Prospect Info: 16th Overall, Alex Newhook, Victoria Grizzlies, C, BCHL

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
He should get rid of the New and go with Hook. Alex Hook sounds bad ass

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
The more I think about it, I feel like this kid is going to play for us relatively quickly.

He’s already physically mature enough to play, he just needs to test his skills against better competition.

I think he’ll be playing for us after one year in college. He can come in as our 3C and get enough minutes where he’s still developing, but not relied upon so much, to the point where he might get overwhelmed.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
The more I think about it, I feel like this kid is going to play for us relatively quickly.

He’s already physically mature enough to play, he just needs to test his skills against better competition.

I think he’ll be playing for us after one year in college. He can come in as our 3C and get enough minutes where he’s still developing, but not relied upon so much, to the point where he might get overwhelmed.

Isn't Bowers supposed to be the 3C for us next year? Maybe Bowers gets 4C and Newhook gets 3C ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
He'll beat out Erik Johnson for best smile on the team, and might even eclipse the legendary Ville Nieminen in that category.
Mike-Ricci-toothless-smile.jpg

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Newhook plans to hone skills at Boston College before joining Avalanche

"We'll see what happens," Newhook said. "I definitely plan on going to Boston College for at least a year. I think that will be the best step for me."

"I think you are seeing more guys going to college instead of right into the NHL," Newhook said. "To see what guys like Tyson Jost and (Avalanche defenseman) Cale [Makar] have done, it's definitely exciting for me. That will be in the back of my mind. I'll stay [in school] as long as I need to and hopefully step right in [to the NHL] from there."

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV

"We'll see what happens," Newhook said. "I definitely plan on going to Boston College for at least a year. I think that will be the best step for me."

"I think you are seeing more guys going to college instead of right into the NHL," Newhook said. "To see what guys like Tyson Jost and (Avalanche defenseman) Cale [Makar] have done, it's definitely exciting for me. That will be in the back of my mind. I'll stay [in school] as long as I need to and hopefully step right in [to the NHL] from there."
If he's following that logic hopefully it's closer to Makar than Jost....

Reactions: Postanin CB Ting

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I believe that Newhook's sister arrives at BC for the 2020-2021 year. I have to believe he will want to be at school for at least one year with her.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL

I like this plan. :laugh:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yup sounds like he would rather play in college than the AHL

I'd have to imagine that the avs will want him to bolster the NHL squad once his college season ends (be it this one or the next) & he's ready to sign his ELC. As opposed to signing him to bolster the Eagles playoff hopes.

Hopefully that means they're willing to be patient if he needs a 2nd college season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad