Prospect Info: 177.overall, RD Gustav Berglund

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Allsvenskan is a good move for him. He needs playing time, but now that he's playing SHL games, the junior level isn't enough.

Doesn't seem like he has a great deal of offensive upside, but I'd love to eat my words.

He was the 177th overall pick. What were you expecting exactly?

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Just got his first Allsvenskan assist under his belt! Long term project but he is slowly working his way up into the men's leagues.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Loaned to Färjestad BK in the SHL. Plans are only for 1 month, could be longer. Reasons are that he wasn't getting enough icetime at Mora. He said he needed a change in scenery.

Seems he might get some games as a bottom pair defender. Not sure if there is a lot of upside, I think he will follow a similar, if not worse trajectory as Lindstrom as a fringe NHL/AHLer.

Stats do not look good, but keep in mind Mora is 2nd to last in the Allsvenskan

Last edited:

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Loaned to Färjestad BK in the SHL. Plans are only for 1 month, could be longer. Reasons are that he wasn't getting enough icetime at Mora. He said he needed a change in scenery.

Seems he might get some games as a bottom pair defender. Not sure if there is a lot of upside, I think he will follow a similar, if not worse trajectory as Lindstrom as a fringe NHL/AHLer.

Stats do not look good, but keep in mind Mora is 2nd to last in the Allsvenskan
This is quite unusual, to go up a league to get more ice time. He hasn't played at all with Mora for a while now, I wonder if there was something going on in the background because early in the season before being scratched he was doing pretty well.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
This is quite unusual, to go up a league to get more ice time. He hasn't played at all with Mora for a while now, I wonder if there was something going on in the background because early in the season before being scratched he was doing pretty well.

Yeah weird. My first thought was maybe he is homesick? Karlstad is around 3 hours closer to his hometown than Mora. But Sweden is not that large and he has played in Vasteras and Gothenburg, not insanely close to his hometown. Mora is quite a bit away, so maybe there is more...

Mora is looking to evaluate the team and their vision, maybe they just did not see him as a future piece of the team. Or Gustav just demanded more ice time or else he would leave... So many ways to go.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Reason is also that Färjestad has some defensive problems+injuries and losing Nyström to WJC.
Berglund should get some looks which will be a nice opportunity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad