Post-Game Talk: #16 | FLYERS (H) vs. Rangers (A) | Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2021 | Flyers win 4-3

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I feel you man. I admit I was watching the game relatively loosely for the first half of it while finishing dinner.

But wait, what source are you using? I'm just browsing on ESPN and it says ProV had 6:59 of PP time. That's even worse than you originally posted. :laugh::laugh:

I absolutely hate him on the PP.
No worries, you made a perfectly reasonable point. :)

And oh shit, you're absolutely right. I was only looking at his 5v4 numbers because I completely forgot about the 5v3 time, which is obviously included in the 6:59. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuudeeeeee

Reactions: ybnvs

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
I must say Ghost is giving me no reason to change my avatar. He should be a lineup lock moving forward.

It was great to see Giroux back and just totally dominating possession even by the eye test.

Elliott made some nice saves, and has been generally ok as backup this year.

Last, I know Rangers hate is fairly light among our crowd here, but it is wonderful for me to watch them suck.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I want to keep Patrick at wing when everyone gets back. Who plays 3rd line center? If you go with Laughton, that pretty much puts Oskar on the 4th line.
And that doesn't work...because then your 4th line guys are Lindblom-Raffl-NAK

No need to have Raffl as a C when you have 4 C's and Patrick is playing the worst of them all.

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
Exceptional combined special teams time in this game:
  • Fox 10:12
  • Zibanejad 9:54
  • Couturier 10:49
  • Provorov 10:42

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Still crazy how drastically different the PP is with Giroux and Ghost together. Both are elite there.

This is the first time since 2018 that the two of them have been on the same PP without Giroux being on the wrong side. That's nuts.

You'd expect that to continue from here on out, but we know that's not happening.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
A game like this from Myers is something you live with for a player with less than 100 career games coming in. He took his lumps, he'll watch the tape, and hopefully learn from it and be better in D coverage around the net.
Atleast he isn’t playing like Robert “Boss Hogg” Hagg.

Hagg was in no mans land a few times tonite leaving Krieder alone in front of the net.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Still crazy how drastically different the PP is with Giroux and Ghost together. Both are elite there.

This is the first time since 2018 that the two of them have been on the same PP without Giroux being on the wrong side. That's nuts.

You'd expect that to continue from here on out, but we know that's not happening.

Hayes was even shooting and distributing instead of PP puckhogging. It's just that whenever Provorov got the puck the whole operation ground to a halt. At least see what Sanheim looks like.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hayes was even shooting and distributing instead of PP puckhogging. It's just that whenever Provorov got the puck the whole operation ground to a halt. At least see what Sanheim looks like.
Yeah, Sanheim on the PP is a no-brainer. But if they're too stupid to do that - which they obviously are - then at least put Gus there.

Provorov is just a PP liability.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Gus still makes the occasional "wtf" pass, but not near as many as before. Can't argue with his production 1+8=9 pts, +3 in 14 games.
He has improved a lot since the beginning of the season, primarily with respect to puck handling.

He still makes bad reads defensively and makes horrid decisions with the puck on occasion, but my profanity laced tirades in his direction have reduced dramatically over the last ~10 games. :laugh:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah, Sanheim on the PP is a no-brainer. But if they're too stupid to do that - which they obviously are - then at least put Gus there.

Provorov is just a PP liability.

I didn't recommend Gus because I don't feel like doing the mental math to see if we can even do that right now. But my instinct is "not really"

Reactions: Striiker
Oct 26, 2018
somewhere
www.facebook.com
i want the impression on the comotions depistage on samuel morin
he seem to have being shaken hard on that hit by brandan smifff
oh my god , is morin hurt?
i hope he survive a hit.
he must be not being able to compete next game
we should be carefull with injured people like morin, next game he is out.
precaution mesures.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Irvdog13

Jan 20, 2020
Given the adversity we have dealt with so far this year i give the team a pass on a lot of the goings on. If they dont eat each other and continue to grind and overcome....good things can happen. I like where we are at under the circumstances. A shit tonne of challenges have been dealt with in the first q of the season that the fan base summarily dismisses from their all knowing lazy boys.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
i want the impression on the comotions depistage on samuel morin
he seem to have being shaken hard on that hit by brandan smifff
oh my god , is morin hurt?
i hope he survive a hit.
he must be not being able to compete next game
we should be carefull with injured people like morin, next game he is out.
precaution mesures.

word-saldad-bowl-illustrator-graphic.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad