Prospect Info: #162 LW Jesper Bratt

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Was impressed with Bratt at camp last year. Silky smooth hands with a good motor.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
This was a great project pick. D+1 in Sweden, D+2 in London, D+3 in Binghamton, by which time he'll be 21 and will have spent two years in North America. Slow and steady. We'll have a much clearer picture of him by then.

He's eligible for WHC this year right? I seem to recall him being one of the last cuts for Sweden last year, is that correct?

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Interesting.. London is always a stacked team so he may not get as much ice time. May be better of in the Ahl if that is the case.

Can he play RW?

If he's strictly on the left side, he'll be competing against Jones and Miletic.

But he'd easily be the #1 RW - Knights don't have a whole lot there.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Can he play RW?

If he's strictly on the left side, he'll be competing against Jones and Miletic.

But he'd easily be the #1 RW - Knights don't have a whole lot there.

This is what I'm hoping actually. He played a whole lot of RW for AIK and was even on the top line/top-6 a good amount, but he was shuffled around a decent amount. If he could get a consistent top-6 (hopefully even the top line) RW role for London that would do wonders.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
I've read a few times now that he could crack the team this year. Any truth to that? Thanks in advance!

Highly doubtful. But I'm pretty optimistic that bratt will be a good player in the long run. Thought he was one of the best at the prospects tourney last week. He and hischier seem like they might be a duo in the future.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Thanks for the quick reply!
Highly doubtful. But I'm pretty optimistic that bratt will be a good player in the long run. Thought he was one of the best at the prospects tourney last week. He and hischier seem like they might be a duo in the future.

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
I've read a few times now that he could crack the team this year. Any truth to that? Thanks in advance!

He certainly did not look out of place last night in his first bit of preseason action. Maybe he can get a couple of games in to start the year if he keeps it up and then go from there. Definitely promising for a 6th round pick to be threatening this early on in his development.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
So do you guys think he'll end up in the AHL this season?

It sounds like he's been having a great camp

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
So do you guys think he'll end up in the AHL this season?

It sounds like he's been having a great camp

I don't think he's even eligible for the AHL this season? He'll 99.99% be in the OHL this season with London and maybe if he keeps up his play he'll get a small cup of tea in the NHL.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I don't think he's even eligible for the AHL this season? He'll 99.99% be in the OHL this season with London and maybe if he keeps up his play he'll get a small cup of tea in the NHL.

He's eligible for the A because he was drafted out of Europe.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm incredibly impressed that a 6th round pick from 2016 is making a case to make the team right now. He might be a good one.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
"Jesper's been very impressive since rookie camp," Hynes said after the game. "He was very good in the camp itself, he's been very good in practice and two exhibition games he's played, so he continues to make a case for himself. Very smart, very competitive, plays with a high, high pace, and he's one of these guys, he can play when there's no time and space and still make plays."

Love it and I agree.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I'm pretty sure he's planning to report to London. Although at this point I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 2-4 games before being sent back like Speers got last year.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm pretty sure he's planning to report to London. Although at this point I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 2-4 games before being sent back like Speers got last year.

I fully expect him to be in London this season, but at this point I hope he makes the team out of camp and is given some games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad