Not open for further replies.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
yo coyotes:
EnchantingEminentHen-size_restricted.gif

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
You know the goaltending is made even worse by the Hakshell applying more pressure in our end, and by Hakstol botching the handing of his goalies, right? That's a problem made worse by the coach, not better.
No, I don’t know that. I know that Hak usually applies 2 forecheckers through most of the 3rd with the lead. I don’t agree that he botched the handling of his goalies at all. I do know the goalies he had to work with were God awful.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
No, I don’t know that. I know that Hak usually applies 2 forecheckers through most of the 3rd with the lead. I don’t agree that he botched the handling of his goalies at all. I do know the goalies he had to work with were God awful.

Well, now you know that playing in a manner that exposes your goalies even more is problematic when they goalies aren't very good. Hakstol is very good at bringing glaring issues into the spotlight rathre than working around them. Good coaches do the latter, not the former.

Two forecheckers facing 3 or 4 opposing players for puck battles with no glimpse of D support if they even win out isn't exactly great pressure, you know.

Hak brings noticeably more pressure through most of the rest of the game. The Arizona game was a nice change with real pressure all game long. Last year there was a Washington game where that happened. Hurray, he's only a coward for 81 games a year!

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Well, now you know that playing in a manner that exposes your goalies even more is problematic when they goalies aren't very good. Hakstol is very good at bringing glaring issues into the spotlight rathre than working around them. Good coaches do the latter, not the former.

Two forecheckers facing 3 or 4 opposing players for puck battles with no glimpse of D support if they even win out isn't exactly great pressure, you know.

Hak brings noticeably more pressure through most of the rest of the game. The Arizona game was a nice change with real pressure all game long. Last year there was a Washington game where that happened. Hurray, he's only a coward for 81 games a year!

You’re blatantly making stuff up. The Arizona game is the one game they DID go into a shell for the majority of the 3rd.

It’s pretty clear you see a result & then make up reasons for why it happened.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I wonder if a good coach would recognize that its a bad idea to go into a shell and completely rely on defense and goaltending when you have bad goaltender?

Because Hakstol obviously doesn't realize that.
Hitchcock successfully used a technically perfect 1-2-2 to minimize high danger chances against his goalies. He helped his goalies that way.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You’re blatantly making stuff up. The Arizona game is the one game they DID go into a shell for the majority of the 3rd.

It’s pretty clear you see a result & then make up reasons for why it happened.

Just stop.

If you think that game is the only game where they drastically ease pressure then you're living in a fake reality based entirely around ignoring Hakstol's massive flaws.

Do you think it is good coaching to run a system that generates shots from the perimeter rather than trying to generate chances from the slot?

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Just stop.

If you think that game is the only game where they drastically ease pressure then you're living in a fake reality based entirely around ignoring Hakstol's massive flaws.

Do you think it is good coaching to run a system that generates shots from the perimeter rather than trying to generate chances from the slot?
You just said the AZ game was a “nice change” because “they brought pressure all game long.”
In reality, it’s one of the only games they’ve gone into a shell early in the third.
It’s utterly clear you have no eye for what’s going on tactically on the ice.
I’m a long time basketball coach & it helps immensely for naturally reading what systems are being deployed on the ice.
Most people have no clue without that kind of practice.

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
He's a ****ing idiot. I am going to start my own rideshare company and call it Goober. It provides transportation for hayseeds like myself and Hak, and our motto is "If you get in our car, you are getting taped, b***h!"

I was thinking of calling it Ruber and making it for rubes, but then that will get all ****ed up and confusing when German "Rubesie" Rubtsov makes the Flyers. In 2026.
Gryft?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He has a better record than a lot of coaches with similar talent & better goaltending. If the team keeps getting better this season & winning, there’s no reason to fire him. If they don’t, there is.
So this year is the deciding year.

Last edited:

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
If we win a playoff series I will be happy this year. Our division is the least competitive in the league. The top team is 5th in the Atlantic. The points should not be the gauge. It’s the record and we just almost swept a road trip to get to .500, 15 games in. That’s bad. We got very badly outplayed in the last two games. Im happy when they win and pissed when they lose bc I don’t think Hakstol gets fired mid season. Just going to have to win despite him. Hopefully someone notable gets fired in the offseason and Hakstol gets replaced but that does not seem to be hextall a style.

Reactions: renberg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yada yada yada.

We'll see how the season works out.
If the Flyers make the playoffs, how many teams will have made the playoffs 3 of the last 4 seasons?
While it may not be hard to do once, 3 of 4 is a lot longer odds. Especially while rebuilding. Especially with no goaltenders.

The fact that Hakstoll's teams in both college and since he's been here play much better as the season goes along suggests withholding early judgment is probably prudent. As we've seen, give this team average goaltending and they're competitive, they get JVR and Raffl back by December, they'll probably get help from LHV in the spring, and Hextall may decide to make a TDL move or two. So I'm just gonna sit back and watch.

Whining is so tiresome.

Last edited:
Reactions: ybnvs

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
So if we lose 20 straight, then win 2, it's an improvement?

How many games is enough to judge? Just wondering. Half season? Whole season? 2 more years?

So you think a new coach on the West Coast swing would've gotten 8 out of 8 points?

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Yada yada yada.

We'll see how the season works out.
If the Flyers make the playoffs, how many teams will have made the playoffs 3 of the last 4 seasons?
While it may not be hard to do once, 3 of 4 is a lot longer odds. Especially while rebuilding. Especially with no goaltenders.

The fact that Hextall's teams in both college and since he's been here play much better as the season goes along suggests withholding early judgment is probably prudent. As we've seen, give this team average goaltending and they're competitive, they get JVR and Raffl back by December, they'll probably get help from LHV in the spring, and Hextall may decide to make a TDL move or two. So I'm just gonna sit back and watch.

Whining is so tiresome.
So bc he always starts slow we should say whatever and let it be. Maybe if he has a track record of starting slow and then winning championships. But he doesn’t. His replacement does in far fewer time. But he does not.

This current team should make the playoffs. Even if I coach the team they should make the playoffs. Healthy, they have two 30 goal scorers on the third line. A Selke finalist on the top line. 100 pt players on the top two lines. A league leading goalscoring dman. Another dman who is already top 10 in franchise history in scoring. A second overall pick playing well. Plus TK, Lindblom, and Sanheim. That team should make the playoffs as long as they have an NHL level goalie which they do. There is no question Hakstol is a bad coach and a better coach would have this team playing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad