Team: AIK(Sweden)

Position: Left Wing

Height: 5'10" Weight: 174 lbs.

Shoots: Left

Stats: 48 games, 8 goals, 9 assists, 17 points, +1

Final NHL Central Scouting rank: 17th among European skaters

What I Like:

-Heavy shooter

For a smaller player, Bratt can really fire the puck. He's got a quick, heavy release on his snap shot and has the ability to one-time hard or difficult passes. He's very good on the power play because of his shooting ability.

-Changes directions well

Bratt is a really quick player that moves east-west well making him dynamic off the rush and makes it difficult for opposing defenders to line him up.

What I Don't Like:

-Disappears against physical play

Bratt is a small player and not particularly strong, which really works against him when he's playing against faster, stronger competition. He's easily muscled off the puck in tight areas and tends to be quiet and ineffective when playing teams that play a more North American style of hockey.

-Needs to improve defensive play

Bratt is a skilled offensive player, but he's not so skilled that he's going to last in the NHL without developing more of a 200-foot game.

Draft Projection:

Bratt is a solid mid-round pick. He's got some skills, but serious questions about how well his game will translate to North America will probably push him into the late-third round at the earliest and early-fifth round at the latest.

Pro Projection:

Bratt is a bit of a boom-or-bust prospect because he's the type of player that will likely need to play a top line scoring role to stick in the NHL. Best case scenario, he makes it as a second line scoring forward that uses his big shot to be a threat on the power play.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=117698

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/201...-bratt-2016-nhl-draft-profile-scouting-report

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Ranked 17th among EU skaters by Central.

could be a very underrated pick

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Could've gone as high as the 3rd round. Steal in the 6th for his talent level. He struggles along the boards but could be a good one.

Group Chat Legend*

Dont like this pick, we have plenty of LWs and there were other equally talented picks in better positions with better size

Hopefully he can prove me wrong. This is the first pick of the day I do not like off the bat

Reactions: Tryamkin

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Jesper Bratt is a very good pick.

Keep in mind, it's the 6th round. Your chances of acquiring a regular NHL-er are miniscule. Might as well swing for the fences, and that's what the Devils did here. His puck skills/speed/shot combo are undeniable, and if he can even develop an average 200-foot game you might have a 2nd line waterbug with 60 point upside.

The Devils need offense, and Bratt is all about offense. Many scouts had him ranked as a 3rd rounder. I had him in the 4th, but either way he's a nice gamble in the 6th.

Reactions: tailfins

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Dont like this pick, we have plenty of LWs and there were other equally talented picks in better positions with better size

Hopefully he can prove me wrong. This is the first pick of the day I do not like off the bat

How many other guys have you seen outside of YouTube highlights?

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
The thing I see that differs him from Tedenby is that Teddy always tried to use his stick-handling to get away from players; always trying to deke around. Bratt seems to use his speed and edges/agility more ala Gaudreau to maneuver which could help him in the tighter NA game

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Who cares if he takes a few years to get to Albany? A lot of kids have been putting up good numbers in the SHL.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
This maybe my favourite pick. What made Tedenby go 25 and this kid go 6th round. He looks like he has as good hands as Tedenby and a very good shot. -2 Draft here are their numbers.

-2 NHLD
Bratt (J20) - 39 games, 17 goals, 23 assists, 40 points
Tedenby (J20) 27 games, 10 goals, 10 assists, 20 points

-1 NHLD
Bratt (Allvenskan) - 48 games, 8 goals, 9 assists, 17 points
Bratt (U18) - 21 games, 8 goals, 8 assist, 16 points

Tedenby (J20) - 25 games, 14 goals, 16 assists, 30 points
Tedenby (SEL) - 23 games, 3 goals, 3 assists, 6 points
Tedenby (U18) - 14 games, 10 goals, 8 assists, 18 points

Jesper Bratt - 5'10 172 points, left shot, LW/RW
Mattias Tedenby - 5'10 176 pounds, left shot, LW/RW

Reactions: tailfins

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Yeah I looked at their relative statistics the other day and had the same thought. What was it about Tedenby that made him go so much higher than Bratt? For the life of me, there's nothing in the stats that would explain it. I remember watching Tedenby's videos at the time and being blown away by his stickhandling ability, maybe that's it. And maybe it's that Tedenby had already gotten game time in the SEL... yeah that's almost certainly got to be the deciding factor.

Regardless, to get to the NHL Bratt has a leg up on Tedenby, I think, because his style of play is more about finding seams on the ice and getting his shot off (that's the other player his video reminded me of, Boucher) than it is about stickhandling in traffic. The one former work in the NHL, the latter certainly did not.

Plus who knows, maybe he'll grow another inch or two.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Based on his +- for and against it looks like Bratt put up these numbers on the 4th line. Pretty remarkable IMO. Lets see if he is drafted in the import draft, I'd love to see him play in the CHL instead of playing SEL. Unfortunately players like this out of Sweden have missed a lot in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->