Prospect Info: 173rd Overall ( Round 6 ) Cedric Pare (F)

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
DDGhE4OXgAADxEU.jpg:large

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=319958

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don`t "think" this kid`s stats will show much offense but he`s a guy who plays a heavy game, likes to bang/crash.

I`m not sure his skating (at this time) is strong enough yet but there`s time for him. My guess, and it`s a big guess, possible 4th liner

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Stats dont paint the whole picture but they're pretty unimpressive but at the part of the draft anything goes.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
■ Pare (F) — “He’s a developed kid and played well in the Memorial Cup [with St. John, as a teammate of Boston prospect Jakub Zboril]. He has pretty good speed, a lot of energy. I think his skating is undervalued. Over the course of the year, I think he’s picked it up with his skating. His stride has lengthened a little bit. What we liked is his energy and he did score in the Memorial Cup. He had limited minutes, playing on a fourth line, and I think this year he will be one of their top six forwards.â€

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...o-nhl-draft/uz7ZLghFGI3oI3V1HecToO/story.html

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I was really surprised (because he stood out at times) and impressed with him at the Memorial Cup after he had had an underwhelming draft season. The overall body of work (ie. the rest of his season and playoffs that I didn't see) indicates that he won't be much BUT I was impressed with what little I saw from him. Comparable to a Cehlarik --very good pick and value at this point in the draft.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I was really surprised (because he stood out at times) and impressed with him at the Memorial Cup after he had had an underwhelming draft season. The overall body of work (ie. the rest of his season and playoffs that I didn't see) indicates that he won't be much BUT I was impressed with what little I saw from him. Comparable to a Cehlarik --very good pick and value at this point in the draft.

I think it speaks to the kind of game where he`s more effective, physical, usually a bit tighter checking. He seems to like that style from what I`ve seen of him. Honestly, he`s not a kid that I noticed much in the way of dynamic skills when he and the Dogs visited town, but he`s a workhorse of a kid who finishes all checks.

That was a stacked Sea Dogs team, he`ll be moved up in the lineup next season I think where I suspect/hope we`ll see that reflected in his stats. He has decent hands, just wasn`t used much in the games I watched in situations that began in the offensive zone

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Certainly impressive totals but he’s a giant of a man who has been playing juniors for awhile, he really should be tearing it up considering the talent he’s playing with

Is he no longer bruins property or am I mistaken?

Reactions: BruinsNetwork

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Certainly impressive totals but he’s a giant of a man who has been playing juniors for awhile, he really should be tearing it up considering the talent he’s playing with

Is he no longer bruins property or am I mistaken?

I don’t think he’s anybody’s property right now. B’s didn’t sign him, but I believe he attended another team’s training camp? According to CapFriendly, he’s not signed with anyone.

I suppose Boston could approach him, but that seems unlikely.

Reactions: Lo97 and CDJ

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Lmao. I would bet the Leafs fan is trolling here. It's not difficult to figure out he's not a Bruins prospect anymore.

But can't wait for the uproar about letting this kid go from the idiots on this board.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Cant believe he wasn't signed, he'd be 2nd line RW right now. If the math checks out he'd have 10 goals for the Bruins so far this season.

Seriously, good for him. A big season probably gets him a pro contract somewhere.

Nevermind the 2nd line. He should be on the first line with his twin, Patrice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad