#15-Alexei Toropchenko (65%)
#16-Nolan Stevens (41%)

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Nikolaj Krag-Christensen

Pulling that kind of moves in game. I hope he blossom in Finnish league and to finnish guys. I love him already. Adam Musil and NKC isnt' that far away each others.

Meatwagon

Blues=Overrated
Nov 15, 2010
Bi-polar Express
I'm really interest to see what Bleackley can do. He is a former 1st rounder who flopped in Colorado(nothing new there). But if he can get his game together over the next year or 2, he would be perfect for Berglunds spot at 3c?

Anybody have any recent updates on Connor?

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
I'm really interest to see what Bleackley can do. He is a former 1st rounder who flopped in Colorado(nothing new there). But if he can get his game together over the next year or 2, he would be perfect for Berglunds spot at 3c?

RIP his legwork

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands

It looks to me like he's too slow to play in The NHL. It seems that his skating has never recovered from his serious injuries. I'd put him way down the list.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
It would be between Lindbohm and the goalies. I think Fitzpatrick can possibly be an NHL starter if everything goes right. We're at the point in the list where goalies built-in high risk is no greater than the high risks for the skaters. But, as Lindbohm has already actually played decently on The NHL level at times, I've got to give him the edge.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I've been voting for Kaspick the last two polls. Lindbohm would be my next choice though, so I am fine with him winning here. Kaspick was buried in the Wheat Kings line-up behind Patrick (#2 OA '17 draft), Quenville (#30th '14a draft) and Hawyrluck (#32 '14 draft) when we grabbed him in the 4th. This past year, Patrick was injured, and the other two went pro. So he got some good time and put up decentish numbers, although nothing special for juniors. Just shy of a ppg, but he is more known for defense, pk and face-offs. He is rated highly in all 3 from what I have read. Its really his selection to the WJSS leads me to believe there may be something there that hasn't been shown through statistics or my very, very, very limited eye test. At this point in the poll, that very remote chance is worth voting for.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Everyone has given up on Binnington? Or you only have one goalie vote and used it on Husso?

I wouldn't say I've completely given up on Binny but I think he's at a make or break point and I just haven't seen much progression from him. Adding to that, he's appears to be in a horrible position as the #4 goalie for an org that doesn't have an AHL affiliate. I'm not really factoring that into my view of him but it appears that he'll be lucky if Army can find an AHL backup role for him. That can't be good for him and his development, especially at the make or break point of his career with Husso already passing him and Opilka and Fitz ready to turn pro a year from now.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
It would be between Lindbohm and the goalies. I think Fitzpatrick can possibly be an NHL starter if everything goes right. We're at the point in the list where goalies built-in high risk is no greater than the high risks for the skaters. But, as Lindbohm has already actually played decently on The NHL level at times, I've got to give him the edge.

Yeah, bolded is pretty much my thinking as well. I really think Lindbohm could play bottom pairing minutes right now and do alright. At this point, I don't really think his potential ceiling is much higher than an AHL call up (bottom pairing absolute max)...but that's still valuable and his chances of hitting that potential are 100% IMO.

Everyone has given up on Binnington? Or you only have one goalie vote and used it on Husso?

Speaking as someone who has not been a Binnington fan for a long time, so take this with a grain of salt, I don't see much of a future for him in the Blues organization. Same goes for Opilka TBH, but he has more time to turn it around. I think Binnington may have topped out already, but I could be wrong. This is obviously a huge season for him.

I do think Fitzpatrick has decent potential tho, he's after my Kaspick on my list.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I went with Fitzpatrick again, if it wasnt for being on such a crappy team in Sherbrooke. He likely would have gotten more attention this past season. For the shot volume he faced he played quite well.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
i decided not to vote on goalies at all because they're so random. If we did goalies separately, Binnington would have gotten my second vote after Husso.
I agree.

I voted for Husso early on, only because I think he has a legit shot, but other than that I just don't know enough to make a legitimate choice.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
NHL teams have to draft and rank goalies with skaters so my preference is to do it the same way. They're all assets/potential future players so I don't have a problem grouping them together. I simply take the uncertainty of goalies into account when valuing/ranking them.

That's my stance anyway but if a majority would prefer separate lists, I don't care much.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
NHL teams have to draft and rank goalies with skaters so my preference is to do it the same way. They're all assets/potential future players so I don't have a problem grouping them together. I simply take the uncertainty of goalies into account when valuing/ranking them.

That's my stance anyway but if a majority would prefer separate lists, I don't care much.

You have to draft them with everyone else, so I agree with ranking them with everyone else. If nothing else, it demonstrates to casual fans just how difficult it is to get a read on a goalie's future.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Part of me wonders if our affiliation with Tulsa allows us to bring Opilka up to the pros this season instead of sending him back to Kitchener. A season in Tulsa wouldn't hurt him a bit. Would that change anybody's opinion about where he ranks in the goalie pipeline? For me, he's probably 4th, or at least tied for 3rd with Binnington. He's had a rough time with injuries, but he was terrific before his bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad