#11-Osskar Sundqvist (46%)
#12-Samuel Blais (27%)
#13-Adam Musil (31%)
#14-Niko Mikkola (54%)
#15-Alexei Toropchenko (65%)

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Stevens.

Steady improvement. Has legit skills but is still just raw. I don't know much about his personality but I would guess that like Thompson, it helps that his dad is a pro coach so he should absolutely know what it'll take to reach the NHL.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
I really don't know enough about David Noel. Somebody help me choose between Lindbohm, Fitzpatrick, Binnington, Stevens, Poganski, Kaspick, or Noel. I'm really not sure who wins out here. Aside from the goalies, all of the above seem like bottom pairing/4th liners that only have a slim chance of reaching their potential.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Stevens is the pick here for me. He nearly led in point production for a pretty good Northeastern team at 19. When you're at #16 in rankings, that is hard to ignore. Yeah, CHL still has more of the blue chip prospects, but 19 in CHL is old & 19 in NCAA is young. He's playing against some more physically developed players. Last season was disappointing, almost can consider it a lost year, but it is for reasons beyond his control.

He's a safe bet to be a really good AHL player at a minimum.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
the choice is between Lindbohm, Fitzpatrick, Binnington, Stevens, Poganski, and Kaspick. The 2 goalies have the normal goaltender risk of mental aspects of the game potentially popping up at any time. Lindbohm's regression is a bad sign, despite his having already played decently in The NHL, but only for a short period. Poganski and Kaspick have slightly higher floors, but limited ceilings.

I have to go with Nolan Stevens here, as he already played well last season in a fairly high-level situation.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Kaspick. The Canada folks see something there, as he's a top PK guy for the WJ summer squad. Stevens and Fitzpatrick are right there. It's a crapshoot at this point.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Went with Poganski. i think there's something there with his playstyle that could become a this day and age 4th liner. energy guy, never stops skating has a little scoring ability but plays a high energy game. Kind of like how rowney/archibald were for PIT.

He has the tools to be a serviceable player like that, guess we'll find out how much he wants it and how much he's willing to commit to making it to the nhl.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
After Stevens here I have Kaspick and then Lindbohm. That seems low for Lindbohm but I just don't see it as all too likely that he gets over the hump. He plateaued unfortunately.

As for Kaspick, I'm not as familiar with him as some others as I saw no WHL games this past season but in the little I saw the previous season, he seemed to be a pretty solid all-around role player. But he looked pretty good in a few of the WJSS highlights i watched and he's bound to grow as a player and continue to get better. With a lot of his teammates likely graduating to the pros (Patrick and Duke especially), Kaspick should get a lot more responsibility and playing time this season. I would be surprised if he made Canada's WJC team but if he could force his way into a bottom-6 role, that would be fantastic for him. I'll try to catch more of him this season.

Last edited:

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
After Stevens here I have Kaspick and then Lindbohm. That seems low for Lindbohm but I just don't see it as all too likely that he gets over the hump. He plateaued unfortunately.

As for Kaspick, I'm not as familiar with him as some others as I saw no WHL games this past season but in the little I saw the precious season, he seemed to be a pretty solid all-around role player. But he looked pretty good in a few of the WJSS highlights i watched and he's bound to grow as a player and continue to get better. With a lot of his teammates likely graduating to the pros (Patrick and Duke especially), Kaspick should get a lot more responsibility and playing time this season. I would be surprised if he made Canada's WJC team but if he could force his way into a bottom-6 role, that would be fantastic for him. I'll try to catch more of him this season.

Yeah Kaspick is a guy I have seen precious little of TBH. Hard for me to really have an informed opinion on him or rank him higher than a guy like Lindbohm (who I have seen play in the NHL and think could hold down a bottom pairing role without looking out of place). That said, Kaspick's deployment in the WJSS has been encouraging. Hopefully he steps into a larger role for the Wheatkings this season and flourishes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad