sullivan and Cale Hulse for example.

Reactions: Tao Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad