23. TB - Ty Rattie, W

24. Toronto - Alexander Khokhlachev, C

25. Detroit - Rickard Rakell, W

26. San Jose - Nicklas Jensen, W

27. Pittsburgh - Tyler Biggs, W

28. Toronto - Joe Morrow, D

29. Washinton - Matt Puempel, W

30. Vancouver - David Musil, D

Critique all you like, make me see the light.

Last edited:

Nordekes

Feb 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I would be ecstatic if Biggs falls to Pittsburgh. Absolutely thrilled.

Your draft is the highest I've seen Danault selected, but I agree he will go in the first round, and it could very well be before Pittsburgh picks at 26. He's my early dark horse hopeful this year (I was on the Beau Bennett bandwagon long before the Pens picked him :nod:)

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
9. Boston - Sven Baertschi, W

IMO Boston is done drafting smaller forwards for a little bit.

They have Marchand on the roster already and two solid prospects in Spooner (5'10) and Knight (5'11) they just drafted last year.

IMO if Beaulieu is still on the board at 9th the Bruins go with him.

Lord Stanley

Revoluccion Leader
Feb 24, 2003
In your head
revoluccionsoup.sauna.ca
I don't think the Leafs would let Puempel get past them at 24. In my opinion Burke would select a North American before the Russian. Not to mention had Puempel been healthy all year we are probably talking about him possibly inside the top 10 or 15. I could still see him going around 15 if teams aren't afraid of the hip injury.

17Kurri

Apr 10, 2010
I would be ecstatic if Biggs falls to Pittsburgh. Absolutely thrilled.

Your draft is the highest I've seen Danault selected, but I agree he will go in the first round, and it could very well be before Pittsburgh picks at 26. He's my early dark horse hopeful this year (I was on the Beau Bennett bandwagon long before the Pens picked him :nod:)

Biggs' stock has come tumbling down since the beginning of the season, so good chance your Pens get him, imo.

As for Danault, Montreal seemingly tends to go with American and Quebecois players, and I think it's a Quebecois' turn. :D

They have Marchand on the roster already and two solid prospects in Spooner (5'10) and Knight (5'11) they just drafted last year.

You might be right, but Baertschi's got all the tools they desire on the wing. I don't think they'll go with a dman.

I don't think the Leafs would let Puempel get past them at 24. In my opinion Burke would select a North American before the Russian. Not to mention had Puempel been healthy all year we are probably talking about him possibly inside the top 10 or 15. I could still see him going around 15 if teams aren't afraid of the hip injury.

I think a lot of team's will be scared off by Puempel's relatively serious injury, including TML, but I think a contender that can take a risk, like Washington, is more likely to discount the injury in favour of the potential/skillset.

Leafssss

Jun 23, 2010
CANADA
Jurco before Armia? OK. Goodluck.
Larsson 4th? Nope.
As a Toronto fan, based on your draft, I take two of: Kokhlachev, Puempel, Musil, Biggs and possibly try to move up to get Armia if thats where you believe he will be chosen (Higher first + Philly 3rd)

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I think a lot of team's will be scared off by Puempel's relatively serious injury, including TML, but I think a contender that can take a risk, like Washington, is more likely to discount the injury in favour of the potential/skillset.
You might be right on this. Though I do think teams like the Leafs with multiple first round picks will be willing to take the gamble on him with one of them. Possible that teams might get scared off, but I just think some will look at the draft and think it's worth picking him.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
I think Bruins take big power forward Zibanejad before Bartschi

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
Colorado will take siemens, and minnesota will take armia, and boston will take whoever is available out of murphy, belieau, and hamilton

17Kurri

Apr 10, 2010
Jurco before Armia? OK. Goodluck.
Larsson 4th? Nope.
As a Toronto fan, based on your draft, I take two of: Kokhlachev, Puempel, Musil, Biggs and possibly try to move up to get Armia if thats where you believe he will be chosen (Higher first + Philly 3rd)

Armia's a floater (draft position wise), imo, and could go anywhere from 10-30 under various circumstances. I have Jurco before because I believe that he has better tools than Armia, although perhaps not by much.

And I could definitely see Toronto doing what you say, but I do think they'll take one forward and one dman if they keep those picks.

You might be right on this. Though I do think teams like the Leafs with multiple first round picks will be willing to take the gamble on him with one of them. Possible that teams might get scared off, but I just think some will look at the draft and think it's worth picking him.

Puempel is very intriguing, and if not for his injury, would probably have been a top 10 pick this draft. Maybe he doesn't take a tumble, just like Connolly didn't take a tumble last year after his injury. Who knows, maybe he doesn't tumble at all, and a team takes him in the 8-12 range still.

That's totally plausible, I suppose, but will they go the centre route again, knowing they need natural wingers to work with?

Colorado will take siemens, and minnesota will take armia, and boston will take whoever is available out of murphy, belieau, and hamilton

You're guesses are as good as mine, no doubt. ;)

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Chicago won't use a first on a goaltender, they didn't last year when they could have had Visentin or Pickard.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
I love Thomas Jurco but he won't get pick in the 1st round and should be a early and even fall like Galiev. Galiev was rank like Jurco and got pick in the 3rd round by Washington. Also Minny won't let Armia pass them since they love Fins and he's the next Selanne !!!

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Peumpel and Biggs wont fall that far

Why not? In most mock draft Puempel is in the 20 something and biggs from 15 to 25th. I really don t like Tyler Biggs and hope that detroit doesn't try to get him even if they can pick him up. Dislike the guy.

bbad

Feb 16, 2004
I feel the Oilers would have to take a long look at Puempel at 19. As I put in another thread the last time we has a pure goal scorer at around that pick we got Eberle. Puepel is both bigger and a better skater at the same age, but Eberle has such strong character and hockey sense.

This draft will have a lot of off the board prospects and surprises so it should be a fun draft.

This isn't an english class, and everyone should be able to contribute without being bashed. Show some class people at least he put his stuff out there. Great work, I disagree with a few things but I'm no more of a draft expert than anyone else here.

Scheifele would be a guy I'd look at at 19, first year in the OHL, 6' 3, 175 Centre and well over a point per game. Exploded for goals a the U18's and looks like a potential top 2 line centre.

Pual Statsny

Overpaid, overrated
Jul 22, 2010
Awesometown

Spooner but I hardly know 'er!

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Spooner but I hardly know 'er!

:laugh: Not bad.

Still the best Spooner quote I've ever read on this site and it still makes me laugh.

Wheeler, Ryder, Spooner sounds like a date night how-to. :naughty:

/back to your regularly scheduled thread

If Spooner ends up with Knight, doesn't it make you wonder whether the idea for the trade request originated entirely with Spooner? That's such a nice little end result - two highly-regarded Bruins prospects playing together on a contending team. Not that it matters much, but it's still a thing that makes me go hmmmmmmmm.

That said. If Hamilton and Murphy are off the board I'd assume it would be a coin flip between Chia drafting BPA IE Mika (They do like big, hard hitting, forwards) McNeill or Schiefele. Or take the next best D prospects in Siemens or Beaulieu.

I don't mind Sven. It's just I don't see room for him in our top-6 anytime in the near future and he's a player that if he doesn't make the a team's top-6 probably will have a hard time sticking on an NHL roster.

17Kurri

Apr 10, 2010

You're probably right, as long as there's a belief that there will be no follow up or lingering effects of his injury. Talent wise, he's a top 10 pick, maybe even top 5.

That seems to be a common belief among Bruins fans, so I can defer to your wisdom of your own team, although I think they seriously have to think about upgrading their wing depth with the likes of Baertschi.

Chicago won't use a first on a goaltender, they didn't last year when they could have had Visentin or Pickard.

I just have a feeling. C. Gibson is really, really good and the overall perceived value of this draft in comparison to last year's draft may convince some teams to go with a goalie over a skater.

I love Thomas Jurco but he won't get pick in the 1st round and should be a early and even fall like Galiev. Galiev was rank like Jurco and got pick in the 3rd round by Washington. Also Minny won't let Armia pass them since they love Fins and he's the next Selanne !!!

I think Jurco is a notch above Galiev, but I wouldn't be surprised if he drops to the 2nd round, although I don't think he'll drop as far as the 3rd round.

As for Armia, I think he gets a bit lost in the shuffle and ends up dropping to the 20th pick range. As far as comparing him to Selanne, I wouldn't agree, as Armia is more rough and tumble and Selanne is more finesse, imo.

Peumpel and Biggs wont fall that far

Puempel, maybe not, but I'd be very surprised if Biggs doesn't.

I feel the Oilers would have to take a long look at Puempel at 19. As I put in another thread the last time we has a pure goal scorer at around that pick we got Eberle. Puepel is both bigger and a better skater at the same age, but Eberle has such strong character and hockey sense.

This draft will have a lot of off the board prospects and surprises so it should be a fun draft.

This isn't an english class, and everyone should be able to contribute without being bashed. Show some class people at least he put his stuff out there. Great work, I disagree with a few things but I'm no more of a draft expert than anyone else here.

Scheifele would be a guy I'd look at at 19, first year in the OHL, 6' 3, 175 Centre and well over a point per game. Exploded for goals a the U18's and looks like a potential top 2 line centre.

I think we're gonna go C and D heavy in this draft. Only if every top centre and every top dman we want is gone, and Puempel is still on the board, will we take him, imo. That said, if he somehow is sitting there at 31, we'd be pretty foolish not to take him based purely on potential.

Great job Kurri!!

thanks for doing this!!

I appreciate the appreciation, very kind of you.

Ducks take Armia with open arms gleefully.

I'm glad you approve. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad