Prospect Info: 177.overall, RD Gustav Berglund

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Draper said he is a “physical specimen”, FWIW

Hakan said he came on really strong over the 2nd half of the year.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
This actually may be the sleeper of the draft for the Wings. Reading a little about him found that he had trouble mid-year when he relocated to Frolunda. He got out of his training routine and lost weight. He improved when the coaching staff got him back on a healthy routine. Not much is known about this guy because scouts didn't pay much attention to him. Could be a Hakan sleeper.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I was watching a Söderblom shift-by-shift from September (SuperElit), and spotted this cage-headed d-man deking 2-3 forwards along the blueline. Had to check the jersey # and it ended up being Berglund. Could have been just a lucky sequence of course but definitely made me want to watch some of his U18 games in the next few days.

Reactions: Frk It

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I was watching a Söderblom shift-by-shift from September (SuperElit), and spotted this cage-headed d-man deking 2-3 forwards along the blueline. Had to check the jersey # and it ended up being Berglund. Could have been just a lucky sequence of course but definitely made me want to watch some of his U18 games in the next few days.

Chad, how big is the difference between the U20 and U18 circuits in Sweden?

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Chad, how big is the difference between the U20 and U18 circuits in Sweden?
It's quite significant, basically any kids with draft consideration should be able to and do generally play in the SuperElit. But in some cases a kid might be in a strong organization like Frölunda and the U18 team is best for his ice time.

You can go back and look at how some guys produce when splitting the season between J18 and J20. It's also important to notice that at both levels in the second half of the season the league splits into two levels, so that can actually be a good way to analyze a kid's production against better/worse competition depending on how his team does.

Last edited:
Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

hockeyisthegame

Oct 28, 2016
This actually may be the sleeper of the draft for the Wings. Reading a little about him found that he had trouble mid-year when he relocated to Frolunda. He got out of his training routine and lost weight. He improved when the coaching staff got him back on a healthy routine. Not much is known about this guy because scouts didn't pay much attention to him. Could be a Hakan sleeper.

From instagram, nice goal in game vs Djurgården, end of last season.

Reactions: NEWing

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Had not seen this quote from Hakan:

Quotable III: "Gustav Berglund also is very talented. He's along the lines of Albert Johansson, he's bigger, I think he's close to 6-3. He's been on the Sweden under-17 team. Didn't get picked this year because he had a rough start. He moved to Frölunda and had a tough time living on his own. He didn't eat properly, he was tired, didn't train as hard. They had to straighten him out a little bit halfway through the season, but after that the coach said that he's the most improved player on Frölunda, the junior team. So they have really high hopes for him. They don't think they have anybody that talented in that organization on defense. I'm hoping within a year or so he's going to challenge for a spot on the Swedish World Junior team. That's the first step." -- Andersson

By the Numbers Prospects: Albert Johansson and Gustav Berglund

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Had not seen this quote from Hakan:

Quotable III: "Gustav Berglund also is very talented. He's along the lines of Albert Johansson, he's bigger, I think he's close to 6-3. He's been on the Sweden under-17 team. Didn't get picked this year because he had a rough start. He moved to Frölunda and had a tough time living on his own. He didn't eat properly, he was tired, didn't train as hard. They had to straighten him out a little bit halfway through the season, but after that the coach said that he's the most improved player on Frölunda, the junior team. So they have really high hopes for him. They don't think they have anybody that talented in that organization on defense. I'm hoping within a year or so he's going to challenge for a spot on the Swedish World Junior team. That's the first step." -- Andersson

By the Numbers Prospects: Albert Johansson and Gustav Berglund
he looked good at development camp .

Reactions: VelenoLikeAFeleno

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
i was always against the holland dman design . were finally building a defense with tall long reached agile dmen that can cover alot of area in their own end and center ice which is a dmans most important job along with handling puck in own end , making succesful passes instead of turnovers . everything else is secondary .

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Will play for Vasteras next season in the Allsvenskan, the 2nd pro league of Sweden. I am excited to watch him, he will probably go a similar route as Gustav Lindstrom, a season in the Allsvenskan and then promotion to the SHL at Frolunda.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Will play for Vasteras next season in the Allsvenskan, the 2nd pro league of Sweden. I am excited to watch him, he will probably go a similar route as Gustav Lindstrom, a season in the Allsvenskan and then promotion to the SHL at Frolunda.
Do the Swedish leagues have a definite plan for reopening hockey?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->