18/19 ECHL Schedule

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Doesn't a "heavy emphasis on divisional play" essentially constitute a balanced schedule?

Nope. In 2017-18 the Railers didn't play each of their divisional opponents the same number of times, nor play them and equal number of home and away games. I presume it will be the same this season, and that's not a balanced schedule.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Doesn't a "heavy emphasis on divisional play" essentially constitute a balanced schedule?
210 is right, it depends on the franchise and the philosophy as to try to contain costs somewhere, whether it be travel or something else usually is the trade-off...

you're learning, though, JMC, just as we vets have experienced at a higher league level well know, after a while, you realize complaining about schedule bias, we have little to no control over that, even when it appears to be the same slate of franchises every year, no matter how many times fans have asked their teams to mix it up and attempt to get every franchise here, it just isn't conducive and it depends on a "handshake" AGREEMENT sometimes to force other franchises to play your team, as Worcester fans well know.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... you're learning, though, JMC, just as we vets have experienced at a higher league level well know, after a while, you realize complaining about schedule bias, we have little to no control over that ...
I was arguing semantics, not substance, with my "balanced schedule" remark. But I doubt any of us took more than a few seasons of following hockey at any level to learn that fans have no influence on game scheduling. It's just that some of us insist on belaboring the point every off-season, rather than rolling with it & enjoying whatever hockey comes our way.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I was arguing semantics, not substance, with my "balanced schedule" remark. But I doubt any of us took more than a few seasons of following hockey at any level to learn that fans have no influence on game scheduling. It's just that some of us insist on belaboring the point every off-season, rather than rolling with it & enjoying whatever hockey comes our way.
we know that all too well.... the same thread is independent of league

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
The Royals announced a few dates for the season, including one against St John's.

Reading, PA - The Reading Royals, proud ECHL Affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers, will play their first home game of the 2018-19 regular season at Santander Arena on Sat., Oct. 13 at 7:00 p.m. vs. the Worcester Railers. The home opener will feature a special Block Party and “Red Carpet” presentation for the new team. Reading’s full home schedule will be announced over the next few weeks. Season ticket packages and nine, 12 and 18-game mini plans are available by calling 610-898-7825.

The Royals and Railers both qualified for the 2018 Kelly Cup Playoffs. Reading split the season series against Worcester in 2017-18.

The Royals have announced four home game dates – the home opener and three American Cancer Society Games. The Royals and American Cancer Society will partner for three games at Santander Arena in 2018-19:
- Men’s Cancer Awareness Night (Movember) on Sat., Nov. 10 vs. Adirondack at 7:00 p.m.
- Pink in the Rink Night on Sat., Feb. 9 vs. Brampton at 7:00 p.m.
- American Cancer Society Night on Sat., Mar. 23 vs. St. John’s at 7:00 p.m.

2018-19 season tickets now available
Top full-season benefits include: exclusive Reading Hockey Club per seat gift, discounted rate off regular ticket prices, ticket exchange, preseason meet and greet, exclusive season ticket holder events, advanced entry and a chance to win and the Royals Owner’s Suite for a game. Call 610-898-7825 and visit to join the Royals family or renew season tickets for the 2018-19 season. Visit royalshockey.com/tickets/season-tickets to learn more.

Growlers

Go Growlers!
Dec 9, 2017
Atlanta posted the same thing on Twitter. So I think your correct.

1z2m4yd.png

Neill99

Oct 30, 2006
I have question about the schedule if the St.John's team is going to be the Newfoundland Growlers why does the schedule list them as St.John's?,

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I don't know why they include Orlando in these schedule releases. At least 15% of their game dates will change by the time the season starts. :facepalm:

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
I have question about the schedule if the St.John's team is going to be the Newfoundland Growlers why does the schedule list them as St.John's?,

They haven't officially announced the name yet, so the schedule currently shows the city the team will play in. The ECHL website will of course change to the correct name once it's announced.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad