18/19 MGMT Thread X: This is the song that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends...

Status
Not open for further replies.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Thats all I needed to hear...thanks:thumbu:
Dobber ranked them 4th.

3 of the top 5 graduated. THey traded #5, #3 regressed and was injured for the season.

6 through 10 included, Lind, Gadjovich, Palmu, and Brisebois....knowing what he know now, it's pretty obvious to me they were overranked and it was mostly due to Pettersson.

But again, you do you.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
What about the 2016 draft?
Do elite drafters have an entire draft class at the risk of busting? Only lockwood is trending as he should. We had a high pick that year too.

I think if you average out his drafts you'd get like 1-2 nhl players a year which is what most organizations get.

Still too early to evaluate 2016. In about 12 months we will have a much better idea of how the 2016 draft went.

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
What else have you got to rank prospect pools except appealing to authority.?...I dont have anywhere near the knowledge (or the time of day) of prospects to assess other teams prospect pools...do you?

On you're Re-Ranking after the 2014 draft..the first thing that popped up on the page was NYI at #3 with the outstanding talent group of Dal Colle,Ho Sang and Griffin Reinhart..stopped reading after that.

As far as the Canucks go..they will slip out of the top 3...but players like Madden,Woo,Rathbone have all kicked it up a notch in their D+1 years...Hughes will probably bypass the prospect pool completely..It also depends on the Canucks selections in the 2019 draft.?..Again though.I will have to wait until August (and appeal to authority) and see where we rank.

You cant say islanders having a top 3 ranked prospect pool in 2014 makes the list garbage. Earlier you cited pronman rankings for saying we had a top 3 prospect pool in the league.

Pronman had the isles in the top3 in 2014.
ESPN - Pronman's NHL prospect pipeline rankings
Does that invalidate all his rankings then? Does he not know enough about hockey?

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
Still too early to evaluate 2016. In about 12 months we will have a much better idea of how the 2016 draft went.
Normally I would agree but we literally didnt sign any prospects besides juolevi. Only lockwoods rights are available to the Canucks. We dont have any other prospects rights with the organization from that 2016 class because we didnt sign them. You lose their rights two years after the draft. It busted faster than the 2014 and 2015 drafts.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
You cant say islanders having a top 3 ranked prospect pool in 2014 makes the list garbage. Earlier you cited pronman rankings for saying we had a top 3 prospect pool in the league.

Does that invalidate all his rankings then? Does he not know enough about hockey?
Don't expect a response or one that takes more than 20 seconds to type.

If it doesn't support his position, it's trash.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

It kind of does invalidate his rankings if he's citing MDC,Ho-Sang and Reinhart as being pillars of the rebuild (I cannot open the article)..Even though I used Pronmans list,..I can provide plenty of other evidence to suggest the Canucks have a top prospect pool.

What you found, I would say is more harmful to 420Canucks argument, ...not mine..." Like I find it hilarious. I didn't say any lists were a joke....but it seems like maybe now you're realizing that these lists don't mean anything. For the exact reason you stopped reading after the Islanders being #3 in 2014."...420Canucks.

Last edited:

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
It kind of does invalidate his rankings if he's citing MDC,Ho-Sang and Reinhart as being pillars of the rebuild (I cannot open the article)..Even though I used Pronmans list,..I can provide plenty of other evidence to suggest the Canucks have a top prospect pool.

What you found, I would say is more harmful to 420Canucks argument, ...not mine..." Like I find it hilarious. I didn't say any lists were a joke....but it seems like maybe now you're realizing that these lists don't mean anything. For the exact reason you stopped reading after the Islanders being #3 in 2014."...420Canucks.
I mean those were their best prospects and they had the pedigree so it'd be difficult to believe that their 2 lottery level picks in MDC and Reinhart weren't at the top of the prospect rankings.

I thought his argument was that Canucks don't have a top 3 prospect pool in the league where as you said we did citing hockey writers/media rankings to strengthen your claim.

Reactions: 420Canuck

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018

What are you even talking about? Take the "L" bud.

How is another list (one you've used as an authority) that puts the Isles with the same group of prospects in the same ranking, hurting my argument. You stopped reading the Bleacher Report list, but appealed to Pronman's....one list you called trash had the exact same ranking as your authority. Maybe I'm just dense, but I feel like I'm schooling you. The lists are just lists, as I've countered the whole damn time, they don't mean much, and there is no correlation to these lists and being a good team years down the line. That's my point, but you keep holding on to those lists that ranked Palmu, Gadjovich, Lind and Brisebois in the top 10. Whatever helps you sleep at night. I'm really struggling to see the harm....could you spell it out for me.

Reactions: MisfortuneCookie

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

I guess we're not getting a response from you eh? Oh well. I'll take that as your admission that the Canucks aren't rebuilding. Thanks.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
What are you even talking about? Take the "L" bud.

How is another list (one you've used as an authority) that puts the Isles with the same group of prospects in the same ranking, hurting my argument. You stopped reading the Bleacher Report list, but appealed to Pronman's....one list you called trash had the exact same ranking as your authority. Maybe I'm just dense, but I feel like I'm schooling you. The lists are just lists, as I've countered the whole damn time, they don't mean much, and there is no correlation to these lists and being a good team years down the line. That's my point, but you keep holding on to those lists that ranked Palmu, Gadjovich, Lind and Brisebois in the top 10. Whatever helps you sleep at night. I'm really struggling to see the harm....could you spell it out for me.
Canucks prospect pool rated 'middle of the pack'..?...you already took the "L" on that one...Did I say those those lists I posted correlate to being a good team down the road?...I just said the Canucks have a top 3 prospect pool.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Canucks prospect pool rated 'middle of the pack'..?...you already took the "L" on that one...Did I say those those lists I posted correlate to being a good team down the road?...I just said the Canucks have a top 3 prospect pool.
The pool was highly ranked based on TWO players, one is likely to win the calder....the rest of the list fell flat on their faces in their first year of pro hockey.

You said they have a top 3 prospect pool based on....reasons. LOL, have a good day.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
No more signing mediocre players to ridiculous contracts. Our roster is congested with useless plugs that we can’t move and are stuck with. If Benning doesn’t want to go after Panarin or Karlsson, he should stay pat.

Baertschi-Pettersson-Boeser
Roussel-Horvat-Leivo
Pearson-Gaudette-Virtanen
Eriksson-Beagle-Motte
Goldobin Spooner

Edler Stecher
Hughes Tanev
Hutton Biega
Juolevi Schenn
Sautner

Out: Pouliot, Sutter, Granlund, Schaller

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Where is the point of reference in ranking prospect pools then.?..genius.....Does one crappy prospect ranking from 2014, mean all subsequent rankings are completely bunk?
When it says the same thing as one of the lists you're using as an authority, I'd say yes, mostly bunk.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
When it says the same thing as one of the lists you're using as an authority, I'd say yes, mostly bunk.
Ok...so we will leave out all appeals to authority .....and you claim that all prospect pool rankings are bunk, and the Canucks have a 'middle of the pack' prospect pool.

You claim that EP has graduated ,weakening the pool (haven't other blue chip players in other top prospect pools graduated as well?)....and also Lind,Gadovich,Palmu are not having spectacular seasons (are Madden,Woo and Rathbone not having good seasons?)

and again, ...what is your point of reference in measuring how good a prospect pool is?...I'm interested, just out of my own curiosity.

Last edited:

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
2016 is looking terrible. Juolevi hasn't developed well at all and as a fifth overall pick has tracked poorly. Lockwood is looking okay. The rest are garbage.

You can't go into a draft as the 3rd worst team and only have 5 picks walking in the door.

And then two years later 4 of the 6 aren't even tendered a contract.

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC

Looks terrible on the team. Especially considering all the profits from the original concept went to charity. Aqualini attempts to cash in and doesn't even acknowledge the artist who created the artwork.

Man oh man, this organization isn't quite up there with the Senators but every so often leaves me scratching my head baffled, asking "what the hell is going on behind the doors at Rogers arena?"

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Looks terrible on the team. Especially considering all the profits from the original concept went to charity. Aqualini attempts to cash in and doesn't even acknowledge the artist who created the artwork.

Man oh man, this organization isn't quite up there with the Senators but ever so often leaves me scratching my head baffled, asking "what the hell is going on behind the doors at Rogers arena."

Well as billionaire, Francesco is clear a very smart man who made all of his money on his ideas and his ideas alone!

Reactions: Son of a Dawson

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
You can't go into a draft as the 3rd worst team and only have 5 picks walking in the door.

And then two years later 4 of the 6 aren't even tendered a contract.
Yeah this team simply can't afford bad drafts if it wants to compete. 2016 set this organization back a few years. You have to hit every 1st like the Jets did or do a great job in the other rounds like Tampa has done if you want to be a contender. This team might be in position to contend next year (or fairly soon) if they had picked up extra picks and didn't flub a couple of high picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad