Post-Game Talk: #16: Coyotes 4 at FLYERS 5 (OT), Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
Warming up to weise this year. Wouldn't mind him Laughton and raffl when all are healthy.

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
I do have to point out that it seems the Flyers are trying a lot more plays into the slot. Just off the top of my head, I feel like a lot of the goals our coming off the rush/plays into the slot.

Dont know if thats a coaching change, or if its a player change. Maybe the Flyers are finally getting lucky. Appleyard, explain that shit?! Please.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Our star players are soooooooooo insanely good... but **** are they saving this coach time after time after time. :laugh:

I never expected him to get fired mid-season anyway, though. It was always going to depend on how the season ended, in my mind.

But yeah, great game by the top guys, especially Giroux... just really unlucky he only had one point. Ghost was great too.
He had two. They gave him one on the ot goal

Reactions: Tripod

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Our star players are soooooooooo insanely good... but **** are they saving this coach time after time after time. :laugh:

I never expected him to get fired mid-season anyway, though. It was always going to depend on how the season ended, in my mind.

But yeah, great game by the top guys, especially Giroux... just really unlucky he only had one point. Ghost was great too.
Well except provy, he was a turd out there tonight. #SackUp Honestly though oel looked every bit as what i hope for provy to turn out.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Good job Flyers, well done. Way to fight against your coach's influence. I mean, I don't understand how Knoblauch has a job anymore.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Seemed similar to our other victories. ~30 minutes of good/decent hockey. ~30 minutes of utter garbage.

Reactions: Tripod

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Weise is a moron but he can be effective. He should've scored Laughton's second goal, had a great look, decides to wind up (???) and shoot it into shin pads and then run into Lindblom. Puck still ends up in the net but it was a comedic sequence.

I hate Weal. He skates well and does just enough smart-ish hockey stuff to seem like an OK player, and then at the key moment he makes the worst decision available to him every time. He also turns into traffic in the offensive zone ALL THE TIME. It's not the minors, there's always gonna be someone there, and he doesn't have the edgework to pull it off the way, say, Ghost can. Like, he's an AHL player doing AHL shit in the NHL. Every decision a second or two too late, always.

NAK can play 14 seconds for all I care.

The first PP sans Voracek/Simmonds is bad. They need to just revert to that. If anything, drop Couturier to the second unit and run Patrick/Simmonds as your netfront duo. Konecny doesn't have the passing touch (sending or receiving) to work the cross-ice stuff with Giroux and Ghost.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Warming up to weise this year. Wouldn't mind him Laughton and raffl when all are healthy.
he's definitely showing himself to be an actual NHL player now, unlike the past 2 seasons. Very wierd, but maybe he just needed the parituclar chemistry of the Simmonds-Weal-Weise line to allow himself to showcase his best?

I am definitely surprised by their good cycle game, and that type of success breeds confidence. Bring it on.

Reactions: marcsson68

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Good job Flyers, well done. Way to fight against your coach's influence. I mean, I don't understand how Knoblauch has a job anymore.

I seriously doubt he has anything to do with anything. I can see Knob telling the PP players to do something, and then Jeff just shouting "Moar heavy!" until he gets the treacle he is looking for.

Reactions: ybnvs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->