OT: 17-18 Bruins/NHL Summertime Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
The B`s, at this point, already have their own Methot`s in Quaider and K Miller. If they didn`t have either one of them, I`d be aok with DS trying to get him but no need for him at this point in time.

Sweeney clearly trying to get more mobile, more skilled on the back end via the draft, Methot is neither

I'm fine with

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
OGara-Miller
McQuaid

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
The B`s, at this point, already have their own Methot`s in Quaider and K Miller. If they didn`t have either one of them, I`d be aok with DS trying to get him but no need for him at this point in time.

Sweeney clearly trying to get more mobile, more skilled on the back end via the draft, Methot is neither

The other thing is does anybody really know how good Methot is at this point? I don't mean that as disrespectful to him, but he's playing with the most mobile D on the planet. Someone said earlier that he can play the same role with Klingberg he did with EK.

Maybe?

Except Klingberg is not anywhere near Karlsson, who IMO recovers better than any PMD in the league off the rush. Is Methot still good enough to cover for a less talented partner who is worse defensively (at one point never thought I would say that about EK lol)?? To a certain extent, I'm sure he can, but is what he brings worth the $5m? Maybe it is for DAL, not BOS?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The other thing is does anybody really know how good Methot is at this point? I don't mean that as disrespectful to him, but he's playing with the most mobile D on the planet. Someone said earlier that he can play the same role with Klingberg he did with EK.

Maybe?

Except Klingberg is not anywhere near Karlsson, who IMO recovers better than any PMD in the league off the rush. Is Methot still good enough to cover for a less talented partner who is worse defensively (at one point never thought I would say that about EK lol)?? To a certain extent, I'm sure he can, but is what he brings worth the $5m? Maybe it is for DAL, not BOS?

Great point, Karlsson and his insane speed and skill can sure cover some mistakes. I like Methot, I think he`s a solid 3-4 but we`ll see his true colors soon

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm fine with

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
OGara-Miller
McQuaid

Same.

Fact is, even if they move out Spooner and his arbitration award, this team can most likely afford to add either one expensive F, or one expensive D, but they cannot do both.

I'd prefer the forward all things considered given the way the D looks even without the addition of another capable guy.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
GMGM is an idiot. LV was in position to be somewhat competitive but now nope

Competitive for what, though? Honestly fans should want them to be terrible for a year or two to continue to add young talent high up in the draft. Even with the team they initially drafted they were going to be terrible.

I agree he could've gotten more value back in trades, but wouldn't it be worse to be like the 9th worst team in the league as opposed to the worst? If you're gonna suck, you might as well have a higher chance to win the lottery.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Competitive for what, though? Honestly fans should want them to be terrible for a year or two to continue to add young talent high up in the draft. Even with the team they initially drafted they were going to be terrible.

I agree he could've gotten more value back in trades, but wouldn't it be worse to be like the 9th worst team in the league as opposed to the worst? If you're gonna suck, you might as well have a higher chance to win the lottery.

Someone on the main board suggested McPhee could have really stuck it to Anaheim and Minnesota, but played nice.

That appears to be the case, but then we don't know what kind of collusion goes on between GM's. Had he done that, could there have been a backlash from other GM's when he came calling?

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I'm fine with

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
OGara-Miller
McQuaid

Same for me. But I would still look to trade K.Miller, Move McQuaid into his spot and give the 7D to a cheap UFA or most deserving ELC.

What I mean is I don't want the Bruins to give assets to get a LD like they are talking in the press or sign an overpriced old Daley or something like that.

Bruins have plenty of ELC ready to step in the next few years. They have to have spots open for them or just trade them away.

Focus #1 should be to find a top-6 W to play with Krejci or Bergy. I'm not hearing anything in that reaguard from the brass. Then, just go with what you have and let the plethora pf ELC kids fight for the open roster spots.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

I think I red they will end up with at worst the #3 pick odds for the first few years. Means they could make the playoffs and still get a lottery pick. Anyone remember for how long that is?

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I'm fine with

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
OGara-Miller
McQuaid

I'm not really comfortable with that. I think there's a fair amount of risk asking 2 kids and a guy who hits 41 this season to hold down 3/4 of our top 4.

It's not meant to be a slight to the potential of the kids or what a beast Chara is. But you aren't leaving a lot of room for youth struggles or the fatigue of a long season. Let alone the depth to deal with injuries.

I think you are asking for a lot to go right for next season.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
McDavid closing in on a 106M/8y per TSN. :amazed:

http://www.tsn.ca/live/talent/mcdavid-closing-in-on-massive-contract-extension-1.791267

New bar is set for top-elite players (13.25M). It's no more the 10.5M of Toews+Kane.

No knock on McDavid, but as that deal will bring up the numbers of future deals for other players (Tavares just got that much richer if the McDavid contract is real), the deals for the likes of Marchand and Bergeron look that much better.

Hopefully Pasta's agent isn't looking at this potential McDavid deal and saying "hmmmmmm, my guy should be able to get a bit more now too".

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I'm not really comfortable with that. I think there's a fair amount of risk asking 2 kids and a guy who hits 41 this season to hold down 3/4 of our top 4.

It's not meant to be a slight to the potential of the kids or what a beast Chara is. But you aren't leaving a lot of room for youth struggles or the fatigue of a long season. Let alone the depth to deal with injuries.

I think you are asking for a lot to go right for next season.

Yeah but if you go

Chara-Carlo
krug-Mcquaid
miller-McAvoy

That just doesn't work for me. too slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad