Prospect Info: 17th Overall - Lukas Reichel

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Zero question about it, this team could absolutely use a player like Mercer.
Sure, but it's not a huge issue that we didn't get him either. I'm sure his PPG would be lower these last couple seasons if he were on the Hawks.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
To be fair Dawson mercer is on a team with prime Jack Hughes and Nico Hischier

I'd still prefer Mercer. Reichel is looking like a bust every game he plays

BHawks77

Mar 22, 2023
Forsling looked like shit when Hawks gave up on him... Look how that turned out! Just saying.

BHawks77

Mar 22, 2023
But getting Forsling from VAN only cost us Adam Clendening
Hawks already drafted Reichel and we arent getting full value back now. Also Reichel showed good things last year so he can play. Development isnt always linear and Reichel is only in his first full NHL season. No need to get rid of him yet. not every player is success right away just like Forsling. Forsling also showed flashes of what he could be before he was traded.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
The same people who dissed Kurashev diss Reichel. I believe Reichel can put up similar offensive numbers. The question is whether they can do it in a winning way, But, there's speed, skill and vision in Reichel and some coach will tap it eventually.

Reactions: Giovi

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Forsling looked like shit when Hawks gave up on him... Look how that turned out! Just saying.
No he didn't. Well under JC I suppose..but under Q he was used in top shutdown roles and getting good results a lot

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
I'm not going to say anything because LR strikes me as a good person and I want him to succeed! If you read these comments LR get a junkyard dog over the offseason and add an aspect to your game based on your experiences with said dog!

The same people who dissed Kurashev diss Reichel. I believe Reichel can put up similar offensive numbers. The question is whether they can do it in a winning way, But, there's speed, skill and vision in Reichel and some coach will tap it eventually.
I think Reichel has more tools than Kurashev.

Reactions: Pez68

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
There's just absolutely no reason to rush making a decision on him. He's cheap, and will remain cheap for a while. If he suddenly figures it out, that's a good depth piece, at the very least.
This is absolutely true. Regardless how I feel about him, or others feel about him, we definitely should be bringing him back for cheap. Zero reason to rush.

BHawks77

Mar 22, 2023
No he didn't. Well under JC I suppose..but under Q he was used in top shutdown roles and getting good results a lot
Like I said in later post he did show flashes of better play, should have said at first he showed better until he hit a wall.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
This is absolutely true. Regardless how I feel about him, or others feel about him, we definitely should be bringing him back for cheap. Zero reason to rush.
I don't want to trade him. Give him a cheap 3 year deal over the offseason, nothing to lose there but he doesn't look like a successful NHLer to me. I'm not expecting him to blossom into anything very valuable going forward.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I don't want to trade him. Give him a cheap 3 year deal over the offseason, nothing to lose there but he doesn't look like a successful NHLer to me. I'm not expecting him to blossom into anything very valuable going forward.
Yeah, It’s the decision making that’s the most alarming to me.

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
There's hope that his poor decision making is a result from shot confidence. But, in turn, that can also be a sign he's a bit more delicate. Neither are good signs, but he's got plenty of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad