4.) Vili Saarijarvi (58%)
5.) Tyler Bertuzzi (50%)
6.) Givani Smith (41%)
7.) Robbie Russo (51%)
8.) Joe Hicketts (40%)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Hard to vote for Coreau after that stinker last night. Thought he could maybe be a backup for a little there, but I don't think he is an NHL goalie.

Going to go with Jordan Sambrook... I guess?

My add is Mattias Elfstrom

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I go with Nosek here, I think he's going to be our Shehan replacement.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I thought he has looked pretty good during his brief call-up last year for what he is. I liked his work along the boards and on the fore check specifically. I don't see Sheahan doing anything that Nosek can't.

I get though that people lose interest in prospects who don't project as top-six forwards.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Nosek always struck me as a better Jurco (in the role we've decided to play Jurco in, that is). Won't ever be a star, but should be an NHLer in the bottom 6 or as the 13th forward for a long time.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Hard to vote for Coreau after that stinker last night. Thought he could maybe be a backup for a little there, but I don't think he is an NHL goalie.

He looked SO BAD. Slow. So slow. The Wild were just going cross crease all game and making him move and getting easy open nets.

Well, you know, and sometimes he just falls on his way back to the net.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I can't pick Coreau either, dude is a big body, nothing more. That's all I see.

Nosek I guess

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I can't pick Coreau either, dude is a big body, nothing more. That's all I see.

All you had to do was watch Dubnyk across the rink from Coreau to see the difference. They are virtually the same size and one of them moves with agility and urgency and the other looks like a giant coming out of his slumber.

Being a big body is pretty cool, but you have to be able to move. NHL teams are way too skilled moving the puck to hope you can take sweet time getting into position.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
All you had to do was watch Dubnyk across the rink from Coreau to see the difference. They are virtually the same size and one of them moves with agility and urgency and the other looks like a giant coming out of his slumber.

Being a big body is pretty cool, but you have to be able to move. NHL teams are way too skilled moving the puck to hope you can take sweet time getting into position.

Yes, but you should also see big bodies the first several years in the league. Both Dubnyk and Bishop were pretty terrible to start. I dont think he is that good, certainly not Dubnyk good who has first round guy in part because he had freakish athleticism to go with being huge.

I don't think Coreau is more than a NHL back-up but again I guess doesn't that elevate him over a couple of the guys unlikely to have NHL careers at all we are voting for now.

Coreau and Nosek probably should get some credit for playing for the Wings if we are actually voting for them, I sort of assumed we weren't treating them as prospects anymore at this point as the only explanation they weren't off the board.

Voted Turgeon since it seemed like we were after pure prospects to this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad