Prospect Info: #162 LW Jesper Bratt

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
From what I've read in recent Swedish media it seems like he'll stay in Allsvenskan (SEL-2) for next year, which isn't really a bad thing. It's a pretty good league for young players to develop. Filip Forsberg for example had 2 seasons there, -1 draft and +1 draft.

Still only 17 as well, at least for another month or so. Seems pretty dedicated too, being first in last out at practices and doing a lot of extra work on his own (taken from swedish media). Intrigued to see what he can do next year.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Bratt's 17 points in 48 Allsvenskan games are pretty close to Filip Forsberg's d-1 too. Wish he was getting time in the SHL, though. It'd be easier to gauge his progress next season.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Yeah I looked at their relative statistics the other day and had the same thought. What was it about Tedenby that made him go so much higher than Bratt? For the life of me, there's nothing in the stats that would explain it. I remember watching Tedenby's videos at the time and being blown away by his stickhandling ability, maybe that's it. And maybe it's that Tedenby had already gotten game time in the SEL... yeah that's almost certainly got to be the deciding factor.

Regardless, to get to the NHL Bratt has a leg up on Tedenby, I think, because his style of play is more about finding seams on the ice and getting his shot off (that's the other player his video reminded me of, Boucher) than it is about stickhandling in traffic. The one former work in the NHL, the latter certainly did not.

Plus who knows, maybe he'll grow another inch or two.

That is it. I remember thinking this was Kenny Anderson, point guard from Georgia Tech before he became a NJ Net and his game didn't transfer over well at all to the NBA. They both looked like they could do whatever they wanted handling the puck.

But yeah, the videos of Tedenby when he was in Sweden and at the WJCs were mesmerizing.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Still love this pick...I was wondering why he was still playing in Allsvenskan despite playing for AIK, then I remembered that AIK got relegated from the SHL. This actually seems like a really good scenario for Bratt to continue to develop, although Allsvenskan games are a little more difficult to find than SHL ones. :laugh:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
This maybe my favourite pick. What made Tedenby go 25 and this kid go 6th round. He looks like he has as good hands as Tedenby and a very good shot. -2 Draft here are their numbers.

-2 NHLD
Bratt (J20) - 39 games, 17 goals, 23 assists, 40 points
Tedenby (J20) 27 games, 10 goals, 10 assists, 20 points

-1 NHLD
Bratt (Allvenskan) - 48 games, 8 goals, 9 assists, 17 points
Bratt (U18) - 21 games, 8 goals, 8 assist, 16 points

Tedenby (J20) - 25 games, 14 goals, 16 assists, 30 points
Tedenby (SEL) - 23 games, 3 goals, 3 assists, 6 points
Tedenby (U18) - 14 games, 10 goals, 8 assists, 18 points

Jesper Bratt - 5'10 172 points, left shot, LW/RW
Mattias Tedenby - 5'10 176 pounds, left shot, LW/RW

I don't know if you put any stock into this, but Bratt is 6 months younger than Tedenby was at similar Draft -1 or 2 times.

I would think when you are talking about a 5'10 170-ish lbs player, 6 months of physical maturity can be quite significant?

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Pretty excited about this kid. Looks to have a lot of skill and could be our Gaudreau. Lets pray he works out 2-3 years from now because would could definitely use these skills and a high end talent.

We're due for one of these 6th round picks working out

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
I would like Bratt to work out, but his stats are a notch below both Tedenby and Forsberg. Just go to eliteprospects.com and look at what each player did in their 16 year old, 17 year old, and 18 year old seasons. For the most part Bratt does not have better stats. And both Forsberg and Tedenby competed in the WJC-18 Junior Championships as 17 year olds whereas Pratt did not.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I would like Bratt to work out, but his stats are a notch below both Tedenby and Forsberg. Just go to eliteprospects.com and look at what each player did in their 16 year old, 17 year old, and 18 year old seasons. For the most part Bratt does not have better stats. And both Forsberg and Tedenby competed in the WJC-18 Junior Championships as 17 year olds whereas Pratt did not.
Correct me if I wm wrong but I am Pretty sure Bratt put up those numbers mostly playing on the 3rd or 4th line with limited PP time whereas Tedenby and Forsberg had top 6 time in their draft years.

Mustangs

Jan 13, 2008
Barrie
It gives NJ options if he can't handle the AHL. Off to London he would go. Assume he gets to london and the game isnt during the world juniors I might get to see him play when they come up to barrie.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Interesting.. London is always a stacked team so he may not get as much ice time. May be better of in the Ahl if that is the case.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Nothing indicates he is ready for the AHL. London would make a whole lot of sense.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Bratt's #'s last year compare very favorably to 2016 3rd round pick and AIK team mate Fredrick Karlstrom.

Bratt 6-16-22 in 46.

Karlstrom 9-15-24 in 45.

And Bratt is a bit younger to boot.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Interesting.. London is always a stacked team so he may not get as much ice time. May be better of in the Ahl if that is the case.

How would a 19-year old, already drafted player not get significant ice time in the OHL...even on a stacked team?

Seems like a great next step for Bratt.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
How would a 19-year old, already drafted player not get significant ice time in the OHL...even on a stacked team?

Seems like a great next step for Bratt.

I don't know the depth chart and the players that London may have so it was just speculation. I do think it is a great step for him after all, but if he is stuck playing in the bottom 6 (which I doubt) he may have a better chance at a top 6 role in Binghamton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->