Prospect Info: 16-17 Red Wings Mid-Season Prospect Ranking -- #1

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
I voted for Hronek about 8 polls in a row last time we did this but right now it's still svechnikov. He's the most talented prospect we have.

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
Coreau has done more than any of them.
Just shut out Cary Price and the Montreal Canadiens.

And you're voting for who???

Cholo has 1 goal in 22 games and is -7 while playing in college.
How would he fit this bill?

Last edited:

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Honestly, Thats a pretty ugly top prospects list for a 'rebuilding' team. I know a few guys just graduated but man

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Svech. I like to start with our best prospect in pro hockey.

Sadly, this is a really ugly group of prospects

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Svech.

Not an attractive looking group right now, but I suppose that's partially due to the graduation of AA and Mantha.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Filip Hronek is #1 for me. Think his ceiling could be something similar to Justin Faulk.

My add is Chase Pearson

That's a lot of names to type!

You do realize Justin Faulk is a number one defenseman, right?

Svech.

Not an attractive looking group right now, but I suppose that's partially due to the graduation of AA and Mantha.

Pretty much this. Don't see any coming up next year so this group should stick would the addition of a top ten pick.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Prospect pool always thins out when you graduate a bunch of players at once. Mantha, AA, Larkin, XO, Sproul all on the team now. Hronek/Cholo just drafted 6 months ago. Still lots to like in our pool imo.

What has he done to deserve it?
What has he done to not deserve it?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
You do realize Justin Faulk is a number one defenseman, right?

Yes. Ceiling = if everything goes right.... Also said "something similar to"...

I mean I'd hope who I considered to be our #1 prospect had a good ceiling? Doesn't mean they'll reach it.

Last edited:

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I don't get to watch these players actually play outside of a game or 2 in the world juniors, so I'm curious as to why people like Hronek in the 1/2 spot so much with no mention of Saarijarvi. Their size/age/draft status/chl production/style of play all seems pretty similar from what I know

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I don't get to watch these players actually play outside of a game or 2 in the world juniors, so I'm curious as to why people like Hronek in the 1/2 spot so much with no mention of Saarijarvi. Their size/age/draft status/chl production/style of play all seems pretty similar from what I know

Hronek is much more physical now and less likely to be physically outmatched against forwards when both are done developing IMO.

I think they have a similar offensive ceiling but I think for the reasons above Hronek has a better shot at being a more complete and better all-around player. I'd say he projects as a guy who can play in more situations than Saarijarvi most likely.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Dennis Cholowski doesn't get much love around here, does he? :amazed:

I don't see him as that great of a prospect to be honest. Going into the draft last year he was projected as a mid 2nd round pick, and that's where he should have been taken. It was a bad move to take him in my opinion. Should have taken a forward. I know our D prospect cupboard is thin, but you can't make that much of a reach. BPA should have been the strategy there, which would have been a forward (Gauthier/Jones/Steel/Debrincat).

His numbers are just "meh". I know he's young, and has lots of time to develop. Detroit is always incredibly patient, so who knows, in 3 years maybe this pick will pay off, but as of now I don't really see too much potential. I easily prefer Hronek.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad