GDT: [#17] Colorado Avalanche at Dallas Stars, 7:30PM CST (FS-SW, ESPN+)

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Why do you care so much about what other people do with their time and money?
Because when people leave early they hurt the atmosphere in the arena (especially during a win) and most people are assholes and will get up in the middle of play while you're trying to watch intense/desperate final 4 min hockey.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Why do you care so much about what other people do with their time and money?

Because I want my team to be motivated and win hockey games.

But when your HOME CROWD TEAM clears out with 5 minutes left in the game, and the team doesn't get fan support.. whats the incentive to give a little extra for the home crowd?

If you were a player who just won a 4-1 game and your "fans" cleared out with no cheering.. no thanks.. you would be happy with that?

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
damn.. faksa looks like a warrior in the postgame interview
#sellhigh

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
2 weeks all from a play he was forcing entry because that PP unit couldn't do anything to get in the zone so he thought he was superman it with 4 players standing on the line. Shitty.

Reactions: The Tourist

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Because when people leave early they hurt the atmosphere in the arena (especially during a win) and most people are *******s and will get up in the middle of play while you're trying to watch intense/desperate final 4 min hockey.

We're at game 17 of the season. It's 4-1. I don't think the atmosphere mattered at all here.

But when your HOME CROWD TEAM clears out with 5 minutes left in the game, and the team doesn't get fan support.. whats the incentive to give a little extra for the home crowd?

If you were a player who just won a 4-1 game and your "fans" cleared out with no cheering.. no thanks.. you would be happy with that?

I probably wouldn't give a shit, assuming I even noticed. The last thing on my mind whenever I played was who all was there, whether it was busy or totally empty. Especially at the end of a game, regardless of the outcome.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Sucks for him, but maybe this is a blessing in disguise. Hopefully he takes a critical look at his game so far this season during his time off. He absolutely needs to.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas

This is 100% looking for something to complain about. The team’s good again. Be happy.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
See.. Stars fans complain about leaving early to get home for bed..

But then they complain they want later starts because getting to the game for 7:00 is impossible..

How about you stop making stupid excuses, fill up the arena before the game starts and stay until the horn goes and support your team.

How about you stop whining over stupid shit instead

cizko

Feb 10, 2009
So what is the reason for such a change in play and results? Players started to care, system change, Todd Nelson's role change?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
So what is the reason for such a change in play and results? Players started to care, system change, Todd Nelson's role change?

Probably a bunch of stuff, including what you mentioned. I think building some chemistry helped as well.

I think it's a stupid argument because these are professional athletes, but they did have a rough start to the schedule. Bunch of strong teams, a lot of travel, not many days off. They're getting more time at home, more time off, easier/injured opponents, etc. Actually practicing now has to be helping too.

At this point, it's like they've finally reached a reset point by hitting .500. Now they need to continue this. .600 hockey is probably the minimum we need to not have to fight for a playoff spot in the last few games of the season. This team is absolutely capable of that, as we're seeing, it's just a matter of them actually performing that way.

I am interested to see what role Zubov has, if any. The guy is a PP wizard and has the potential to single-handedly resurrect that portion of our game. Toss Nelson since he's pretty much been demoted anyway and bring him in. Or just leave Nelson up in the press box like he is now.

We probably lose at least one of Nelson, Bowness, and Stevens next offseason anyway.

Reactions: gentleman scholar

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014

But then they complain they want later starts because getting to the game for 7:00 is impossible..

How about you stop making stupid excuses, fill up the arena before the game starts and stay until the horn goes and support your team.
This is ridiculous, come on.
If i buy tickets to the game. I'm supporting the team. regardless if i leave 5mins early or 20. It's not like the money i spent to support the team gets refunded to me if i leave early.
The game was over, i don't know why you care so much about it.
Attendance for the Stars this year is in the top half of the league in terms of numbers and percentage (98%)
This is literally a non-issue, i don't know why you're having such a reaction to it

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Not sure how accurate this is.

Meh, I'd go with the team's assessment for now. They're the ones actually evaluating him and doing more than just watching video.

He's been very wrong several times and seems to mostly be spitballing everything.

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017

How about you stop being a sour bunch of grapes? You rarely post anything positive but love to nitpick.

Anecdote time. I used to live in NYC and the Rangers became my second team. Would go to games at MSG all the time in the old Blueseats - bluecollar guys who've been Rangers fans for decades. 5 min left in the game if the Rangers went up 2 goals or more they'd celebrate, high five their section, and then leave. "LATAH PAULIE" the crowd around would scream. They'd be season ticket holders for decades, everyone in the section knew each other, and half of them were out of there if 5 min were left and the game was 2+ goals in either direction.

Would you say those guys who bled Blue for decades weren't true fans supporting their team?

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
How about you stop being a sour bunch of grapes? You rarely post anything positive but love to nitpick.

Anecdote time. I used to live in NYC and the Rangers became my second team. Would go to games at MSG all the time in the old Blueseats - bluecollar guys who've been Rangers fans for decades. 5 min left in the game if the Rangers went up 2 goals or more they'd celebrate, high five their section, and then leave. "LATAH PAULIE" the crowd around would scream. They'd be season ticket holders for decades, everyone in the section knew each other, and half of them were out of there if 5 min were left and the game was 2+ goals in either direction.

Would you say those guys who bled Blue for decades weren't true fans supporting their team?
whoa now. that's my job

Indianation65

Oct 14, 2014
Currently, North Tex
Umm, first of all, the fans did NOT leave with 5 minutes left in the game.
Some left, but "some" fans in every arena leave a bit before a game ends.

For those fans in the North Dallas/Richardson/Plano/McKinney/Allen areas, they catch the Parker train. It leaves at 10:20. It's the last one until 2 hours later!
If you miss it, you are stuck. I'd surmise many people leave because they have to catch it or else. I ride that train, but I stay until the game ends, then I run!

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
It's a tuesday night and some people have to he up early and beat traffic, which is absolutely awful right now. I stayed the entire time but it's a 4-1 game and the Stars clearly had it in the bag. Most people don't exactly live close to the arena at all

There's still traffic but at least you save 20-30 minutes of time if you leave early. I never would but I can understand why some would in a 4-1 game.
The delays for reviews also had this game end later than usual.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Well I think they’ve re-earned my viewership with that win. My early season rage for this team has subsided.

Go Stars!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->