Prospect Info: #16 - Jakob Chychrun

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Chychrun is incredible. Makes stuff look easy that our veteran D fail at. Breakout passes? Check. Good gap control? Check. Good positioning? Check. Offense? Check. There's not a lot he can't do and he's just 18.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
No, he's still great. He's one coach away from playing regularly.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
No, he's still great. He's one coach away from playing regularly.

Actually not too upset with his playing time this season. He is bound to hit a wall at some point but the way Tip has deployed him this year he seems to be playing at the same level all year in games.

And I hate Tip, just not as much as some of the guys around here. :laugh:

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Really damn good. He needs to be work on his shot, he misses the net a lot, and still has the occasional mistake but he's been amazing overall, especially when considering his age.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Actually not too upset with his playing time this season. He is bound to hit a wall at some point but the way Tip has deployed him this year he seems to be playing at the same level all year in games.

He's played in 45 games already this season, which is amazing for an 18 year old rookie defenseman. That Chychrun has been able to impress Tippet and get that much playing time is amazing in and of itself. I have really high hopes for the kid! At this point I'm comfortable saying his floor is really very good top 4D.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

Agree, no problem with an 18 year old sitting here and there. I feel he is always consistent because of this. Solid 3rd pairing guy who can already chip in offensively. Has great hustle (to the point of over doing it), excellent offensive instincts, and the physicality of a defenseman 5 years his senior. Could probably already slot up to the 2nd pair, but that may expose some of the weaknesses in his unfamiliarity of the NHL speed/transition game.

He will probably stay on the 3rd pairing next year with more PP and PK time, but could probably play on most teams 2nd pair by next season.

Sky is the limit for him.

deftones1986

Jul 7, 2011
Any updates on him as of now? I'm asking because I'm fooling around on Capfriendly, and I loved this guy in.......wait for it........NHL17. Lol, I know, but after seeing him in the game I did a little research and he seems to have some injury history. Still only what, 20 years old? Any info on his trade value (if any) would be appreciated!!

I'm a Flyers fan by the way...... let me know what you think he'd be worth from our big club and farm system.

P.S. sorry we apparently took JVR from you guys!

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Any updates on him as of now? I'm asking because I'm fooling around on Capfriendly, and I loved this guy in.......wait for it........NHL17. Lol, I know, but after seeing him in the game I did a little research and he seems to have some injury history. Still only what, 20 years old? Any info on his trade value (if any) would be appreciated!!

I'm a Flyers fan by the way...... let me know what you think he'd be worth from our big club and farm system.

I really can't imagine he's for sale outside of a larger deal for a stud center or a substantial overpayment but that's just what I think. Others may value him differently or be willing to move him for more reasons.

Reactions: deftones1986

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

As much as you like Travis Konecny, we like Chychrun more because he's a D and not a winger.

Reactions: deftones1986

deftones1986

Jul 7, 2011
As much as you like Travis Konecny, we like Chychrun more because he's a D and not a winger.

Damn that's pretty good. I'd like to follow his development as best I could. Thanks, this pretty much tells me all I need to know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad