Post-Game Talk: #17| New York Islanders @ Pittsburgh Penguins | February 20th | 7:00 PM | F/L 3-2

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Since Beauvillier has come back into the lineup, we won 1 game against Buffalo and lose 2 to Pittsburgh. He has zero goals and 2 assists in 8 games. What happened to the guy from the playoffs last year. He looks utterly useless.
Thought he played better tonight. Beau has been a streaky player he will get hot again. Not worried about him.

NittanyIsle

Feb 16, 2013
The Penguins are and were extremely lucky tonight. They stole those points and they know it.

I'm not sure what to say about the finishing. It has been an issue under Trotz, but not to this level. Our past 5 outings have been 2-3-2-1-2. We score 1 more goal a night and we're a Cup contender.

Pulock not scoring is a big time issue.

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
I could do with some luck at moment. Feels like I can't take a trick and that game didn't help

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Sometimes you can do everything right and it still turns to shit.

We just played a hell of a game for ourselves. Nothing to hang our heads ove.
Well said, this is a subtle change also, but the Hextall and Burke additions for whatever reason seems to have shifted the puck luck. Isles had over the Pens number since Trotz and Lou era began. Now it seems the Pens have our number. Got to get it back.

Reactions: MJF

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Anyone else pissed that Wahlstrom sat out nearly the whole last 5 minutes before nearly making the last play?
He has Trotz's trust, I don't mean to compare him to Tom Wilson, but when a young player gets his trust. He uses them. Dobson is another example. He had chances, now he just has to FINISH them. This was a night of not finishing. Barzal was all over the ice and net, but had nothing to show for it. Got to close the deal on those. Frustrating, but when you don't finish, you don't deserve 2.

Reactions: BarzyClub and MJF

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
He had a fine game tonight. The puck was on his stick all night. Glad to see Wahl-E earned the coach’s trust.
Agree. Just haven’t seen a young player who’s expected to be a scorer ( sorry MDC) earn that trust from coach.

Somewhere in PPG arena Barry’s eye is twitching with joy...

Reactions: MJF

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
4 way tie for 2nd place with 19 points. But, I know, they lost 2 in a row, so we should start planning for the future.
We’re in 5th place with a losing record, 6th place in point percentage. I’m not one of those “let’s blow it up” guys after every loss, but let’s not act like the people complaining is some crazy overreaction.

Simply saying “we’re tied for 2nd, stop complaining” is a disingenuous way of looking at things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->