GDT: #16: Coyotes at FLYERS, Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcsson68

Jan 23, 2018
We could take 19 out of 20 points in a row and all you would do is come on here and ***** . We took 7 out of 8 points this trip be happy for the team .

And if we won a cup the same people would either disappear or say: "Yeah! But the players won it despite the horrible coaching" or "Without that absolute joke of a coach we would've won two cups"

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It’s funny how upset many get when this team wins. There are many here who would it seems would prefer losses to give extra support to their Hakstol hate.

It makes sense. The team needs a new coach as soon as possible. It is better for the long term.

Hakstol is a waste of prime years. The faster he is gone, the better it will be.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hakstol is pretty much a symptom of a larger problem at this point that goes above him. The day he goes could singal change assuming Hextall is willing to change his ways too which admittedly very likely is a stretch he does. But I’d like to see it play out to know for sure.

I don’t really care about wins or losses as I know the end game here for the season regardless (don’t make the playoffs or make them & get embarrassed again in a first round exit). But when they do lose enough & in embarrassing fashion over time perhaps it could finally get Hextall off ass & do something quicker for once instead of delaying the inevitable. So yeah it’s not at all the worst thing.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
It makes sense. The team needs a new coach as soon as possible. It is better for the long term.

Hakstol is a waste of prime years. The faster he is gone, the better it will be.

Or maybe if they keep winning he isn’t as bad as you thought? No.....That could never be the case......

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Nobody let you in a locked room with shoelaces! ;)

Raanta or not, we can do this again. There's not much you could lay at the goalies feet last night, we played a good game. I also feel that we have the advantage if it continues along the physical line. Nothing to fear here, but we need to learn to win at home.

Played a good game? The entire game was played in the Flyers end! It looked just like the San Jose game. The silver lining is that Hackstol will not be able to resist putting Moose the heavy goalie back in as soon as he can. Crazy how stupid this coach is - the team consistently improves as his favorite veterans get injured.

I imagine the players say much worse things about him than those Senators did.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Or maybe if they keep winning he isn’t as bad as you thought? No.....That could never be the case......

We have 273 games to know what he is. He is exactly as bad as I know him to be. The guy is one of the longest tenures in the league. He isn't a mystery box, nor has he developed as a coach or shown any hint of doing so.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Played a good game? The entire game was played in the Flyers end! It looked just like the San Jose game. The silver lining is that Hackstol will not be able to resist putting Moose the heavy goalie back in as soon as he can. Crazy how stupid this coach is - the team consistently improves as his favorite veterans get injured.

He's a ****ing idiot. I am going to start my own rideshare company and call it Goober. It provides transportation for hayseeds like myself and Hak, and our motto is "If you get in our car, you are getting taped, b***h!"

I was thinking of calling it Ruber and making it for rubes, but then that will get all ****ed up and confusing when German "Rubesie" Rubtsov makes the Flyers. In 2026.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
We have 273 games to know what he is. He is exactly as bad as I know him to be. The guy is one of the longest tenures in the league. He isn't a mystery box, nor has he developed as a coach or shown any hint of doing so.
He has a better record than a lot of coaches with similar talent & better goaltending. If the team keeps getting better this season & winning, there’s no reason to fire him. If they don’t, there is.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hakstol is a waste of nothing, Flyers were never going to win with Giroux, Voracek and Simmonds.
The kids are developing nicely, whether he stays or go the important thing will be the kids - because if this team wins a SC, it'll be due to Patrick, Lindblom, TK, Provorov, et al.
So if Hakstol stays to the end of his contract, the next coach will inherit a much younger, more talented team.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014

Please. If the Flyers had changed coaches & played that game, we’d have posters creaming themselves.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
He has a better record than a lot of coaches with similar talent & better goaltending. If the team keeps getting better this season & winning, there’s no reason to fire him. If they don’t, there is.

List them.

I'm curious to know who these teams with 102 point scorers, a top 5 RW, Ghost and Provorov, and a Selke finalist are.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
how many cups and playoff wins does have?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
How many coaches win the Cup in their first 3 seasons after taking over a non-playoff team?

Think your expectations are a bit much? You think the goaltending they had the last 2 seasons was Cup-worthy? A D with MacDonald & Hagg & Manning & Schultz Cup worthy? Lmao.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
"I coached Brett, so I'm never getting fired, la la la ..."

GC8uONd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad