GDT: #17| Vancouver Canucks @ New York Islanders | November 13th | 7:00 PM | F/W 5-2

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Beau is lost, very lost, camera angles that show him, you can see that the fire in him is out.

Its like when you play a video game and you get off to such a horrible start you end the game and start over. He can't end the season unfortunately.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
He’s going to be getting sent down soon imo. Don’t think there’s a point If playing him there or if there was he didn’t get the message.

He may very well be sent down, but to criticize him for not being "noticeable" in a game where he barely played and was playing with fourth liners is just dumb. Put any top six player other than Barzal in that spot and they won't be noticeable either. There just isn't enough ice time or talent there.

Reactions: MattMartin

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
The amount of immediate chemistry Kuhnhackl had with Filppula and Komarov was interesting. He’s definitely a better fit there than Beauvillier right now at the very least.

I think when Martin comes back, there’s a chance they send Beauvillier down, depending on how serious Ladd’s injury is.

Lee-Nelson-Bailey
Ladd-Barzal-Eberle
Kuhnhackl-Filppula-Komarov
Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

crasherino

May 9, 2013
He may very well be sent down, but to criticize him for not being "noticeable" in a game where he barely played and was playing with fourth liners is just dumb. Put any top six player other than Barzal in that spot and they won't be noticeable either. There just isn't enough ice time or talent there.

If Trotz is going to relegate him to under 8 minutes of ice time, he might as well send him down for a bit. He's not going to figure out his shit under those limited opportunities - why not send him down, bring up MDC (who's earned it) and see what happens. If MDC kills it up here, we've got a real good problem on our hands.

MooseKnuckle isn't going to be the reason that Tito won't be back with the big club eventually. Give him two weekends of games with BP and see what happens.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Would love to give Bellows a shot at that 2nd line., no better time than now. Need a shooting LW for that line and who better than him may i ask?

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
The amount of immediate chemistry Kuhnhackl had with Filppula and Komarov was interesting. He’s definitely a better fit there than Beauvillier right now at the very least.

I think when Martin comes back, there’s a chance they send Beauvillier down, depending on how serious Ladd’s injury is.

Lee-Nelson-Bailey
Ladd-Barzal-Eberle
Kuhnhackl-Filppula-Komarov
Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck
Is Beau still waiver exempt? If not, there’s no way he makes it through.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
If Trotz is going to relegate him to under 8 minutes of ice time, he might as well send him down for a bit. He's not going to figure out his **** under those limited opportunities - why not send him down, bring up MDC (who's earned it) and see what happens. If MDC kills it up here, we've got a real good problem on our hands.

MooseKnuckle isn't going to be the reason that Tito won't be back with the big club eventually. Give him two weekends of games with BP and see what happens.

Beauvillier’s issues to me seem to be more from losing battles and getting rubbed out with the puck than anything else.

Two weekends of games isn’t going to magically make him stronger.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Beauvillier’s issues to me seem to be more from losing battles and getting rubbed out with the puck than anything else.

Two weekends of games isn’t going to magically make him stronger.
I don't think its just that. He wasn't any stronger the second half of the season last year and he was playing well. There's no doubt that developing his man strength will help him, but playing with confidence breeds assertiveness. And that is just as important in winning battles. More than anything, he may just need a reset - clear his head, take a quick break and start over. It worked for him last year - hopefully it does again. The alternative is what? Making him a healthy scratch until he gets stronger? That's not helping anyone.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Depending on the severity of Ladd's injury Beau may have bought a stay of execution.

If I were making the decisions I'd send Beauvillier down today. Giving Beau limited 4th line minutes isn't going to help him up here. He's not contributing. Kuhnackl steps in, contributes, and when Ladd gets hurt it's Kuhnackl who finds himself on the power play filling Ladd's spot.

We have to get passed the thought of "why are we sitting a more talented player who is not contributing in favor of a less talented player, play the guy with more upside because he MIGHT start playing better". If the more talented player isn't contributing he shouldn't play. That's accountability.

Send Beauvillier down and call up Dal Colle.

Reactions: Hunn and PWJunior

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Been out of the loop for a little bit and only saw the Ovechkuhnackl goal lol.

Did we look as good as a 5-2 score line looks?

Edit- any line changes / injuries happen?

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Depending on the severity of Ladd's injury Beau may have bought a stay of execution.

If I were making the decisions I'd send Beauvillier down today. Giving Beau limited 4th line minutes isn't going to help him up here. He's not contributing. Kuhnackl steps in, contributes, and when Ladd gets hurt it's Kuhnackl who finds himself on the power play filling Ladd's spot.

We have to get passed the thought of "why are we sitting a more talented player who is not contributing in favor of a less talented player, play the guy with more upside because he MIGHT start playing better". If the more talented player isn't contributing he shouldn't play. That's accountability.

Send Beauvillier down and call up Dal Colle.

This seems like a no-brainer. This staff is experienced enough to have a talk with him, lay out what he needs to do and assure him that his spot is available once he figures things out. And with MDC, give him the chance to build his confidence with a promotion. Best thing that could happen is that he plays his way on to the team to the point that we can't send him back. What a great problem to have. And then in 2 weeks, when Tito makes his way back, we have another guy who can play middle 6 minutes who can put the puck in the net.

We'll see where we are with Ladd, but gives them a perfect opportunity to make some changes.

I'm guessing Ladd is out on Thursday. AB goes back to Barzal's line for one more game, Kuhnackl skates with Uncle Leo and Val and Ross skates on Cizikas's wing. And we see a Ross v. Cody tilt in the first 5 minutes of the game.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
This seems like a no-brainer. This staff is experienced enough to have a talk with him, lay out what he needs to do and assure him that his spot is available once he figures things out. And with MDC, give him the chance to build his confidence with a promotion. Best thing that could happen is that he plays his way on to the team to the point that we can't send him back. What a great problem to have. And then in 2 weeks, when Tito makes his way back, we have another guy who can play middle 6 minutes who can put the puck in the net.

We'll see where we are with Ladd, but gives them a perfect opportunity to make some changes.

I'm guessing Ladd is out on Thursday. AB goes back to Barzal's line for one more game, Kuhnackl skates with Uncle Leo and Val and Ross skates on Cizikas's wing. And we see a Ross v. Cody tilt in the first 5 minutes of the game.
I thought Knuckles looked good with Flip and Leo. I liked Clutterbuck's goal - as I said, the PP needs a hard slot presence, instead of five ballet dancers on the outside.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I don't think its just that. He wasn't any stronger the second half of the season last year and he was playing well. There's no doubt that developing his man strength will help him, but playing with confidence breeds assertiveness. And that is just as important in winning battles. More than anything, he may just need a reset - clear his head, take a quick break and start over. It worked for him last year - hopefully it does again. The alternative is what? Making him a healthy scratch until he gets stronger? That's not helping anyone.

I tend to hold less weight in rookie performances than most, especially after Strome completely dropped off the face of the planet when he failed to get faster and stronger.

I’m not saying Beauvillier = Strome, but both were weak on their skates here and neither have the size or speed to overcome that (at least right now).

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I thought Knuckles looked good with Flip and Leo. I liked Clutterbuck's goal - as I said, the PP needs a hard slot presence, instead of five ballet dancers on the outside.

Cal looked good in the high slot there. To me though, that unit looked liked it took half the ice out of play. With Barzal on the right side half boards, the defense could totally cheat to that side as they knew they were running it between Barzy and the point. and with him being a RH shot, the cross ice saucer pass is pretty much out of the equation.

They'll work on it though - its still new.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Cal looked good in the high slot there. To me though, that unit looked liked it took half the ice out of play. With Barzal on the right side half boards, the defense could totally cheat to that side as they knew they were running it between Barzy and the point. and with him being a RH shot, the cross ice saucer pass is pretty much out of the equation.

They'll work on it though - its still new.
They seem to spend a lot of time with two players beside the net, two on the half boards, and one on the blueline. Without a real shooter like Ovechkin, Matthews, or Laine, you need to score, or at least screen, from the slot. Without the net front presence, a shot from the point is easily seen, and a cross ice pass is easily cut off .

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Thursday’s game quickly became a battle for 2nd in the Metro!

Hopefully Barzal can build off his strong performance last night and lead the way against NYR.

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018
Thoughts on Sbisa last night?
People have gotten it in their heads that Sbisa sucks and therefore they will never be objective about his play. Is he a marginal NHL player? Yes. Does he play like it most of the time? Yes. Was he horrible last night? No.

MIK55

Jul 4, 2018
1st game of the year for me. With my cousin who is a Canucks fan.
Hope he was wearing a Canucks jersey. My daughter is a Rags fan (don't ask) and beating them with her sitting to my left the last three years at the Barclays Center has made what was already a joy into something truly amazing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad