Post-Game Talk: #17| New York Islanders @ Pittsburgh Penguins | February 20th | 7:00 PM | F/L 3-2

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
Shit, you're right. Someone call up scott and tell him to get to work on the draft thread.

I wonder how many posters here reset the game when they give up the first goal playing NHL '21?
Right? Stop playing rookie mode Man up and play Pro ffs.. sheesh! Challenge yourself!

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
We’re in 5th place with a losing record, 6th place in point percentage. I’m not one of those “let’s blow it up” guys after every loss, but let’s not act like the people complaining is some crazy overreaction.

I think that's exactly what they're doing. Everything is so close, and it's not like they haven't been giving good efforts. They win one of the last two, and we're not even having this conversation.

They've also played 12 of their first 17 games on the road. They'll be going home where they're currently 4-0-1 for 9 of their next 10. It's simply too early to start the hand wringing.

Last edited:

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
I think that's exactly what they're doing. Everything is so close, and it's not like they haven't been giving good efforts. They win one of the last two, and we're not even having this conversation.
I think there’s a couple things here: one, which I already mentioned, is that the team is definitely struggling (whether or not the game tonight was close) and people have a right to complain.

Two, I think most here are aware that there are a select few posters who use the GDT to vent after a loss, including the one you quoted. We all know he says the same thing after every loss, might as well just let him have his time to vent after a brutal loss y’know :laugh:

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
We’re in 5th place with a losing record, 6th place in point percentage. I’m not one of those “let’s blow it up” guys after every loss, but let’s not act like the people complaining is some crazy overreaction.

Simply saying “we’re tied for 2nd, stop complaining” is a disingenuous way of looking at things.
This is how it’s going to be the east is the best division in league with really eight good teams and being where they are right now is not a bad thing. It’s coming down to game 56 perhaps for everything from winning division to making the playoffs.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
:laugh:
I think there’s a couple things here: one, which I already mentioned, is that the team is definitely struggling (whether or not the game tonight was close) and people have a right to complain.

Two, I think most here are aware that there are a select few posters who use the GDT to vent after a loss, including the one you quoted. We all know he says the same thing after every loss, might as well just let him have his time to vent after a brutal loss y’know :laugh:

You seem like a very understanding person. Maybe I'm not as tolerant of other people's nonsense. :laugh:

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
This is how it’s going to be the east is the best division in league with really eight good teams and being where they are right now is not a bad thing. It’s coming down to game 56 perhaps for everything from winning division to making the playoffs.

I edited my prior post to add this, but I'll post here again in case others missed it.

They've also played 12 of their first 17 games on the road. They'll be going home where they're currently 4-0-1 for 9 of their next 10. It's simply too early to start the hand wringing.

Reactions: danteipp

TMI

Dec 15, 2019
I think the Henny Penny's are overlooking the fact that we've played 12 of our first 17 on the road, as well. Record's pretty good in my eyes considering we've only played 5 so far at home. Nice little run coming up, 9 of next 10 at Nassau. Should make a difference.

If you don't agree, that's fine. Just keep dodging those acorns.

Reactions: Strummergas

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
I think the Henny Penny's are overlooking the fact that we've played 12 of our first 17 on the road, as well. Record's pretty good in my eyes considering we've only played 5 so far at home. Nice little run coming up, 9 of next 10 at Nassau. Should make a difference.

If you don't agree, that's fine. Just keep dodging those acorns.
Definitely. But by same token we've left some points on road that could have really set us up.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I edited my prior post to add this, but I'll post here again in case others missed it.

Maybe that will help I’m not sure about home ice with no fans but just being home and not traveling I guess is a little advantage. It’s about putting puck in the net with this group, when they get to 3 goals they win probably 90 percent of the games it is what it really comes down too.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Definitely. But by same token we've left some points on road that could have really set us up.
The points lost are tough but honestly I think that’s only really two bad ones, the game in Washington and the first penguin game. I don’t know if you can bank anything tonight considering they gave up the go ahead goal with 7 mins to go and had a power play to try and tie it.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Maybe that will help I’m not sure about home ice with no fans but just being home and not traveling I guess is a little advantage. It’s about putting puck in the net with this group, when they get to 3 goals they win probably 90 percent of the games it is what it really comes down too.

Home ice seem to be a good thing so far this season, albeit based on a very small sample. But playing at home has definitely been a good thing for this team for the last few seasons, so let's hope it's more about sleeping in their own beds every night than it is about fan energy.

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Oddly enough, we’re struggling against all three teams we’ve manhandled in the playoffs recently.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Home ice seem to be a good thing so far this season, albeit based on a very small sample. But playing at home has definitely been a good thing for this team for the last few seasons, so let's hope it's more about sleeping in their own beds every night than it is about fan energy.
Yeah I’d imagine with the COVID protocols being home is a lot easier in a lot of ways.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Oddly enough, we’re struggling against all three teams we’ve manhandled in the playoffs recently.
The funny thing is in all the losses this year other than ranger game they probably could have won those games. It’s such a parity league right now and it’s razor thin margin, score three goals for this group and they are going to win most of those games or at least get point.

Green

Nov 13, 2019

last years playoffs should not be an indication of a reality as I am sure certain teams did not take it really seriously

Green

Nov 13, 2019
I don’t believe any of the teams didn’t want to be in bubble and thus didn’t give full effort to try and win.
well it was reported guys on the Capitals were treating it like a vacation, as said it does not surprise me teams like the Penguins, Blues, Capitals all knocked out early as they had won Cups recently and I am guessing they didn't really care to sit in a hotel for 2 months and give it 110% like a team hungry to win a Cup has to do

The Athletic’s Michael Russo says the Capitals turned their bubble experience into a vacation: ‘They had no interest in being there’

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
well it was reported guys on the Capitals were treating it like a vacation, as said it does not surprise me teams like the Penguins, Blues, Capitals all knocked out early as they had won Cups recently and I am guessing they didn't really care to sit in a hotel for 2 months and give it 110% like a team hungry to win a Cup has to do

The Athletic’s Michael Russo says the Capitals turned their bubble experience into a vacation: ‘They had no interest in being there’
Perhaps and that could have been why Reirden was fired because if I was owner I’d be pretty upset and for the six teams that didn’t get to go I would have been pretty pissed also.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad